• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Simpsons 600 Marathon |OT| | Starting Thursday at Noon EST / 9am PST on FXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Official Marathon Twitter Account - @EverySimpsons
Official Marathon Twitter Hashtag - #TheSimpsons600
The OT from the 2014 Simpsons Marathon on FXX - featuring just shy of 8,400 replies
FXX Promo - Let the Binge Begin!

15203217_1803856609896193_3156583295732173506_n.jpg
Simpsons_FamilyPicture.png

Seasons 27 & 28 - Tuesday at 11:00am

Recommended Episodes from Seasons 27 & 28

12:00pm Puffless - J. Stewart Burns
Upon learning that their father really died of lung cancer, Selma and Patty agree to quit smoking. When Selma relapses, an angry Patty moves in with Marge and Homer.
12:30pm Halloween of Horror - Carolyn Omine
Angry Halloween decoration salesmen invade the Simpson household after Homer takes down his Everscream Terrors decorations to avoid scaring Lisa.

Halloween%20of%20Horror.gif

2:30pm Paths of Glory - Michael Ferris
Lisa tries to better the reputation of Springfield's first female inventor by searching an asylum for her first invention. While in the asylum, she and Bart find a sociopath's notebook, causing Bart to take the notebook home and pretend to be the sociopath that wrote it.
3:00pm Barthood - Dan Greaney
The story of Bart's life from 6 years old to his time as a young man reveals that Lisa's achievements and his relationship with Homer have shaped him more than he realized.
6:30pm The Marge-ian Chronicles - Brian Kelley
Lisa volunteers for a future one-way journey to Mars, much to Marge's chagrin. As she searches for a way to convince Lisa not to go, Marge hits upon the most devious strategy of all, and volunteers to go along for the ride. Will the Simpsons girls be mankind's first residents of the Red Planet?
8:00pm Fland Canyon - J. Stewart Burns
Homer recalls a tense family vacation to the Grand Canyon with the Flanders family. At first, the Flanders’ perfection puts the families at odds, but when they get stranded and Ned and Homer go for help, the families finally bond.
10:30pm Friends and Family - J. Stewart Burns
Mr. Burns hires the Simpsons to play his live-in virtual reality family, but excludes Homer so that he may play dad. Now alone, Homer finds a new best friend in girl-next-door Julia, who eats, drinks and thinks like him.
11:00pm The Town - Dave King
After Homer catches Bart rooting for Springfield's football rival, the Boston Americans, he plans a family "hate-cation" trip to Boston in an attempt to show Bart that Boston is a terrible city.

55740-the-simpsons-bart-gif.gif

Dishwalla

Banned
Won't be watching this too much I'm afraid, got a lot going on the next several days.

Plus football takes a priority over The Simpsons.

UberTag

Wish we could watch this up in Canadia.
We can't marathon it from FXX directly but we can watch episodes we own in tandem with everyone south of the border and share in the experience.

No need to suffer through commercials that way, either.

I'm in...again lol. Doesn't get old, and I just rewatched classic era 1.5x over recently. Always fun to join in with Gaf.

Recently listened to the commentary tracks that Conan did, if anyone has FXX in their cable package highly recommend going to simpsonsworld.com and giving them a listen, easily some of the funniest. The ones he's on are:

Season 4:

New Kid on the Block
Marge vs. the Monorail

Season 5:

Homer Goes to College
Treehouse of Horror IV
Bart Gets Famous

Maximo

Would suggest if your a lover of Simpsons to listen to the Podcast Talking Simpsons, they go through all the Simpsons Episodes really awesome podcast, made me appreciate how good the simpsons was.

Toad.T

Banned
I'll join in when I can. Working hard these next few days, so I may not be around for the best episodes.

Maybe this will reinvigorate the community thread? I'm going to be posting summary reviews of all the christmas episodes soon, BTW.

UberTag

I'll join in when I can. Working hard these next few days, so I may not be around for the best episodes.

Maybe this will reinvigorate the community thread? I'm going to be posting summary reviews of all the christmas episodes soon, BTW.
I thoroughly enjoyed your Treehouse of Horror retrospective.

Looking forward to your Christmas ep reviews... most notably your appraisal of the two HD era episodes that are actually decent.
Feel free to eviscerate the 2 (soon to be 3) that aren't.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I AM SO EXCITED

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well I be around for the first couple days worth of episodes at least.

Edit: For PS Vue users that have the Simpsons added to their DVR list this will basically give you the entire shows collection if you didn't already have it.

Bart gets an F will give me so many feels when it airs , I'll probably skip that one
I remember all the best episodes played at 12-7 am everyday lol . Rigged

Early seasons made Barney the best character, all hail Barney 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom