• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
^^^ -- been bragging about putting me on ignore 7 total times.

Oh that reminds me. Vipu, play the campaign! The second-half is a blast.

Menitta

I had to take a break from this game for Magfest. I need to get back into it soon.

On a tangential note I played this Battletech game there and it's a psuedo-VR mecha simulator and when I ejected for a respawn, I thought I was gonna start going on foot like Titanfall lol. It was super cool though.

Also the Titanfall 1 artbook is amazing. I picked it up there too for super cheap.

Ken Adams

yup cos your the reason this thread has turned into an epeen comparison, you can play oblivious to it but i wanna make sure that people kno to take ur opinion with a grain of salt. You have been wanting Tf2 to fail since the beta (dont make me go look up all your posts from the beta thread) How shitty is your life in real life that you shit so much on the game u love to play the most lmao must be because of brexit or something.

yup cos your the reason this thread has turned into an epeen comparison, you can play oblivious to it but i wanna make sure that people kno to take ur opinion with a grain of salt. You have been wanting Tf2 to fail since the beta (dont make me go look up all your posts from the beta thread) How shitty is your life in real life that you shit so much on the game u love to play the most lmao must be because of brexit or something.

Dude, that's unnecessary.

Last time we had a full team of six and not all modes were available. We mostly did attrition, and some pilot vs pilots

But open to anything

Sounds good!

That´s pretty much how I see it and probably why this thread is not working for me.

You conveniently ignored my post about contributing to the thread and steering conversation elsewhere.

If you have no interest in doing so and only want to complain about the people posting valid criticism then please leave.

If you want to participate, whats on your mind?

deoee

What?

Izuna

Banned

If I did something like that, I apologise.

It was a personal goal of mine to improve my stats and it was nice to see others say how they managed to start going positive too. We should be super positive, but to say that I've wanted this game to fail, it's the exact opposite.

My posts (while not perfect) used to be "concerns". I don't have an accurate barometer on what's constructive or not, so the best I can be is honest.

Since I'm not a dev for this game (which you decided to point out prior), and as much as I heavily respect & love Respawn, I want to be as liberal with my praise as well as my complaints. The devs are wonderful people. Titanfall 2 is their baby, but it's also a separate entity. Expressing dislike over a design choice or bug/poor implementation isn't elitism or attacks. It's only when it's directed at players or the devs themselves that it is.

For the most part, I have no issue with doing my best to see eye to eye with everyone, so if you're still reading my posts ~ you've probably noticed my lack of writing of R1/R2.

~~

as for the brexit remark, if you judge me because you know my concerns over that absolute stupidity, then by all means

jorgejjvr

Sounds good!

You conveniently ignored my post about contributing to the thread and steering conversation elsewhere.

If you have no interest in doing so and only want to complain about the people posting valid criticism then please leave.

If you want to participate, whats on your mind?
Interested? What's your psn?

I didn't!
<3

Should be getting a new router tomorrow for the advanced UDP rerouting features so let's see can I finally play Titanfall at home.

Ken Adams

If I did something like that, I apologise.

It was a personal goal of mine to improve my stats and it was nice to see others say how they managed to start going positive too. We should be super positive, but to say that I've wanted this game to fail, it's the exact opposite.

My posts (while not perfect) used to be "concerns". I don't have an accurate barometer on what's constructive or not, so the best I can be is honest.

Since I'm not a dev for this game (which you decided to point out prior), and as much as I heavily respect & love Respawn, I want to be as liberal with my praise as well as my complaints. The devs are wonderful people. Titanfall 2 is their baby, but it's also a separate entity. Expressing dislike over a design choice or bug/poor implementation isn't elitism or attacks. It's only when it's directed at players or the devs themselves that it is.

For the most part, I have no issue with doing my best to see eye to eye with everyone, so if you're still reading my posts ~ you've probably noticed my lack of writing of R1/R2.

~~

as for the brexit remark, if you judge me because you know my concerns over that absolute stupidity, then by all means

Im willing to drop it, just plz put me on ignore and dont quote me anymore ill do the same and lets all move on from the silliness.

Izuna

Banned
I'm sorry but, I didn't quote you... and yet you quote me first.

I can understand being curious what "someone you ignore" says (especially since GAF's ignore system isn't very good, though I have superignore extension myself) ~~ but I'm very easy to confront if you have a specific issue with my personally. Hit me up with a PM with everything you hate and within reason I'll see if I change my ways.

