• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This Week's Famitsu: More Games We Won't Play (Shining Blade + FF Type 0 Review)

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Might have to import Shining Blade if the soundtrack holds up, I love me some Kikuta...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201110/20052169.html

s111_gMdGD2S16tgvOZENwBS8M72MH2rF831M.jpg

s202_ZC36GVv7GWRqPeq6lRU496GobhZQjXCp.jpg

s212_RuR7H44xriLSzk5V5c8V8268719RG1YV.jpg

s113_Zd8fEAy1g34z71E9446gN3jvl7TWtKAa.jpg

s204_mLypKD29ZCW6N6v33U3eF9jHpgqL28G3.jpg

s214_lRfkvR34lQ8XTt5SOiVFqUB6f89AHZPR.jpg

Our first look at Code of Princess comes, as usual, from Famitsu.com. The site has posted a handful of images coinciding with the debut article that appeared in this week's issue of Weekly Famitsu.

As detailed earlier in the day, Code of Princess is a side scrolling 3DS action game where you jump between parallel lines of play ala Guardian Heroes. You can select from multiple characters and play with or against multiple players.

Wilsongt

Quixzlizx said:
Sega stopped localizing Shining games just as Tony Taka started working on them. Is there anything they can't screw up?

We got Shining Tears, but every review outlet and their mother shit on the game for no good reason. It was essentially Shining Soul III with voice acting and some technical issues such as slowdown. It was actually a decent game.

Other than that, it's amazing to me how a lot of this revival of the Shining series was fueled a lot in part by the series' non-Japanese fan base, yet it is the not Japanese fan base that is currently being shat on in terms of localizations of the games.

Oh the ironing, Sega.

Rarutos

Indeed, very sad we'll probably not get Shining Blade since it's apparently going to use a system similar to Sakura Wars and Valkyria Chronicles. :(

I was also very sad we didn't get Shining Hearts, it looked pretty good! I'll import it someday...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
_dementia said:
Gunstar Heroes or Guardian Heroes?
Yeah, it's definitely Guardian Heroes, not Gunstar Heroes.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Those Code of Princess screens make it look like a cheap knock off of GH, kinda disappointed... Maybe it's better in motion...

More Dragon Quest X screenshots. It looks great. Vast areas like Xenoblade's (sans the dense grass but oh well, there are still less or more trees, bushes and other stuff that spice it up depending on the area). And thankfully most of these shots have some kind of architecture off in the distance or closer, be it a fancy wall, a single building or a whole city, rather than just a plain field as in previous media. You can also see the visible on the field enemies in some of them. The lighting seems off though.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201110/20051836.html

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is there going to be a Senritsu No Stratus OT? I'm curious if anyone else is picking it up besides me.

hey guys, is Japan big on browser games? Like the kind on osg1? I never seen any news of the sort. I just know Famitsu covers a bunch of stuff, mostly console and handheld, but never see any browser games. I don't know if there are any coverage sites/mags for browser stuff, as far as I can remember.

also can't believe that new 3DS game name... yeesh

Top Bottom