• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) First trailer up

Status
Not open for further replies.

orioto

Good Art™
And if they don't feel like that "effort" is worth the price of a full game, they can complain and vote with their wallet.

That's a problem cause gamers are indeed spoiled brats. Double dipping a game one year later seriously.. lol.. that's kinda luxurious to begin with..

The logic for a remake like that is to aim at new people, and no real reason to lower the price of the game as a new game.. It's not a 5-6 years old game.

Boards like neogaf create a distorted vision cause everyone buy so many games, and even some many times.. It's not the real world.

ND we need a better comparison plz. Like comparing all the major changes ie: character models side by side ps3 vs ps4 etc... that is what the fans want to see.

daveo42

Banned
Speaking with Sniper Wolf as she dies
in MGS1?
Swimming without your brother
in Brothers?
Growing old alongside the freed little sisters
in Bioshock? Anything? Honest curiosity.

I'd say the
death/burial scene
in Brothers is a big one. The other two not nearly as much. I'm just saying that the opening was an emotional punch to the gut. It hit really hard, more so than I was expecting.

There are other games that can evoke a strong emotional response, but this one in particular was devastating.

Wow. No.

I've yet to find a video game that stirs up emotions like that in me and I'm no 'macho' guy that never cries in movies or anything.

It was kind of meant as a joke, what with that bit about it the lack of a soul being scientifically proven.

Kiant

EZzPhoz.gif

Looks like I expected, better AA, texture improvements and the shadows are wayyyyy better.

Gestault

Man, it was so crazy when Ellie BECAME the Master Sword, the only weapon capable of destroying Mr Scratch. Volgin never saw that one coming, I tell you what.

red731

Well I know what I am playing again tonigt, but this was pretty underwhelming. Also why pick this scene?There are so many other calm scenes when playing.

"Fuck discourse, lets never challenge or question assertions." is what I got out of these posts.

I can't read is what I got out of your reply.

Simply put not everyone needs to explain their opinion on why they feel TLoU is a monument in gaming. Its simply not the right thread to put it bluntly. Look at the GOTY thread where people expressed their opinions in detail or lttp threads.

I have a growing concern that you can't handle the fact that someone adores a game you don't like. These things are subjective, the reasons are subjective as well so its not like you can prove to someone wrong on their opinion.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Nah, Sony is providing the weapons and ammunition with this trailer.

Isn't that the point? The game got over 200+ awards. People can hate all they want, but the critical acclaim says otherwise. If Sony wants to present that as a selling point, then they are well within their right to do so despite the whining from people about the game being "overrated".

styl3s

If you don't tear up during the opening, you have no soul. Scientific fact right there.
I didn't shed a single tear. Warning, spoiling the first scene and Telltales The Walking Dead S1
The game didn't give me enough time to become emotionally invested in either character to feel the pain. Simply killing off a kid isn't going to make me cry. People die every single day in the real world. Now, take TWD. I spent 10+ hours invested in both clem and lee and the moment you get bit and chop your arm off to go get her only to shoot lee. That? That's fucking heartbreaking. That is a tear shedding moment.

So it looks smoother now...I kinda like the old look better
Yeah, give me shittier and muddier/blurry textures and jaggies everywhere.

I fucking live for those jaggies.

dstarMDA

Oh Naughty Dog, come on, no 3D ? It was understandable on PS3 but on a much more powerful beast it's a crime not to be able to fully immerse in such a story.

Persona7

Banned
I "get" why they chose this more quiet scene, since it fits with the overall tone of the game.

With that said, they need to cater to the "casuals" who need to be convinced. There are more than enough brutal, action packed sequences to get some new people interested.

I thought that was why it is a third person shooter with zombies

terrible trailer though, seems they threw it together in a few minutes.

The leak obviously caught them with their pants down. The release materiel is pretty weak.

It is weird because this is coming out relatively soon.

MormaPope

Banned
I can't read is what I got out of your reply.

Simply put not everyone needs to explain their opinion on why they feel TLoU is a monument in gaming. Its simply not the right thread to put it bluntly. Look at the GOTY thread where people expressed their opinions in detail or lttp threads.

I have a growing concern that you can't handle the fact that someone adores a game you don't like. These things are subjective, the reasons are subjective as well so its not like you can prove to someone wrong on their opinion.

Thanks for your concern, but I think I'm doing just fine. If someone stated that Too Human made them feel something emotionally, that no other game made them feel as emotionally invested, they would laughed out of a thread in a instant. But if The Last of us is heralded as the one game that provides the greatest emotional resonance, that should be taken for granted just because? Backing up opinions is why any of us are on this forum most of the time, why not back opinions up? What is lost from discussing what makes some people emotional versus what doesn't?

Also, what is there to discuss about this trailer? The first minute is a gross amount of accolade display, so discussing The Last of us' emotional legacy seems legit, as much as that makes you flustered.

This moment is not a complete spoiler. You would have to know what happens before and after for it to have any real significance. In the context of the trailer, it is NOT a spoiler.

I doubt they will. They said they tried FXAA with Uncharted 3 and didn't use it because of the blur. I doubt they would use it for TLoU on PS4 if that's the case.

Let´s hope you are right. The pic - of course - is heavily compressed but i see some characteristics that could point to FXAA - unfortunately. FXAA instantly would kill my hype for this editition - it´s the worst post aa solution available, i just can`t stand the vaseline blurriness.

And CY already did it to Halo. But let´s hope for the best.

Elios83

Looking at the screens there are more improvements than it seemed. There are new textures (foliage, windows, notice baords), extra geometry, some kind of ambient occlusion.
It's just this teaser which does a terrible job....I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't planning to unveil it right now but they were forced by the Playstation Store leak.

shandy706

So it looks smoother now...I kinda like the old look better

I'm sure they're working hard on the IQ. I don't find TLOU all that impressive visually overall (great character models though), but it's nice for what the PS3 could do.

I'd like to play the PS4 version at some point.

Persona7

Banned
Looking at the screens there are more improvements than it seemed. There are new textures (foliage, windows, notice baords), extra geometry, some kind of ambient occlusion.
It's just this teaser which does a terrible job....I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't planning to unveil it right now but they were forced by the Playstation Store leak.

When did that playstation store leak happen?

I can't believe they spoiled that scene, it was such a great moment in the game. It looks good, but hopefully next time we'll get some proper non-spoilery footage.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I'm kinda.. Disappointed? I don't know what I expected, "remaster" and the fact that they're "targeting 60fps" made me think this would look vastly better than the original.

Will double dib anyway.

Doran902

I'm sure they're working hard on the IQ. I don't find TLOU all that impressive visually overall (great character models though), but it's nice for what the PS3 could do.

I'd like to play the PS4 version at some point.

I found the art direction and animations along with the cinematic camera stuff insanely impressive. It's a high bar technical achievement for ps3 for sure. Of course there are pc games that blow it out of the water in a shadows, aa, particles, lighting competition.

Thanks for your concern, but I think I'm doing just fine. If someone stated that Too Human made them feel something emotionally, that no other game made them feel as emotionally invested, they would laughed out of a thread in a instant. But if The Last of us is heralded as the one game that provides the greatest emotional resonance, that should be taken for granted just because? Backing up opinions is why any of us are on this forum most of the time, why not back opinions up? What is lost from discussing what makes some people emotional versus what doesn't?

Also, what is there to discuss about this trailer? The first minute is a gross amount of accolade display, so discussing The Last of us' emotional legacy seems legit, as much as that makes you flustered.

Is it really hard to understand that if someone expresses admiration for a game that has gotten poor critical reception, really bad player reviews and technical problems that more people are going to raise their eyebrows in contrast to a game that has won GOTY by a landslide on this very forum.

Tabasco

This is going to look great in 1080p/60fps.

I would say the scene portrayed in this video is semi-spoilers, so for anyone that absolutely hates any kind of spoilers shouldn't watch it.

Huggers

The Last of Us had my housemates (usually disinterested in games) absolutely glued to it. It got to a point where they were asking me to play it nightly so they could see what would happen. There were shocks, tears... They just nailed it completely with this game.

LiK

That's a problem cause gamers are indeed spoiled brats. Double dipping a game one year later seriously.. lol.. that's kinda luxurious to begin with..

The logic for a remake like that is to aim at new people, and no real reason to lower the price of the game as a new game.. It's not a 5-6 years old game.

Boards like neogaf create a distorted vision cause everyone buy so many games, and even some many times.. It's not the real world.

I'm real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom