• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Arrrammis

Im surprised Kodai doesnt get as much hate as Complex. Its a far worse map.

I'm surprised about how much hate Complex gets in the first place. Plenty of verticality, lots of flank routes, solid walls with predictable geometry, no rooftops for those A-walling Devotion users... I don't get it.

deoee

I just played on console for the first time and my god...

coming from PC (last console shooter was Destiny) I feel like I'm crippled while aiming with the sticks

Discobird

Complex and Crash Site both suffer from the problem that pilots have very few safe places that they can usefully be once the Titans come out. Crash Site has a few cave tunnels and Complex has some small corridors where Titans can't reach you, but you're not helping your team by hiding there. Being on foot vs 5 or 6 enemy Titans on those maps feels bad compared to the same situation on, say, Exoplanet or Angel City. Kodai doesn't have the same problem since there's a lot of space inside the base that Titans can't easily reach.

On Kodai I tend to pick short-range guns and roam the base since I don't like fighting in the open. The one thing I never do is go down the elevated walkway that connects the left and right halves of the base. You're SOL with nowhere to run if you get caught there.

I've sadly been kept away from Titanfall 2 for weeks now, and I'm hoping to get back into thee mix next week. Have I missed any new patches or updates, or even announcements, since early December?

We so need to do the gaf lobby again!!

I'm available for the same times Wednesday and Friday

Definitely!

I've sadly been kept away from Titanfall 2 for weeks now, and I'm hoping to get back into thee mix next week. Have I missed any new patches or updates, or even announcements, since early December?

No, but there's this
https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/816711756143857664
Have a strange suspiscion that the next content drop for #Titanfall2 is coming in March or April

Vince's response
it shouldn't be that late, will update next week or 2

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Someone wanted to see the Tone pinup art:
C1yVxJeWEAArzwh.jpg:large
And I'm not MLG pro like most people here, but I was particularly proud of this match to finish the night. Came into the game when it was like 200-80 for the other team and scratched out a win. I honestly don't know if I'm good or if Tone is just too OP, but once I got my Tone out I was able to pick off Titans and help the team catch back up.

SwolBro

Banned
Im surprised Kodai doesnt get as much hate as Complex. Its a far worse map.
Kodai is no where near as bad as complex. complex sucks for every single mode

I'm surprised about how much hate Complex gets in the first place. Plenty of verticality, lots of flank routes, solid walls with predictable geometry, no rooftops for those A-walling Devotion users... I don't get it.
It gets hate because it's crap in every mode. In CTF if you go against the ocean side it's hard to pull a flag since you're not sure what side they'll spawn at. In PVP people play it like they do crash site. For other modes it's annoying once the Titans drop down... it's not a good map at all.

I just played on console for the first time and my god...

coming from PC (last console shooter was Destiny) I feel like I'm crippled while aiming with the sticks
Don't have potatoes as fingers.

Tintanfall still has some legs to it. Tiny legs, but legs.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ApplsSauce/video/25502580
Man, why does this game look like a sequel to the actual sequel? Seriously, Titanfall 1 looks like it comes after Titanfall 2.

Everything about it is awesome: the titan voice, the aesthetics, the NO PILOT GLOW. Respawn the pilot glow was such a horrible idea. Why copy other games?

I tried to play Overwatch tonight... bleh. It's no where as near frantic as it is on PC so as a console shooter it's kind of boring to be honest. I played two matches and quit. The player glow pisses me off there as well even though i think it works for that game. It does not work for Titanfall.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It gets hate because it's crap in every mode. In CTF if you go against the ocean side it's hard to pull a flag since you're not sure what side they'll spawn at. In PVP people play it like they do crash site. For other modes it's annoying once the Titans drop down... it's not a good map at all.
It's better than Crash Site at least, because the spawns aren't broken. It's one of the few maps where camping isn't encouraged.

Greddleok

So...all I need for the Plat is the Gauntlet master.....which I cannot touch. I can get down to 40 seconds, but no better.

I'm the same. I gave up. Might try again since I've not touched it since release week. I'm much better than I used to be!

I think I got it to 36.5 and was like: Fuck it. I wanna kill bitches in MP.

Renewed

Last I checked shotgun and arc grenades make it a lot easier. Chaining wall runs in quick succession and slide boosting also are important. Got that trophy on my third try early on in my playtime, maybe there are Youtube vids for it.

ch4fx_

I think a "ground war/big team battle", or a kill confirmed game mode would benefit Titanfall really well. Are new game modes something to hope for, or are they just not feasible?

Also, can anyone tell me how often double XP come around? & how does "double XP" work considering you don't necessarily progress based off XP -- do you get double merits?

Also, can anyone tell me how often double XP come around? & how does "double XP" work considering you don't necessarily progress based off XP -- do you get double merits?

Double XP only doubles merits, not the XP you get for weapons, titans, factions, etc.

Double XP weekends don't happen often enough. If you do coliseum matches, you can get the double XP tickets that you can freely activate at the beginning of matches.

ch4fx_

If you do coliseum matches, you can get the double XP tickets that you can freely activate at the beginning of matches.

Coliseum is the 1v1 game type, correct? Do you get said tickets for participation, or are they strictly for winning?

I hope they're for participation.

Another question -- I hit Gen 2 on my Flatline last night before I got offline. What does that mean/what does it do?

Coliseum is the 1v1 game type, correct? Do you get said tickets for participation, or are they strictly for winning?

I hope they're for participation.

Winning, unfortunately. You also get advocate gifts in your inbox (which you open for double XP, banners/patches, and credits) for random shit during progression. Then again, I only ever got double XP tickets from coliseum I think.

I think there are some Mountain Dew codes you can spam to get the double XP that somebody posted earlier. Not sure if they still work.

I'm amazed how slowly the battlefield ot is moving

Izuna doesn't post there.

jk come back soon Izuna

deoee

update before march? that better not be for balancing as well. if they don't fucking update the balance in this game by Feb i'm done. that's goddamn absurd.

At least this is what I read out of the tweets... Maybe the second part means we will get some balance update and later on some dlc update?

update before march? that better not be for balancing as well. if they don't fucking update the balance in this game by Feb i'm done. that's goddamn absurd.

Nothing indicates that, so no need to overreact. We know they can make adjustments on their end rather quickly without going through certification. And we know some are just returning from break. Let them breathe. Relax.

Top Bottom