• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Wii Games of 2008 Thread

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
BULLY-banner.jpg

WILL RELEASE ON MARCH 3RD 2008

Various sites are reporting that online retailers have this game on sale for March 3rd. OP updated appropriately, and always, subject to change.

edit:
i need a youtube or other link for the best trailer available. I will attach it to the banner in the OP when you post it.

Nice list. My buys:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl
The House of the Dead 2 and 3 (at $30 or lower)
Castle of Shikigami III (at $30 or lower)
Mario Kart Wii
Okami

I'm sure there will be a few more releases in store. It will give me an opportunity to get some of the quality past releases like MP3, TP, and Fire Emblem.

Dascu

Great thread Panther.

If you don't mind, I made a little banner for another killer 2008 Wii title. Feel free to add it to your list.

targetshit.png

What??!! HOD2 and 3??!!

I had no clue!!!!

EDIT:

I have never even heard of those January releases. Which ones are looking to be awesome?

marc^o^ said:
Nintendogs is one of the biggest franchise of these last years. It was first meant to be a GameCube title. We've seen a glimpse of what it would look like in Smash Bros' trailer. Wiimote is perfectly suited to interact with such a game. I see no better title Nintendo could rely on to safely get into next Christmas.

iwata said that they wont take the easy way when he was asked about a NSMB sequel. He said that they wanted to surprise players so they wont do that kind of stuff

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Lobster said:

Uh...I'm looking for the BULLY SCHOLARSHIP EDITION (Wii) to link. The one you've linked was posted in 2006!

ksamedi said:
Here is the Youtube link to the official PES trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR3CIvnlR_E

Thanks -- but that's in Japanese, has shitty music, and isn't as good or revealing as the video I now have linked. It's an awesome video that shows (in engles!) exactly how the controls work, with a nice little bubble showing the gamer's hands as the action happens. I highly recommend it.

Gamecocks625 said:
Oh heck ya!!

NCAA Football 09 for the Wii. Somebody make a banner, quick!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=230244

I promise you, this game will make this list...but not without an official box art or release date. Will add soon.

Made a banner for what I'm most hoping to come out in 08:

fatalframeiV.jpg

As far as I know we have barely any info on this game and zero screens so I could only crop some of the third's box art. Turned out pretty nice if you ask me.

Bishman

kiruyama said:

fatalframeiV.jpg

As far as I know we have barely any info on this game and zero screens so I could only crop some of the third's box art. Turned out pretty nice if you ask me.
LOL I thought I was the only one excited for FFIV.

Lobster

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Uh...I'm looking for the BULLY SCHOLARSHIP EDITION (Wii) to link. The one you've linked was posted in 2006!

Oh right..Judging from the new Wii edition pics though, the games look almost the same.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Bishman said:
No More Heroes comes out in January now.

Updating now. Here's the thread explaining the news:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224416

kiruyama said:

fatalframeiV.jpg

Holy shit that's a sweet banner! I might put it in the "someday" pile.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
said:
JANUARY 2008
CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR THE YOUTUBE TRAILER

Code:
01/08/08	[B]Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law[/B]   		Capcom   
01/08/08	Kidz Sports Ice Hockey 				Bold Games (Destineer) 
01/08/08	Kidz Sports International Soccer 		Destineer 
01/08/08	Luxor: Pharaoh's Challenge 			Mumbo Jumbo 
01/08/08	[B]Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity[/B] 			SEGA 
01/15/08	CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: Hard Evidence 	Ubisoft 
01/15/08	Furu Furu Park 					Majesco 
01/15/08	Nitrobike 					Ubisoft 
01/15/08	[B]Samurai Warriors Katana[/B] 			KOEI 
01/18/08	London Taxi: RusHour 				Bold Games (Destineer) 
01/18/08	MX Vs. ATV Untamed 				THQ 
01/21/08	[B]Endless Ocean[/B] 					Nintendo 
01/22/08	Kawasaki Jet Ski 				Bold Games (Destineer) 
01/22/08	[B]One Piece: Unlimited Adventure[/B] 			Namco Bandai 
01/22/08	[B]No More Heroes[/B]
01/29/08	Bomberman Land 					Hudson Soft

Consider this your *updated* January release post. Enjoy!

*updated: moved NMH to January.

No More Heroes and Endless Ocean for me this month.

Also interested in how Nitro Bike turns out, but to be honest Im not getting my hopes up.

alex1893

PantherLotus said:
*updated: moved NMH to January.
I guess this is for US only? checked amazon.co.uk, .fr and .de, it's still listed for end of february. Censored or not doesn't bother me that much, but it wouldn't be nice if it's late :(

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
alex1893 said:
I guess this is for US only? checked amazon.co.uk, .fr and .de, it's still listed for end of february. Censored or not doesn't bother me that much, but it wouldn't be nice if it's late :(

All dates and all threads in GAF are US-only unless otherwise specified.*

*as noted in BRIGHT RED BOLD TEXT in the OP*

Shiggy

PantherLotus said:
::scratches kirby off the list::

:(

Why did you do that??
On a side note, we should expect one or two titles developed by Kuju London. Though that might also happen in 2009 or later.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Shiggy said:
Why did you do that??
On a side note, we should expect one or two titles developed by Kuju London. Though that might also happen in 2009 or later.

Kirby was officially denied to be in development, as in, not your usual "we aren't making this game but WINK and we can't say anything about it WINK," but more like, "that shit ain't happenin bitches."

On a side note, should I know who Kuju London is?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
PantherLotus said:
On a side note, should I know who Kuju London is?

Battalion Wars 1/2, Geometry Wars Galaxies. There's also Kuju Brighton / Zoe Mode which did CRUSH for SEGA, SingStar, and other games. They have other studios but they either don't yet have big releases or develop kids/mobile games and aren't really worth remembering.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
PantherLotus said:

Can anybody tell me whether I'm an idiot and this is another piece of SEGA trash, or am I only slightly delusional and this looks like an above average space racer?
The first one sucked, but if they asked Amusement Visions for help it could be great, so who knows...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yoshi said:
The first one sucked, but if they asked Amusement Visions for help it could be great, so who knows...
it might just be that sweet as box art that is making me want to play it. interesting.

wsippel

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Battalion Wars 1/2, Geometry Wars Galaxies. There's also Kuju Brighton / Zoe Mode which did CRUSH for SEGA, SingStar, and other games. They have other studios but they either don't yet have big releases or develop kids/mobile games and aren't really worth remembering.
Wasn't Kuju Sheffield, recently renamed to Chemistry, responisble for Geometry Wars Galaxies? At least that's what Sierra says. The team behind Galaxies is now at doublesix, Kujus studio for downloadable content. Kuju London only develops games for Nintendo as far as I remember.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
kiruyama said:
Had some free time and had nothing better to do so I made another:

oboromuramusaready.jpg

Trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25486.html

Also, what changes are supposed to be made for the Wii version of Baroque? I know theres some waggle and a first person mode but is that it?

That's excellent! The only thing I will change when the date is announced is the size of the title, as that artwork isn't recognizable enough to stand on its own just yet. This definitely is one of my most-anticipated titles of the year.

Baroque details: Wii specific details unknown at this point.

God damn that's a really slick first post.

But uh, wow that Katana game looks like ASS. And the Nitrobike game looks like balls too. Thank god Smash Bros is coming out

Also is there a trailer for MH3 at all that you could link too? I'm really looking forward to that.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
flarkminator said:
God damn that's a really slick first post.

But uh, wow that Katana game looks like ASS. And the Nitrobike game looks like balls too. Thank god Smash Bros is coming out

Also is there a trailer for MH3 at all that you could link too? I'm really looking forward to that.

Linked:

And I kinda agree about Katana looking like butt, no question that Nitrobutt looks bad visually. However, watching those previews really makes them look like fun.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
wsippel said:
Wasn't Kuju Sheffield, recently renamed to Chemistry, responisble for Geometry Wars Galaxies? At least that's what Sierra says. The team behind Galaxies is now at doublesix, Kujus studio for downloadable content. Kuju London only develops games for Nintendo as far as I remember.

Yeah, you're actually right. Sheffield did do GWG. My bad.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
evilromero said:
Ah, what happened to you Wii Motorsport?

Last I heard, rumor was it was going to be a DLC/Wiiware title (the videogame version of Direct-to-DVD releases!). Same for Wii Music.

Jiggy

PantherLotus said:
Last I heard, rumor was it was going to be a DLC/Wiiware title (the videogame version of Direct-to-DVD releases!). Same for Wii Music.
That'd be great for two reasons: it would almost guarantee a cheaper price, and it would help promote people looking at Wii Ware games seriously (and, more broadly, just getting online and looking at the Shop Channel in the first place). I hope these rumors are true.

Dirtbag

God damn there are some hideous looking wii games coming out. Some of these 3rd party efforts are shameful.
My inner graphics whore is showing, don't have much positive to say. I'm leaving now.

Never got around to Okami, will have to pick that one up though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Tenbatsu said:
Is Rygar: The Battle of Argus coming out this month?

If by "this month" you mean "sometime this spring, like around May," then yes.

Dirtbag 504 said:
God damn there are some hideous looking wii games coming out. Some of these 3rd party efforts are shameful.
My inner graphics whore is showing, don't have much positive to say. I'm leaving now.

Never got around to Okami, will have to pick that one up though.

I would like to commend you for your stirring addition by subtraction to this thread. I can't imagine a more generic and blanket analysis of the release list. In fact, your kind of posts are the reason I made this thread: to give Wii owners hope, to show what lies ahead, and to prevent such stupid comments (like yours) in the future. If you have more to add, be fucking specific. "Some hideous looking [games]," "Some...3rd party efforts," etc. Which ones? The ones profiled here? The ones in the OP? Or are you just poorly attempting a troll in the nearest Wii thread you can find? You're gonna have to try a little harder. Anybody that read the OP and still posted the trash you just did needs to get a pulse check.

radiuhm said:
Great thread, really hope NMH lives up to the hype, either way Brawl will keep me busy for months.

Uh...what hype? I mean, NMH certainly has a lot of neoGaf hype, but that doesn't mean much. Little to no advertising, little to zero exposure, and middling to average reviews means you should check your hype gage. I hope it is good too and will definitely give it a swing, but I think by "living up to the hype," you mean "living up to my own unrealistic expectations." I did the same thing to myself for SPM and got burned. Just tryin to watch out for you.

And yeah. Brawl will be that singular title that dominates this platform for a long time to come.

/snarky response x3

ziran

Great thread, thanks!

And, I agree with marc^o^, I think Nintendogs/pets would be a perfect (and amazing) title for Wii given how great Nintendogs was/sold.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
PantherLotus said:
Linked:

And I kinda agree about Katana looking like butt, no question that Nitrobutt looks bad visually. However, watching those previews really makes them look like fun.

Are we expecting Monster Hunter 3 to be a was-in-development for PS2 but switched-over-to-Wii-based-on-sales-numbers kind of game, or will it truly be ground-up-loveproject-2nd-gen-a-la-Mario-type development? Will it be impressive or a quick cashin, untill the next million selling portable version comes out?

It has the potential to be exciting, at any rate.

Oh yea and...
BUY NO MORE HEROES.

twice.

Top Bottom