• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Week's Famitsu: More Games We Won't Play (Shining Blade + FF Type 0 Review)

creamsugar said:
Code of Princess figure
http://www.empty.co.jp/products_cop_01.html

Character
T33pQ.jpg

They literally gave her as little clothes as they could manage.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Shining Blade scans are out. Seems that article that Aeana posted from Andriasang with the leaked concept doc pics was legit ;)

Instro

Just saw the God of Princess scans, that's some nice looking sidescroller action right there. Kinu Nishimura knows how to do character art thats for sure.

Erethian

Instro said:
Just saw the God of Princess scans, that's some nice looking sidescroller action right there. Kinu Nishimura knows how to do character art thats for sure.

Seems the game is actually based on a fantasy world Kinu Nishimura created previously, though I'm not sure what she did it for originally.

Code of Princess actually isn't a totally original game. It's based off the Code of Princess fantasy world created by Kinu Nishimura, who's listed in Famitsu's information box as the game's character and world designer.

http://andriasang.com/comynq/

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Suikoden Centennial Tapestry info for the J literate XD

PSP 《幻想水滸伝 交织的百年时光》
・主角和迷之少年ゼフォン一起穿越到100年前
・无线LAN对应
・角色
主人公 (CV:神谷浩史)
ジーノ (CV:福山潤)
ミュラ (CV:井上麻里奈)
ゼフォン (CV:梶裕貴)
デュ-カス (CV:小西克幸)

Xelinis

Some badly translated Suikoden info.

○プレ人数:1人 / 無線LAN対応
○ 100年に一度現れて全てを喰らう「百年目の怪物」に挑む若者の物語。
主人公は謎の少年ゼフォンに100年前に飛ばされてしまう。
○キャラクター情報 ・「主人公(声:神谷浩史)」
テルベの里の剣士。 父親とは幼少時に死別。 母シグニイも数年前に聖皇国軍との衝突で戦死した。
・「ジーノ(声:福山潤)」
テルベの里の魔石職人。 ミュラの弟で主人公の幼なじみ。 お調子者のため、よくミュラに叱られる。
・「ミュラ(声:井上麻里奈)」
テルベの里の魔術師。 ジーノの姉。 主人公が両親を亡くした後、実の姉弟のように付き合ってきた。
・「ゼフォン(声:梶裕貴)」
砦の遺跡に逃げ込んだ主人公の前に現れ、時代跳躍の力を用いて彼らを100年前へ導いた謎の少年。
・「デュ-カス(声:小西克幸)」
アイオニア聖皇国軍第4師団先遣隊の隊長を務める。 テルベの里を服従させるため、派遣される。

○ Number of Pre: wireless LAN / person
All eat once a year appears ○ 100 "monster eye hundred years," the story of young people to challenge.
The hero would have flown 100 years ago, a mysterious boy Zefon.
○ Information Character "hero (voiced by: Hiroshi Kamiya)"
Village of Terube swordsman. Father and child at the time of bereavement. Were killed in clashes with troops in the duchy of St. Shigunii mother several years ago.
- "Gino (Voice: Jun Fukuyama)"
Magic stone craftsmen of the village of Terube. Hero's childhood friend's brother Murat. The tone for your well-being scolded stimulus.
- "Myra (voice: Marina Inoue)"
Village of Terube magician. Gino's sister. After the hero has lost his parents, brother and sister who like real dating.
- "Zefon (voiced by: Yuki Kaji)"
Appeared before the hero fled the ruins of a fort, a mysterious boy 100 years ago that led to them jumping using the power of the era.
- "Du - Kas (voice: Katsuyuki Konishi)"
Serve as captain of the 4th Infantry Division troops advance team of St. Aionia Duchy. Because the village of Terube obedience is dispatched.

Takao said:
[3DS] Code of Princess (Agashima Entertainment)
  • 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors illustrator Kinu Nishimura lends a hand
    [*]The game uses a parallel line system like action games of old, requiring that you jump in and out of the background as you fight.
    [*]Up to four players can play together, cooperatively and competitively.
  • Spring 2012

I want this game so hard. It looks amazing.

Unfortunately I'm turned off by 3DS region locking bullcrap.

Dear Nintendo, stop sucking plz!

Code of Princess looks really nice. It looks like an oldschool 2D beat 'em up. I don't know if it is though. People are saying side-scrolling action game.

Wow @ Kirby score. Still aint buying it though.

wsippel

Banned
Busaiku said:
Why are all the characters but that Jester nekkid in Code of Princess.
Kinu Nishimura loves to draw scantily clad, sexy girls. And contrary to what Anoop wrote, Nishimura is actually a woman by the way, so I guess that makes it OK.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Centennial Tapestry scan is out. Character designs look alright. Seem to follow in the footsteps of Tierkreis, which probably means that Masaki Hirooka is probably on-board? The Hero looks a lot like Flik, but it's because of the bandana and the blue.

