• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THURSDAYTON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgkspsx

Hey, I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait for the incredible surprises Nintendo will unleash tomorrow!

I mean, those lazy bums at 1up have to write up Nintendo Tetris and Metroid Dread at some point, don't they?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
haha

I can see it right now, there will be another huge thread about this with everybody drooling about the possibilities, but Thursday will come and go with no big news and all Drinky will be doing is laughing his ass off. Seriously people, do you think Nintendo will actually NOT disappoint? I mean they disappointed with their press conference especially after Johnny gave us all these "juicy" info (even though I still believe him). And was there another instance in which something related to Nintendo was mega hyped and then the big N actually delivered?

Although Iwata did say that the controller for the revolution will be unvieled later. Later can mean anything though, it can mean tommorrow or even 5 or 6 months.

Remember on that Nintendo On video, on that part where they show the gamecube connecting to the Nintendo ON there is a system with a question mark on it. Isn't it interesting that the question mark system is shaped like the revolution?

here

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I'm not sure if it's the same Thursdayton that Drinky's referring to, but check 1UP's news module on the front page in 5-10 minutes for a possible Thursdayton.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
chespace said:
I'm not sure if it's the same Thursdayton that Drinky's referring to, but check 1UP's news module on the front page in 5-10 minutes for a possible Thursdayton.
PLAYSTATION 3 ON REVOLUTION!!

Kon Tiki

Banned
chespace said:
Wow, I hope you upload some videos of Metroid Dread to go along with the preview.

Right Brain / Left Brain Functions6

Left Brain works with:

Logic
Words
Parts and specifics
Analysis (breaking apart)
Sequential thinking
Is time-bound, has a sense of time and goals and your position in relation to those goals
Governs the right side of your body

Right Brain works with:

Emotions
Pictures
Wholes and relationships among the parts
Synthesis (putting together)
Simultaneous and holistic thinking
Is time free, might lose a sense of time altogether
Governs the left side of your body

pestul

In the end, if it is nothing.. the "HAHAHAH fooled you" isn't really going to be much, since we're all being extremely pessimistic about it anyway. Hope is there, but isn't it always even in the pits of hell?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I highly recommend you guys all take a visit to Planet Gamecube and read the "Thursday-aton" thread on the Revolution board. I've busted out laughing several times and I'm not even half way through the thread yet.

Click Here

monkeyrun

pestul said:
In the end, if it is nothing.. the "HAHAHAH fooled you" isn't really going to be much, since we're all being extremely pessimistic about it anyway. Hope is there, but isn't it always even in the pits of hell?
I am looking forward to HAHAHA Drinky banned

blackadde

I fully expect Ashton Kutcher has taken control of DC's account and will scream PUNK'D at a dimly lit monitor in the near future.

Odnetnin

Banned
chespace said:

OMG. I BELIEVE.

in Kylie's Breasts.

F5 F5 F5

impirius said:
http://www.1up.com

Metal Gear Solid 4 on DS!

"No place to hide" = portable gaming!

What 1up, IGN, and the rest of the gaming media refuse to show you and I:
http://senseiireland.brinkster.net/...nd sem notes/may/megaton/reggiefilsaries.mpeg

Cleverly hidden in a pile of unrelated folders to foil search engines and nintenbots so my bandwidth isn't raped.

As the short clip demonstrates, Thursdayton (or as I like to call it: Thursdaytron) is a very real development that will bring about changes gamers will focus on for years to come. Nintendo truly is on the cusp of something big - all they ask is we wait for more details.

At 10am PST on Thursday:

Drinky either announces he's buying another DS.

- OR -

Something really interesting happens.

You know, in a crazy way (and I in no way will believe anything until I see it), it almost does make sense to do something on the last day of E3. Since no one ever plans something then, why not do it then?

From a marketing point, that kind of makes sense. At the same time, I'd be baffled as to why you would try to do something when most folks might be leaving. But hey, they don't pay me to be a marketing consultant.

soul.less

Banned
mightynine said:
At 10am PST on Thursday:

Drinky either announces he's buying another DS.

- OR -

Something really interesting happens.

You know, in a crazy way (and I in no way will believe anything until I see it), it almost does make sense to do something on the last day of E3. Since no one ever plans something then, why not do it then?

From a marketing point, that kind of makes sense. At the same time, I'd be baffled as to why you would try to do something when most folks might be leaving. But hey, they don't pay me to be a marketing consultant.

Unless I'm completely mistaken, the last day of E3 isn't tomorrow, it's Friday.

OpinionatedCyborg said:
What 1up, IGN, and the rest of the gaming media refuse to show you and I:
http://senseiireland.brinkster.net/...nd sem notes/may/megaton/reggiefilsaries.mpeg

Cleverly hidden in a pile of unrelated folders to foil search engines and nintenbots so my bandwidth isn't raped.

As the short clip demonstrates, Thursdayton (or as I like to call it: Thursdaytron) is a very real development that will bring about changes gamers will focus on for years to come. Nintendo truly is on the cusp of something big - all they ask is we wait for more details.

Dude that is an awesome video. Those guys can dance.

Dance Dance Mario Revolution!

BarneyBP

Hey wait, Microsoft is announcing the Too Human trilogy on Thursday?

I thought announcements weren't made on Thursdays.

My world is full of lies :(

soul.less

Banned
Golden Darkness said:
On IGN Livewire:

10:06 a.m. PDT
Nintendo
Perrin Kaplan, Vice President of Marketing & Corporate Communications at Nintendo of America, takes your questions.

An interesting (or not) thing about that time is that supposedly it was originally 10:00 a.m. PDT exactly, not 10:06...

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Golden Darkness said:
On IGN Livewire:

10:06 a.m. PDT
Nintendo
Perrin Kaplan, Vice President of Marketing & Corporate Communications at Nintendo of America, takes your questions.

Like Perrin ever says anything....rumor debunked GAF cries

robochimp

I Wish We'd all been ready

Life was filled with guns and war
And everyone got trampled on the floor.
I wish we'd all been ready.
Children died, the days grew cold,
A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold.
There's no time to change your mind,
The Son has come and you've been left behind.

A man and wife asleep in bed,
She hears a noise, she turns her head, he's gone!
Two men walking up a hill,
One disappears and one's left standing still.
There's no time to change your mind,

There's no time to change your mind.
How could you have been so blind?
The Father spoke, the demons dined,
You've been left behind
You've been left behind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom