• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

I dont think so.

Scorch is just generally terrible. *shrugs*

annoyed-kid.jpg

JaMarco

Good talk! Im glad the chiclet and dome shield mechanics never made it in :p

Came across Carlos Pineda's talk. He's a jif man. Give him a promotion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kFqrI11xTc

Also, bring in the Arc Ball and Quad Rockets! Creating a new Titan with the Arc Ball as a defense ability (like Monarch's smoke) would likely work. Just saying :D
That was really interesting hearing their reasoning behind changing to Titan classes.

Well, he is.

He's at a disadvantage in pretty much every Titan matchup.

That doesn't mean he isn't fun to use or anything, but he's pretty clearly the worst Titan right now. Hopefully Respawn addresses him with either some buffs, or a complete rework of his kit.

I've been taking a vacation to Titanfall 1 lately so I haven't played him post-nerf, but I've always done very well with him sine launch. A shame if they ruined him. I'll check it out tonight.

bigJP

Well, he is.

He's at a disadvantage in pretty much every Titan matchup.

That doesn't mean he isn't fun to use or anything, but he's pretty clearly the worst Titan right now. Hopefully Respawn addresses him with either some buffs, or a complete rework of his kit.

one on one scorch isnt the best, but in a team environment he's far from the worst. almost G10 with it

just feel like the flame core doesnt do as much damage as it used to

None of the Titans are completely useless, but Scorch is the weakest IMO.

His lack of mobility, giant crit point and slow-moving projectile attacks make him very easy to defeat while taking minimal damage. His DOT is good for area denial, but actually punishing players with it requires them to make a mistake or bad decision first.

The other Titans unload better damage per second, mire reliably, without having to rely on the other guy screwing up.

mikeGFG

Banned
Scorch really is the worst.

The easiest fix would be to add an extra thermite grenade to the chamber. It could fix a lot of ability rotations without having the need to abuse the reload-cancel.

Has anyone who plays on PC noticed a glaring new overlay on top of the Titanfall 2 window that just says "G-SYNC ON" all the time? Its really annoying and I can't see any option to turn it off. Only happens in Titanfall 2.

Izuna

Banned
Has anyone who plays on PC noticed a glaring new overlay on top of the Titanfall 2 window that just says "G-SYNC ON" all the time? Its really annoying and I can't see any option to turn it off. Only happens in Titanfall 2.

Go into Profile Inspector and remove the overlay

Respawn, its been, like, 6 months and Reapers still have friendly collision. Just remove them. Thanks.

Another thing I noticed

Why is there a delayed notification after someone has fired an Archer at you? And why can it lock-on through trees? Just a frustrating moment on Eden where a Pilot was on a tall structure but his view was blocked by trees, and yet he continued to get a lock on.

Whales

Banned
hey guys

ive been itching for a fast paced fps for a while now... looking up on youtube and watching titanfall 2 video, the game seems fun as fuck

its also currently on sale for 30cad$ on amazon... lucky me.

I was just wondering though, hows the ps4 userbase? is it quick to find matches?

or are there more players on pc?

thanks a bunch

hey guys

ive been itching for a fast paced fps for a while now... looking up on youtube and watching titanfall 2 video, the game seems fun as fuck

I was just wondering though, hows the ps4 userbase? is it quick to find matches?

thanks a bunch

I think I've seen the userbase at between 7-8k peak lately on PS4 and about 2k(?) on PC. Im on PS4 and find matches fairly quickly.

hey guys

thanks a bunch
Buy it.

2 weapons instead of 3 is the one change that I could never figure out a justification for. Even if I'm not in love with some of the other changes from the original to the sequel at least I can understand the thinking behind it. Glad to see that it's getting fixed.

I had fun playing Monarch on Xbox in Titan Brawl with friends. I had plenty of Titanbucks to unlock all the stuff and play with the loadouts. Going solo on PC I had to make a few Titanbucks before I could even unlock the thing at Gen 2.07 (I think I was saving up for Low Profile but it's been so long who knows), and then I had the joy of mostly Join in Progress Attrition Only with garbage loadouts.

I'll say this, playing as a new Titan is fun. I don't know if more Titans are coming down the road, and it seems like a single Titan involves a lot of dev effort but man a constant stream of new Titans and a constantly shifting meta would do wonders for my engagement with this game.

Unfortunately I don't think Monarch is actually all that good, and the Electric Smoke patch isn't helping matters. The Chaingun is kind of sad and inaccurate compared to the original. And the sad magazine size and constant reloading is a downer.

The re-arm ability is.. just not fun... it just feels like busywork. The Rocket Salvo thing is more effective than the original because it's more accurate but it doesn't feel as cool.

After not playing for a while, the melee system in this game did feel extra bad. Lock-on Pilot melee just needs to go away and everyone knows the consistency problems with Titan melee and executions. I don't recall about executions specifically but especially with the ability to Big Punch in the original the Titan melee system felt better overall.

Meta-wise I wasn't feeling the amount of people cloaking on rooftops and all the Ronins.

Still a super fun game in the right kind of lobby.

Frontier Defense ASAP please, hopefully Scorpio + FreeSync support will be a thing down the road. But I don't know, I don't see the player base making Siege-like gains and I'm not too sure how much support this game is likely to get.

Did have some issues with the PC version. Seems like scroll wheel still doesn't work to activate my boost even though it's properly mapped.... not cool. And I couldn't launch the game until I killed my Nahimic audio processing thing that came with my MSI mobo built-in sound. Just instant crash on start. What's weird is after googling it seemed like it was a problem people were having pretty much from the get-go but I know it worked fine during the first few months of the game for me as I've been running Nahimic the whole time.

Monarch is interesting to me since she's such a slow-build.

I never drop her in first. I ALWAYS wait for at least one other Titan on the team to drop, preferably a Ronin.

She's just so weak to start, but you play smart and keep her alive through 2 cores, and she starts to become a power-house. By core 3, assuming you're not doomed, you've basically snowballed into a high-dps, high armored monster.

But if you're too aggressive too early, you'll just waste her (and get wasted).

She's no Ion, but I'd say she's mid-tier. Same value/impact as Tone IMO.

Arkanius

I started replayign TitanFall 2 on PC yesterday. God it's so much fun, I can't remember why I got distracted

Too bad the PC community is still... anemic (2000) but god it's good.
Tone is still OP

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
hey guys

thanks a bunch

It never takes me more than a minute to find a match when I jump on in the evenings (JST here). It tends to find games much quicker after that initial match as well. Sometimes I don't even have time to choose/edit a loadout before I'm in the dropship waiting for the countdown!

If a fast-paced FPS is what you're after, and you like what you've seen of trailers, you really can't go far wrong.

Edit: Apparently there's a free trial running this week. Jump in and check it out for yoself!

Foxxsoxx

Played for the first time in a while tonight and had a lot more fun. Was going against constantly better players last time I played but besides one match I've been topping the charts tonight.

If anyone plays on PS4 add me, PSN is Fakehound. The GAF network is dead...

Hey folks. Been thinking about picking up a new shooter to get into for the summer and Titanfall 2 has a lot of praise so its the top of my radar and first choice.

However, i havent played a multiplayer shooter since Black Ops 2. So my question to the community is, how friendly is the game to newcomer scrubs like myself? Whats the learning curve like?

I expect to be stomped for probably 30 hours or so before i start grasping the mechanics.

How can i change the voice over announcer? I want that guy who says "your unstoppable" and things like that.

It's under Faction in the main MP menu.

Hey folks. Been thinking about picking up a new shooter to get into for the summer and Titanfall 2 has a lot of praise so its the top of my radar and first choice.

However, i havent played a multiplayer shooter since Black Ops 2. So my question to the community is, how friendly is the game to newcomer scrubs like myself? Whats the learning curve like?

I expect to be stomped for probably 30 hours or so before i start grasping the mechanics.

Definitely pick it up and play the SP campaign first because it teaches you the movement mechanics and the Titan loadouts. Jumping into MP can be daunting because people have had close to a year since the game launched, but it's damn fun even when you don't do well.

Top Bottom