• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) First trailer up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
Is it really hard to understand that if someone expresses admiration for a game that has gotten poor critical reception, really bad player reviews and technical problems that more people are going to raise their eyebrows in contrast to a game that has won GOTY by a landslide on this very forum.

Why should I let Gaf's GOTY dictate how I view and discuss opinions? MGS4 won GOTY twice, that alone doesn't automatically validate opinions on this forum from the get go. My GOTY in 2013 came in 7th place, should I view other people's opinions as lesser than mine since people don't share my tastes or perspective?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Bad trailer, honestly. The Last of Us was very good though, but I'd only be interested in double-dipping if there was new content, which I am assuming their probably won't be.

Also they chose a kind of weird scene to show, plus on YouTube so you can't tell the difference. But seriously, that scene I think works best if you don't see it coming at all, so a bit disappointed that's what they went with.

ItIsOkBro

Hahhahahaha...

For those who can't/haven't watched... It's a 1:27 video. 1:13 seconds is slides of the awards that Last of Us for PS3 got. The final 14 seconds is a camera pulling back on a practically static single scene in the game.

Let's compare:

WvKf9BV.png

WHBiRS9.png

PS3
PS4

(PS4 clip taken from Nerfgun's post)

Why do these look like drawings, I don't remember TLoU looking like this at all.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Let´s hope you are right. The pic - of course - is heavily compressed but i see some characteristics that could point to FXAA - unfortunately. FXAA instantly would kill my hype for this editition - it´s the worst post aa solution available, i just can`t stand the vaseline blurriness.

And CY already did it to Halo. But let´s hope for the best.
Corrine Yu is a tools programmer. She isn't directly, or at least isn't solely, responsible for FXAA in Halo 4.

amar212

What I want to know is:

Are we finally going to get those female protagonists that were left out because of 1MB underhead?

Anung

Un Rama
Looks sharper but obviously it's YT so compression. I just find it baffling they used that scene which is arguably amongst the most affecting in the game.

Naughty Sods!

The tomb raider remaster looks way more impressive so far. This looks like a lazy cash grab.

The trailer didn't show enough to really come to that conclusion, and Tomb Raider already had a PC port that was vastly superior to the previous console versions. So naturally the TR port is a much bigger upgrade. This game already looked great for the console it released on. The only things to really do to it are up the resolution and FPS, but it looks like they're also improving textures and shadowing and are releasing all the DLC content as well.

I feel like that scene is only important/ spoilery when it's in context. It was kind of lame trailer, just focusing on the GOTY awards, but that gets more casual people excited. For example, as a casual comic book reader watching the Watchmen movie trailer for the first time and it saying "Based on the best Graphic Novel of All Time" was the thing that got me most excited and never having heard of Watchmen, made me go buy the book before seeing the movie.

But, what's the point of winning all those awards if you can't use them to sell your game.

Why should I let Gaf's GOTY dictate how I view and discuss opinions? MGS4 won GOTY twice, that alone doesn't automatically validate opinions on this forum from the get go. My GOTY in 2013 came in 7th place, should I view other people's opinions as lesser than mine since people don't share my tastes or perspective?

Did I say that? No. Again please read my posts.

Is it really hard to understand that if someone expresses admiration for a game that has gotten poor critical reception, really bad player reviews and technical problems that more people are going to raise their eyebrows in contrast to a game that has won GOTY by a landslide on this very forum.

I'm saying is it hard to understand that when someone likes a critically acclaimed game its going to raise less controversy than one that is poorly received. Never did I say that it invalidates the latter persons opinion since its not a popular one or its somehow inferior.

If you want to find so badly why people enjoyed TLoU just make a thread. Its not hard. You will get detailed responses and all the discussion you can ever want.

In fact theres one active thread on the exact matter right now. You won't get many answers here.

Vashetti

Banned
The graphics were pretty amazing but I never made it past the 2 hr mark. Gameplay was extremely lacking.

What, the gameplay was the best part.

The story being so well-done was just the icing on the cake.

Sounds like ye olde "lol story driven game has no gameplay QTE Heavy Rain Beyond David Cage tripe"

Jito

Banned
The graphics were pretty amazing but I never made it past the 2 hr mark. Gameplay was extremely lacking.

Going to assume you didn't play it on hard with the wall hack mode turned off like everyone and their mother suggested you do. TLOU is piss and pretty boring to play on normal with wall hacks.

Artex

Banned

The gameplay is what brings me back again and again. It's my favorite game of all time. Each encounter can be played differently each time. So good....but maybe not for you.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member

NO ONE said you had to like anything! You are free to hate on TLOU til the end of your days. But you should really learn how to accept that other people might feel differently than you instead of just acting as if their opinion is totally ridiculous.

If this game is the culmination of all things video games, then... I really don't know what to say to that. What a hilariously stupid and hyperbolic claim. How can a serious journalist or anyone period, say something so obviously ridiculous. For fucks sake. Sure it's a good game, but everyone acts like it sucked your dick and paid all your bills at the same time. No game is ever that good. The gushing and overall ass kissing for this game, especially on GAF, is nauseating. I will never get it. Give it a rest.

Yeah, Resident Evil 4 is, mate.

Hahhahahaha...

For those who can't/haven't watched... It's a 1:27 video. 1:13 seconds is slides of the awards that Last of Us for PS3 got. The final 14 seconds is a camera pulling back on a practically static single scene in the game.

Let's compare:

WvKf9BV.png

WHBiRS9.png

PS3
PS4

(PS4 clip taken from Nerfgun's post)

Nice. This is going to look glorious in full HD.

hohoXD123

Why do these look like drawings, I don't remember TLoU looking like this at all.

That state of the art youtube compression.

Going to assume you didn't play it on hard with the wall hack mode turned off like everyone and their mother suggested you do. TLOU is piss and pretty boring to play on normal with wall hacks.

This is how it should be played. Really wish that Survivor mode (or that new difficulty mode) is unlocked from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom