• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

I really disagree that the G2A needs any kind of nerf.

It might be a problem on PC, can't speak to that, but on console it's pretty clearly the weapon with the highest skill bar as far as landing shots.

It's peak ROF isn't particularly fast, it has useless hip fire, and it feels like it has the lowest aim assist or bullet magnetism of any weapon in the game.

I never feel frustrated getting killed by the G2A. I always feel like they earned it for landing the shots.

Rocketz

I started playing Ronin to mix it up from Scorch

Rip and Tear

SGAptWt.gif

Izuna

Banned
just fyi, triple boost slows down the recharge rate of your boosts

so after that initial burst, you're not going any faster until you stop for a while

Y6rfpKC.gif

(not my gameplay)

thefro

Grabbing Titan batteries on the map reminds me of grabbing shields in Goldeneye.

Seems like a majority of the random players don't even bother, but it makes a big difference.

SwolBro

Banned
I really disagree that the G2A needs any kind of nerf.

It might be a problem on PC, can't speak to that, but on console it's pretty clearly the weapon with the highest skill bar as far as landing shots.

It's peak ROF isn't particularly fast, it has useless hip fire, and it feels like it has the lowest aim assist or bullet magnetism of any weapon in the game.

I never feel frustrated getting killed by the G2A. I always feel like they earned it for landing the shots.
I'd like to see its range pulled in. Getting killed from across the map from a guy I can't even see shouldn't be in a mobile game.

The real issue is the hemlok. Fuck that weapon is stupid

I'm ready to call it.

TitanFall 2 has the lowest average IQ of any player base of any modern shooter. In a walk.

On the plus side, it's become so easy to determine whether you've been paired with these drool-cups within a minute of the game starting.

A team incapable of a simple, intelligent breakout from spawn is a team incapable of winning, and one worthy of abandoning.

To put things in perspective, the average bird has a brain the size of a peanut, if that. Yet they are able to evaluate the position and direction of other birds and flock accordingly, understanding the gaps available for filling.

The average TitanFall player cannot read the direction or position of their teammates, nor the environment. They have no idea where the enemy will be (despite the fact that the bulk of the player base uses the same primary routes on every map, every single time, especially on post-spawn breakouts), no idea which players to backup, no idea how to flank, nothing.

This leaves the one experienced/qualified player that Respawn's shit matchmaking saddles with bib-wearers against six-stacks to engage enemies 2,3 even 4 on one off the hop, because we, despite ourselves, always seem to assume that the other players on our team might possess the basic functioning required to back us up at the major choke-points and 'hot spots' on the map. Or at the very least not feed the opposing team to the tune of 50 points within the first 25 seconds of a match.

I've found two satisfactory methods of dealing with the situation.

An immediate quit within the first 60 seconds, more than enough time to make the evaluation. Can't confirm, that it seems as long as you don't get killed, 60 second quits are treated as timeouts and have no impact on either win% or KD.

If you have the time to spare, I would suggest finding a corner, ideally with some cover, and repeatedly hitting the swap weapon button to avoid being kicked. This will ensure you team is butchered like the herd of worthless farm animals they are, and prevent some poor soul from being dropped JIP into the game in your place. One can hope that enough lop-sided ass-kickings will cause them to abandon Titanfall 2 entirely, thus ensuring you never have to endure being partnered with them again.

deoee

I'm ready to call it.

TitanFall 2 has the lowest average IQ of any player base of any modern shooter. In a walk.

On the plus side, it's become so easy to determine whether you've been paired with these drool-cups within a minute of the game starting.

A team incapable of a simple, intelligent breakout from spawn is a team incapable of winning, and one worthy of abandoning.

To put things in perspective, the average bird has a brain the size of a peanut, if that. Yet they are able to evaluate the position and direction of other birds and flock accordingly, understanding the gaps available for filling.

The average TitanFall player cannot read the direction or position of their teammates, nor the environment. They have no idea where the enemy will be (despite the fact that the bulk of the player base uses the same primary routes on every map, every single time, especially on post-spawn breakouts), no idea which players to backup, no idea how to flank, nothing.

This leaves the one experienced/qualified player that Respawn's shit matchmaking saddles with bib-wearers against six-stacks to engage enemies 2,3 even 4 on one off the hop, because we, despite ourselves, always seem to assume that the other players on our team might possess the basic functioning required to back us up at the major choke-points and 'hot spots' on the map. Or at the very least not feed the opposing team to the tune of 50 points within the first 25 seconds of a match.

An immediate quit within the first 60 seconds, more than enough time to make the evaluation. Can't confirm, that it seems as long as you don't get killed, 60 second quits are treated as timeouts and have no impact on either win% or KD.

If you have the time to spare, I would suggest finding a corner, ideally with some cover, and repeatedly hitting the swap weapon button to avoid being kicked. This will ensure you team is butchered like the herd of worthless farm animals they are, and prevent some poor soul from being dropped JIP into the game in your place. One can hope that enough lop-sided ass-kickings will cause them to abandon Titanfall 2 entirely, thus ensuring you never have to endure being partnered with them again.

10/10 analysis.

Yesterday, I was wondering where my 5 team mates in PvP went, when I suddenly was swarmed by 3 or 4 enemies... They were RIGHT next to me seconds before.

SwolBro

Banned
I'm ready to call it.

i can't much understand why Titanfall suffers this problem. Is it the matchmaking? Is it the movement? i've never been able to figure it out since the first game. people say it's the population, or they used to say that with the first game but we've had a consistent 20-50k people on. They can't all be bad????? right? Other people suggested it was a lack of campaign to properly introduce players to the mechanics prior to jumping into multiplayer. But that's not it, we have a campaign this time. so what's the issue?

if i play overwatch i don't seem to run into this problem. people tend to be ok teammates that support you and for the most part know what they're doing. titanfall is a whole other fucking ball game. seems like 99% of the population suffers from some type of cognitive disfunction.

I guess I'm not the only one who gets pissed off when friendly titans right next to me are staring at the enemy pilot who's busy stealing my battery.

Vipu

Banned
i can't much understand why Titanfall suffers this problem. Is it the matchmaking? Is it the movement? i've never been able to figure it out since the first game. people say it's the population, or they used to say that with the first game but we've had a consistent 20-50k people on. They can't all be bad????? right? Other people suggested it was a lack of campaign to properly introduce players to the mechanics prior to jumping into multiplayer. But that's not it, we have a campaign this time. so what's the issue?

if i play overwatch i don't seem to run into this problem. people tend to be ok teammates that support you and for the most part know what they're doing. titanfall is a whole other fucking ball game. seems like 99% of the population suffers from some type of cognitive disfunction.

My guess is because of population and how much higher skill sealing TiF2 have compared to OW.
In OW difference between good and player is smaller because of things, in TiF2 better player wins fights 95% of time.

Arrrammis

I guess I'm not the only one who gets pissed off when friendly titans right next to me are staring at the enemy pilot who's busy stealing my battery.

And then they proceed to kill the pilot after it takes my battery, and my teammate takes the battery for their own titan... thanks.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Has there been any word on frontier defense? I don't have the time to put into the game to compete with these kids.

No but you can still get into a match easily in Titanfall, if you have it on X1. There was around 230 ppl playing FD in my region a few minutes ago

Mechazawa

Would it really be that unprecedented if they just took Crash Site out of the rotation.

Or redesigned the map and saved the assets.

Or made it a 1/100 chance of getting it.

Or just took a bunch of the garbage geometry that keeps making it easy to get caught on shit.

Something.

Izuna

Banned
I'm running through all the achievements for someone, so that means going through this game on Master.

I REALLY hope we get some sort of solo mode that lets us move a bunch. Something like Frontier Defense etc. with its own progression system.

Would it really be that unprecedented if they just took Crash Site out of the rotation.

Or just took a bunch of the garbage geometry that keeps making it easy to get caught on shit.

Something.

Happens all the time in Halo, and I think CoD did that before.

Mikey Jr.

Something.

Crash site is fucking garbage-tier.

Also, got that fucking gauntlet trophy. Jesus, fuck that thing. Almost lost by like 5 milliseconds.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Something.

Crash Site would be fine if they just changed the spawns so it's not people facing off against each other on a hill. The fact that you can get spawn trapped in the hanger if the other team flanks is the worst part of the map, it's the only map where you feel like you are being spawn camped.

Izuna

Banned
It takes ~4 hours to 1000/1000 this game it seems. Could be faster if I knew how to speed run etc. but for the most part... there we go. All Helmets, all additional achievements.

For £20, not bad

Titanfall 2 has pretty much ruined other shooters for me with its fluidity and staggering level of control. Games that felt fine a month ago feel...off and/or lacking now. Hopefully this is temporary.

I'm in the same boat. I actually bought the Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition just for MWR because I loved that game when I first about it over 9 years ago. It was fun to revisit but it was still the same game that I also grew tired of.

I wanted something new and wasn't interested in WW1, so BF1 was out of the question. I was afraid I wouldn't like TF2 because I didn't like the futuristic COD games. I figure the future stuff wasn't for me. I decided to buy TF2 anyways because it was on sale during Black Friday and boy was I wrong, I fucking love this game. Easily my favorite FPS of all time now. I really loved MW back in the day but I can say without a doubt that TF2 far surpasses it.

I stopped playing MWR in late November. I said I would go back once they release the rest of the original maps. I still haven't touched it since then. I just have no desire to. Every time I think about playing MWR, I also think to myself "why do that when I rather play TF2".

VeeP

Man, this game is so damn good.

With that said, I've def. seen a noticeable population drop since Christmas. Saw 50,000 XB1 players online then. This past week, I've only seen about 20,000.

Any update on when new maps will drop?

Man, this game is so damn good.

With that said, I've def. seen a noticeable population drop since Christmas. Saw 50,000 XB1 players online then. This past week, I've only seen about 20,000.

Any update on when new maps will drop?

Still hovers 25-30k at peak on both platforms which is a nice boost from pre-chrismas anyway.

Izuna

Banned
This game is not going to hold casual players. The progression system is mostly pointless and hard to even understand. Above that, I feel like all of the systems they added to make the game more accessible is just harder for casuals (like the sentries).

People who are average, who will hover at maybe 3-4th place, feel like they're terrible at the game. I really hope the next update is juicy.

Honestly I think Homestead continues to be on a league of its own with how awful it is. It just makes no sense to me why this map exists the way it does.

Open fields? Really?

Can't find the post but I remember someone saying that you only get double happy hour merits during a double XP event and that using a double XP token doesn't do it. Not sure if it was ever corrected but I just used a token and got 10 happy hour merits. I thought when I read it that it sounded a bit off but can now confirm it.

Titanfall 2 has pretty much ruined other shooters for me with its fluidity and staggering level of control. Games that felt fine a month ago feel...off and/or lacking now. Hopefully this is temporary.

Yea I've tried going back to several other multiplayer shooters this past week or so (BF1, Overwatch, Siege) and none of them feel as responsive or as fluid as Titanfall 2. The movement and aiming in those games just feels so sluggish and unresponsive now. It sucks because I thought they felt smooth and responsive prior to playing Titanfall 2 but the difference is night and day. I'd like to spend more time in them as I'm not done with them yet but they just don't feel as nice to play anymore.

Greddleok

You know what I love about Crash Site? Getting like 5 free kills at the start of the game because everyone bunches up at the spawn and I go around and flank them.

GlamFM

Banned
The vibes in this thread are just awful. I wish we had a more positive OT or maybe a separate thread for constant bitching.

I love TTF2, but this is the wrong thread to express that.

Bummer.

Alx

You know what I love about Crash Site? Getting like 5 free kills at the start of the game because everyone bunches up at the spawn and I go around and flank them.

I like throwing a few blind shots at the beginning when I'm carrying an EPG or Cold War before running the other direction, and sometimes getting a lucky first frag. :D
I still think Crash Site is fine, except for getting stuck in the geometry from time to time (but that mostly happens on the floor, and I'm exclusively running on walls or ledges now). It's a good thing that all maps don't have the same feeling, and having one a bit chaotic and intense doesn't hurt.

If you ignore certain people's posts this OT is actually fine.

Yeah I usually only add trolls and console warriors to my ignore list, but it's the first time I do it because of tedious posts.

Greddleok

I like throwing a few blind shots at the beginning when I'm carrying an EPG or Cold War before running the other direction, and sometimes getting a lucky first frag. :D
I still think Crash Site is fine, except for getting stuck in the geometry from time to time (but that mostly happens on the floor, and I'm exclusively running on walls or ledges now). It's a good thing that all maps don't have the same feeling, and having one a bit chaotic and intense doesn't hurt.

Still not quite good enough at the movement to be constantly on the walls. Switching to an SMG really helped with getting those wall running kills though.

Top Bottom