Andriasang details:

The new PSP Suikoden game was one of Konami's big surprise announcements from Tokyo Game Show, but the announcement came without details. Famitsu has a few bits this week.

Fully Genso Suikoden Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki, this new entry in Konami's RPG franchise tells the story a group of characters who rise up to defeat a beast that appears every 100 years and destroys everything. The main character is apparently sent 100 years back into the past by a mysterious girl named Zephon.

Characters introduced in the magazine include: the main character (voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya), Jino (Jun Fukuyama), Myura (Marina Inoue), Zephon (Yuuki Kaji) and Ducasse (Katsuyuki Konishi)

Famitsu's first look at Suikoden appears to be low on details, as the magazine does not show battle or field sequences.

We'll hopefully get additional details later in the day. Until then, take another look at the Tokyo Game Show teaser.
TIME TRAVEL.

pirata

The Take Out Bandit said:
Because that's what sexy women look like.

Really? I mean, I'm gay, so maybe I should just take your word for it. If so, this girl I worked with last year must have been incredibly "sexy," since her hips were at least two or three times wider than her waste. It was like her ass was trying to explode out of her jeans.

Also, I don't know very much the Suidoden series, but I take it that "Tierkreis" is a subtitle of one of the games. Why on earth would they name the game "circle of animals" in German? Do some animals all get together to form a circle? Is there a circular zoo?

Aeana

Shining Blade is definitely the same as the leaked stuff from before. Cool, a Shining Game with an evolution of the Valkyria combat system is pretty exciting.

pirata said:
Really? I mean, I'm gay, so maybe I should just take your word for it. If so, this girl I worked with last year must have been incredibly "sexy," since her hips were at least two or three times wider than her waste. It was like her ass was trying to explode out of her jeans.

It's a commonly accentuated secondary sexual trait mature women exhibit post puberty.

288o13l.jpg

Recently pre-pubescent sexuality has been all the rage in Japanese female character design in most games; but this is a more traditional heavy bosom, flared waist model of a sexy woman.

Also, pics? :D

Yeesh. Made the mistake of looking at the 3DS's upcoming library for NA. Looks like all of the games with any appeal are staying in Japan.

This handheld generation is going to suck so bad.

Aeana

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Yeesh. Made the mistake of looking at the 3DS's upcoming library for NA.

This handheld generation is going to suck so bad.
At least we get an Ys 4 remake.

wsippel

Banned
pirata said:
Also, I don't know very much the Suidoden series, but I take it that "Tierkreis" is a subtitle of one of the games. Why on earth would they name the game "circle of animals" in German? Do some animals all get together to form a circle? Is there a circular zoo?
"Tierkreis" means "zodiac".

Glass Rebel

This all looks really weird to me. I'd feel uncomfortable playing the 3DS games.

pirata said:

Eww.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Why -1 for type-0? What's their complaint?

NichM

Banned
Andriasang said:
this new entry in Konami's RPG franchise tells the story a group of characters who rise up to defeat a beast that appears every 100 years and destroys everything.

I know it's just a fantasy video game, but the 100-year timeframe here is really annoyingly implausible. If it were 10,000 years for civilization to restart, maybe, but 100 years is about three generations. Not nearly enough time to build up anything worth destroying again!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Erethian said:
Doing some searching, Agashima Entertainment has been making Anpanman videogames forever.

So, basically, when they saw 3DS, they thought " FU*K ANPANMAN, WE'LL GO HARDCORE ON THIS S*IT!!!"...or what? XD

Erethian

Mpl90 said:
So, basically, when they saw 3DS, they thought " FU*K ANPANMAN, WE'LL GO HARDCORE ON THIS S*IT!!!"...or what? XD

Possibly! I'm not exactly clear on whether they're a publisher, or they develop their own games too.

Some of their Anpanman games are in the Garaph database, albeit under a different name.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Code of Princess sounds like Guardian Heroes. Jumping in and out of different parallel lines wasn't actually common as the OP quote implies, was it? Before Guardian Heroes I had only seen pure side scrolling without different planes or complete free 8 way movement. It felt pretty unique to me.
Nuclear Muffin said:
Yep, Code of Princess looks like Gunstar Heroes alright.
Wait, it's a shooter? Did all those sites get confused or what?

wsippel

Banned
Erethian said:
Doing some searching, Agashima Entertainment has been making Anpanman videogames forever.
It's far easier to do research if you know the actual company name: Agatsuma Entertainment. Easy mistake to make, "shi" (シ) und "tsu" (ツ) look quite similar. But yes, they usually do educational games aimed at little children, but I guess there's no market for such titles on 3DS, so they're branching out. They also work with Ubisoft, THQ and Empire, so a localization might not be out of the question.

Top Bottom