I didn't!
<3

Should be getting a new router tomorrow for the advanced UDP rerouting features so let's see can I finally play Titanfall at home.

Will I be able to hear your voice?!

A lot of Titanfall 2 players have super sexy voices. Specifically deoee

deoee

I can understand being curious what "someone you ignore" says (especially since GAF's ignore system isn't very good, though I have superignore extension myself) ~~ but I'm very easy to confront if you have a specific issue with my personally. Hit me up with a PM with everything you hate and within reason I'll see if I change my ways.

Will I be able to hear your voice?!

A lot of Titanfall 2 players have super sexy voices. Specifically deoee

Hai

anime-kimi-ni-todoke-sadako-sawako-Favim.com-232430.gif

Ken Adams

Im sorry but last time we interacted i told you put me on ignore but you didn't listen and here we are again. I use superignore too but all my posts load before it kicks in and as your comment was under mine i knew it you would be responding to me. Again lets move on and stop talking about each other for fuck sake.

duxstar

Lol as a mix between hardcore player and newbie I have to say some weapons /titans are getting a little old.

For the record I dont consider myself good, I've never gotten 30 kills or more (that I can remember) in either mode and constantly come in 3rd or 4th on pubs of attrition. Bounty hunt is what I play and I focus on the goal/mission. Not K/D ratio, not highest kills, my one goal is to collect as much money as possible and win. So what's that mean ? I had a game in bounty hunt with $2700 once without a single kill. Some games I get $3000 with like 4 kills. I go after the titans when they are overwhelming the team, and defend the banks when I need to. Now that we know where I'm coming from here's a few things that bother me.

Nuclear Ejection - Yes I abuse this to hell and back in Bounty Hunt, yes I think it's too strong, even for the titan I think it should be designed for (Ronin). As it is, if your good enough you can chain titans for a whole game, and while it can make for super exhilarating endings , it needs to be taken down a notch.

Maybe it only gets you 75% of the way to another titan, or maybe they add a 30 second delay to your titan from a nuclear explosion, but as it is now it's used by everyone in bounty hunt.

Tone and Ion - I dont know about you guys bit I'm leveling up tone right now and I am getting sick of seeing these 2 titans every match. They are both absolutely devastating to pilots and titans both, you ever play against someome good with the laser core ? It feels oppressive as a pilot. Tones wall might be the most annoying part of the game, you know whats not fun ? Staring at a tone from your shield looking at them with theirs.

The MGL - Best anti titan gun in the game, as a tone I fear a pilot with an amped MGL more than any other titan or gun. It's so effective. I've been using the Thunderbolt Charge Rifle , and Archer for the last month, and they are still at half the level of my MGL. It's that good.

Pilot Sentries - For the love of God can someone make these consistent ? One game I can practically walk up to one and punch it, and the next ill be flying around the map at 100mph and it will one shot me in midair. Plus they are a little too effective at killing Titans, and they can win and lose games in Bounty Hunt.

That's all I can come up with at the moment but im running on no sleep , so if i think of anything else I'll post it later

deoee

Thunderbolt is far better that MGL imo.

The range and faf mechanic is awesome. Builds your Titan meter like it's nothing.

Izuna

Banned
I've had >$4000 with 1 kill lol.

Nuke isn't too strong for Bounty Hunt, it's more like an important balancing point. If you couldn't use it, certain Titans would be really bad for the mode (like Legion) who would be unable to kill the Bounty even with a full core.

My only suggestion is to make the Bounty Ronin not due entirely to it. The other ones don't and leave a bit of health.

Thunderbolt is far better that MGL imo.

The range and faf mechanic is awesome. Builds your Titan meter like it's nothing.

EPG (glich) > Archer > MGL for building meter.

<3 I'll swear by Amped Archer for as long as it takes.

dankir

Omg will you nutjobs stop bitching and just talk about the game or something constructive? What the hell happened in here.....

Izuna

Banned
/r/titanfall mods must be stopped. Removing posts that have several upvotes as "low-quality".

