• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu thread of more Miles Edgeworth and MOAR Gundam

Mojojo said:
Is it the first pokemon to get perfect score?

Not sure

Diamond and pearl got 35, platinum got 36 and HG and soul silver got 37, apparently they said it adds a lot of new stuff to the pokemon experience.

Haven't preordered my copy yet but will do so in the next day or 2

louie

duckroll said:
I can't wait to see how DoA fans (are there any left?) react to Hayashi the Ninja Dog raping another beloved franchise. :lol

Yes :(

So far his contribution seems be to adding hit sparks to moves.

Bebpo

Banned
Xater said:
And for people like me who still kinda care, there also was a a Front Mission Evolved review:

Front Mission Evolved (PS3/X360): 8, 7, 8, 7

Dengeki:

Front Mission Evolved (PS3): 85, 80, 80, 85

Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/07/flying_get/

Maybe the games ends up being decent after all?

I don't expect it to be absolutely terrible. Silent Hill 5 wasn't a shit game. It was just an average unremarkable game. Wouldn't be surprised if Front Mission turns out as an average 7-8/10 mech game.

At least it scored better than ACE:R did in Dengeki.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Need more info on Gyakuten Kenji 2!!!!

Day 1, I loved the game (even the final boss was great, even it was a little tedious).

Pureauthor said:
Scans indicate that she is indeed in.

F-Yeah, Kay Faraday is the best sidekick!!! :D

Bebpo said:
G Gundam has sooooo many units that would work perfectly in a musou game. Heck, you could have an entire musou game of nothing but G Gundam mechs and it'd be a full roster.

At least we need Maxter, Rose, Dragon, and Bolt, though I'll be happy if the Nether Gundam makes it in somehow. My favorite ridiculous Gundam design ever :lol

hamchan

Tenbatsu said:
What is Planetarium?

Planetarian?

It's a visual novel developed by Key. No H scenes or anything. I think it's pretty decent.

EDIT: Though if the game is called Planetarium it's probably something else entirely. I think I got confuzzled.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah you'd think they'd do Hokuto 2 or something.

Then again everyone and their father hated HnK 2.

duckroll

wizword said:
dynasty warriors gundam is the worst selling dynasty game. Surprised it is getting another sequel.

Huh? Both Gundam Musou games sold almost 600k combined.

Gundam Musou PS3 - 312k
Gundam Musou PS2 - 277k
Gundam Musou 360 - 18k

Gundam Musou 2 PS3 - 313k
Gundam Musou 2 PS2 - 233k
Gundam Musou 2 360 - 34k

Sengoku Musou 3 Wii - 270k

Hokuto Musou PS3 - 544k
Hokuto Musou 360 - 39k

I should also note that Gundam Musou is published by Bandai Namco Games, not Koei, so there would be no real comparison with how well it does in relation to other Musou games, only how well it does in itself. 600k is a lot more than pretty much any other Bandai Namco game release these days, so it's not surprising at all that they'll want to continue making the games.

For a frame of reference: In the past few years, the only other franchise Bandai Namco Games has which sold more than the Gundam Musou games, is the Taiko series.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Combined yes, but as alone HnK outshone them. But you have a point - it's not Koei manning it.

Ahh Taiko, poor man's Pop-n-Music.

December release date for Gundam Musou 3? That would make sense seeing how Gundam Musou 2 was announced in September 2008 and released December 2008.

Bebpo

Banned
duckroll said:
Huh? Both Gundam Musou games sold almost 600k combined.

Gundam Musou PS3 - 312k
Gundam Musou PS2 - 277k
Gundam Musou 360 - 18k

Gundam Musou 2 PS3 - 313k
Gundam Musou 2 PS2 - 233k
Gundam Musou 2 360 - 34k

Sengoku Musou 3 Wii - 270k

Hokuto Musou PS3 - 544k
Hokuto Musou 360 - 39k

I should also note that Gundam Musou is published by Bandai Namco Games, not Koei, so there would be no real comparison with how well it does in relation to other Musou games, only how well it does in itself. 600k is a lot more than pretty much any other Bandai Namco game release these days, so it's not surprising at all that they'll want to continue making the games.

For a frame of reference: In the past few years, the only other franchise Bandai Namco Games has which sold more than the Gundam Musou games, is the Taiko series.

So if there's no PS2 version this time, is the PS3 going to do 500k+?

Suzuki Yu

297_b.jpg

http://ryu-ga-gotoku.com/newproject/

Beth Cyra

Bebpo said:
So if there's no PS2 version this time, is the PS3 going to do 500k+?

Wouldn't this be like asking if they didn't release Barsa for Wii it woud of sold all those copies on PS3?

I mean sure there will be some crossover, but I really doubt the bulk of those buyers bought it on PS2 if they had access to PS3 considering it looked better and had more options.

That is unless there was a big mark up on the PS3 version compared to the PS2 then I could see it.

duckroll

TruePrime said:
I mean sure there will be some crossover, but I really doubt the bulk of those buyers bought it on PS2 if they had access to PS3 considering it looked better and had more options.

That is unless there was a big mark up on the PS3 version compared to the PS2 then I could see it.

Well, a few things to note in this particular scenario:

Gundam Musou 1 came out on PS2 a year after the PS3 version (PS3 = March 2007, PS2 = Feb 2008) and actually had more features and stuff. The PS3 market two years ago was also not as healthy as it is today, so I would imagine most of those users didn't have a PS3 at the time, yes.

Gundam Musou 2 came out in Dec 2008 (the same year as GM1 PS2) on all 3 platforms at the same time. It can be reasoned that most of the people who bought GM2 on PS2 are the same people who bought GM1 on the PS2 in the same year. It was 10 bucks cheaper than the PS3 version, but I doubt that was the main reason it sold well on the PS2 too. Most of these users probably still didn't have a PS3, as it was only 10 months later.

Gundam Musou 3 is coming out some time between Dec 2010 and March 2011. This is a good 2 years after GM2. Do the majority of PS2 users who bought GM1 and GM2 have a PS3 by now? We don't know. Will there almost certainly be a percentage of them who have moved to PS3 by now given the release of the Slim, FFXIII, and various other PS3 franchises doing much better now? Yes, without a doubt. Do the people who bought GM2 even want to get a GM3? Also unknown at this point.

That's basically how I see it. There could be a LOT more crossover this time, and a comparison with Sengoku Basara 3 is not quite valid, since the Wii and PS3 are both existing systems competing now, while PS2 users from 2 years ago could well have upgraded to a PS3 by now.

Beth Cyra

duckroll said:
Well, a few things to note in this particular scenario:

Gundam Musou 1 came out on PS2 a year after the PS3 version (PS3 = March 2007, PS2 = Feb 2008) and actually had more features and stuff. The PS3 market two years ago was also not as healthy as it is today, so I would imagine most of those users didn't have a PS3 at the time, yes.

Gundam Musou 2 came out in Dec 2008 (the same year as GM1 PS2) on all 3 platforms at the same time. It can be reasoned that most of the people who bought GM2 on PS2 are the same people who bought GM1 on the PS2 in the same year. It was 10 bucks cheaper than the PS3 version, but I doubt that was the main reason it sold well on the PS2 too. Most of these users probably still didn't have a PS3, as it was only 10 months later.

Gundam Musou 3 is coming out some time between Dec 2010 and March 2011. This is a good 2 years after GM2. Do the majority of PS2 users who bought GM1 and GM2 have a PS3 by now? We don't know. Will there almost certainly be a percentage of them who have moved to PS3 by now given the release of the Slim, FFXIII, and various other PS3 franchises doing much better now? Yes, without a doubt. Do the people who bought GM2 even want to get a GM3? Also unknown at this point.

That's basically how I see it. There could be a LOT more crossover this time, and a comparison with Sengoku Basara 3 is not quite valid, since the Wii and PS3 are both existing systems competing now, while PS2 users from 2 years ago could well have upgraded to a PS3 by now.

Fair enough.

duckroll

jiggle said:
Disgaea 4 HAS to be in next weeks' issue right?

Nippon Ichi games traditionally aren't revealed in Famitsu. Dengeki generally has the scoops for those. The next Dengeki Playstation isn't out until the end of the month, so it'll probably be revealed at TGS before any magazine coverage.

Gundam Musou 3... I am so happy. I've put over 100 hours into Gundam Musou 2 and it's like the only game I still regularly play on any console other than MLB 10 The Show and SSF4.

Guess I'll import the PS3 version of Gundam Musou 3 and then get the NA 360 version whenever that comes out, just because I'm that impatient.

MidnightScott said:
I was hoping for another Ace Attorney game yay. But when will Phoenix return to the courtroom?

However I am still happy. I guess this is just for the DS? Sounds like 3DS might not be here for a while after all. Could you imagine 3D crime scenes for Edgeworth 2 or 3? :D

I really need to buy the Miles Edgeworth book of the manga. I have the Phoenix Wright book.

I enjoyed the first manga book, but the Edgeworth one is... disturbing. It's like it was made by some rabid "Phoenix x Edgeworth" mentalists on Deviantart. You can just tell some of the artists had to really struggle to resist having them jump each other.

Beth Cyra

Ben2749 said:
I enjoyed the first manga book, but the Edgeworth one is... disturbing. It's like it was made by some rabid "Phoenix x Edgeworth" mentalists on Deviantart. You can just tell some of the artists had to really struggle to resist having them jump each other.
Really? I haven't checked out the mangas.

Was is told well at least even though the PWXME stuff felt out of place?

jiggle

duckroll said:
Nippon Ichi games traditionally aren't revealed in Famitsu. Dengeki generally has the scoops for those. The next Dengeki Playstation isn't out until the end of the month, so it'll probably be revealed at TGS before any magazine coverage.

not a peep from anything so far
delayed?

Top Bottom