They don't want to see Powerpuff Mecha on the front page.

dank titanfall memes

--

WAIT WTF, TONE'S TRACKER ROCKETS JUST HOMED INTO A PILOT (must have been random actually)

Izuna

Banned
This game is so dissapointing... I don't care about graphics, it's fine to me. But the gameplay is not that fun. Gets boring real fast. This game is just as innovative, as joining Brink and Hawken together is. While combat is not as good as Brink or Hawken (it's parts). The unlockable weapons and upgrades are too few and there is no visual customization (aside from the dlcs that are coming as a money grab). I am happy that I didn't buy the season pass before playing the game. Average overpriced shooter, 6/10 to me. Others may like it, but it is overhyped, since it's one of the first of next gen console games... For PC it's nothing special though, keep that in mind!&#65279;

deoee

This game is so dissapointing... I don't care about graphics, it's fine to me. But the gameplay is not that fun. Gets boring real fast. This game is just as innovative, as joining Brink and Hawken together is. While combat is not as good as Brink or Hawken (it's parts). The unlockable weapons and upgrades are too few and there is no visual customization (aside from the dlcs that are coming as a money grab). I am happy that I didn't buy the season pass before playing the game. Average overpriced shooter, 6/10 to me. Others may like it, but it is overhyped, since it's one of the first of next gen console games... For PC it's nothing special though, keep that in mind!&#65279;

Yeah, IW has superior mp

RIP first person embarks and executions

I remember playing the 360 version for the first time and telling myself "I will never get tired of this"

I never did

:(((((

I've noticed. It's typically PS4 players that hate the negative comments, and Xbox players that have something to say.

That's what happens with you ship a game that has problems the previous title didn't have :p

~~~~

This is actually dead-on accurate. Nice call.

Wait Izuna got banned? For what? Nothing in this thread warranted banning, that's for sure.

Calderc

Was just checking that, his last posts were in the Scalebound thread so maybe that? Can't be arsed trawling through 60 pages to find it though.

Arrrammis

Wow, I hope Izuna didn't get banned because of this thread.

I wouldn't be surprised if some passing mod just popped into the thread, saw that someone was complaining about Izuna, saw the copypasta thing that he threw in, and just banned him when they saw he was a junior doing this. Hope that the ban gets changed or at least isn't too long, with Izuna gone who will keep the Archer in the discussion?

Edit: yeah, some of the scalebound posts could also be the reason.

I think I need to switch from the Charge Rifle to the MGL.

All the way back at Gen1, I ran the Hemlock and G2A, because they were the guns I used most in R1. My style was hurry-up and slow-down. Blast around the map at warp speed, stop, shoot, repeat. The games mobility was for retreating and repositioning, not attacking. The Charge Rifle fit that play style. I was that asshole peeling your Titans health off across the map.

Since Gen2 and my come to Jesus moment with the pre-patch Volt, I've been running the Volt and CAR mainly, with Hemlock, Devotion and G2A mixed in for maps like Kodai, Homestead, Black Water and Trash Site.

But the aggressive style doesn't really fit with the charge rifle. It's more 'poke you at distance', so it doesn't really work with my current tendency to hurl myself toward enemies and bounce around at warp speed.

I just think I'm going to feel super vulnerable at range without it. It makes a handy sniper rifle in a pinch, lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware

All the way back at Gen1, I ran the Hemlock and G2A, because they were the guns I used most in R1. My style was hurry-up and slow-down. Blast around the map at warp speed, stop, shoot, repeat. The games mobility was for retreating and repositioning, not attacking. The Charge Rifle fit that play style. I was that asshole peeling your Titans health off across the map.

Since Gen2 and my come to Jesus moment with the pre-patch Volt, I've been running the Volt and CAR mainly, with Hemlock, Devotion and G2A mixed in for maps like Kodai, Homestead, Black Water and Trash Site.

But the aggressive style doesn't really fit with the charge rifle. It's more 'poke you at distance', so it doesn't really work with my current tendency to hurl myself toward enemies and bounce around at warp speed.

I just think I'm going to feel super vulnerable at range without it. It makes a handy sniper rifle in a pinch, lol
The fact that the MGL grenades just airburst at short range makes them kind of useless to me. Still good as arcing weapons over walls and rooftops, but being able to snipe Titans from across the map is just too useful to me regardless of whether I'm Devotion camping like a ass or running around with a Volt.

Was just checking that, his last posts were in the Scalebound thread so maybe that? Can't be arsed trawling through 60 pages to find it though.
lol I assume some console wars shit is happening in that thread.

Arrrammis

Personally, I just can't stand playing passive, so picking off titans with the charge rifle was never really my strong suit. I like the MGL more because I can fire it in their general direction when I'm wall running/sliding past and know that it's going to hit for a good amount of damage.

Top Bottom