• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

My biggest gripe at this point is ttk.
Too COD like imo. I thought the original was perfect.

Same here. I don't see it being changed though, it would probably effect weapon balance. Still having a blast, but I just don't get the trend of lower and lower ttk. I mean fuck, just make a "hardcore" mode so people can have their "peekaboo who saw who first" combat. *Waits for Halo 6 and hopes it has double jump and a better slide*

E92 M3

My biggest gripe at this point is ttk.
Too COD like imo. I thought the original was perfect.

It's the same as the first one (unless you get one-bursted by a hemlock). This TTK is optimal for fast gameplay and smoothness. The IW has an insanely fast TTK. Different shooters for different tastes.

dankir

Yeah, it's certainly harder against smart players. Also, this never gets old:

f50KSJq.gif

Maybe I was just really bad at it, but I played TF1 a lot over 2 years, I only got what maybe 15 gooser kills in total? I finally got the railgun gooser kill last month.

I've done probably 25 - 30 at this point in TF2, it's just so much easier I find. Ion's laser cannon is by far the best way to farm it. I even got one with Scorch's gun in a game. A few with Tone as well. Haven't played any legion, ronin or northstar since launch though.

But it's very satisfying.

BizzyBum

The lowest TTK I've played has to be Modern Warfare Remastered. Without Juggernaut you can just aim at someone and they drop dead.

Maybe I was just really bad at it, but I played TF1 a lot over 2 years, I only got what maybe 15 gooser kills in total? I finally got the railgun gooser kill last month.

I've done probably 25 - 30 at this point in TF2, it's just so much easier I find. Ion's laser cannon is by far the best way to farm it. I even got one with Scorch's gun in a game. A few with Tone as well. Haven't played any legion, ronin or northstar since launch though.
;
But it's very satisfying.

Ejecting Pilots do not eject as high, so a little easier in Titanfall 2.

It's the same as the first one (unless you get one-bursted by a hemlock). This TTK is optimal for fast gameplay and smoothness. The IW has an insanely fast TTK. Different shooters for different tastes.

Nah, it's not. Whether it be more accurate weapons, less recoil or more aim assist, something about TF2 makes it noticeably quicker to kill people on average. And I know about amped weapons, it's not that.

edit: a slightly longer kill time doesn't affect fast gameplay and smoothness that much. What it does do is simplify encounters and make weapon properties feel less unique.

edit 2: My feeling is that the reason Respawn did not implement a higher kill time or even keep it the same as TF1 is because it makes it harder for new or less skilled players. When ttk is faster, you'll sneak up on people out of luck and getting the first hit basically means you win (see every single COD). If they upped it, it would raise the skill ceiling and allow for the ambushed player to react. But that's what makes higher kill times so interesting; the ability to react via movement, abilities and precision over time.

It's the same as the first one.
Is this able to be confirmed. I thought the same but then all thes TF1 vets started to complain so i watched some TF1 videos since i hadnt played it in a while. It still looks the same to me except guns like the hemlock and g2 got a much needed buff because they were outclassed in TF1. It really does look like the same TTK, to me, but you know people will protest this claim without proof.

Same here. I don't see it being changed though, it would probably effect weapon balance. Still having a blast, but I just don't get the trend of lower and lower ttk. I mean fuck, just make a "hardcore" mode so people can have their "peekaboo who saw who first" combat. *Waits for Halo 6 and hopes it has double jump and a better slide*
I mean, typically, in gun fights, the winner is the first one to aquire and hit their target. I hate games where you shoot someone in the back a bunch of times and they turn around and ohko you. It's much more infuriating than being out manoeuvred, beaten to the draw or flanked.

Dranakin

When people say the TTK is too low, do they mean the weapons are too strong, health too low, health regen time too long, or something else? I've never played the first one, so I'm not sure what I should be expecting.

Izuna

Banned
When people say the TTK is too low, do they mean the weapons are too strong, health too low, health regen time too long, or something else? I've never played the first one, so I'm not sure what I should be expecting.

maps and movement don't let you escape the way you used to be able to

the numbers aren't too far off the original

I mean, typically, in gun fights, the winner is the first one to aquire and hit their target. I hate games where you shoot someone in the back a bunch of times and they turn around and ohko you. It's much more infuriating than being out manoeuvred, beaten to the draw or flanked.

Well there's certainly a balance to it, and look at my avatar; I'm definitely biased. But there's a reason Halo encounters are so renowned; the firefights are about persistence and knowing when to do what throughout. It leads to variety within the firefight itself rather than the in-between parts. Titanfall 2 is fantastic at the in-between parts, but the actual (pilot) combat is over in a second. Some people like that and that's fine, but like I said there is a balance and I personally don't think Respawn have quite struck it.

E92 M3

Nah, it's not. Whether it be more accurate weapons, less recoil or more aim assist, something about TF2 makes it noticeably quicker to kill people on average. And I know about amped weapons, it's not that.

edit: a slightly longer kill time doesn't affect fast gameplay and smoothness that much. What it does do is simplify encounters and make weapon properties feel less unique.

edit 2: My feeling is that the reason Respawn did not implement a higher kill time or even keep it the same as TF1 is because it makes it harder for new or less skilled players. When ttk is faster, you'll sneak up on people out of luck and getting the first hit basically means you win (see every single COD). If they upped it, it would raise the skill ceiling and allow for the ambushed player to react. But that's what makes higher kill times so interesting; the ability to react via movement, abilities and precision over time.

I played both games extensively and the TTK is roughly the same. The game is already hard enough for new players, but once they learn how to play, escape is possible.

Is this able to be confirmed. I thought the same but then all thes TF1 vets started to complain so i watched some TF1 videos since i hadnt played it in a while. It still looks the same to me except guns like the hemlock and g2 got a much needed buff because they were outclassed in TF1. It really does look like the same TTK, to me, but you know people will protest this claim without proof.

As a TF1 vet I felt right at home with the TTK, except certain weapons got buffs which is okay.

Well there's certainly a balance to it, and look at my avatar; I'm definitely biased. But there's a reason Halo encounters are so renowned; the firefights are about persistence and knowing when to do what throughout. It leads to variety within the firefight itself rather than the in-between parts. Titanfall 2 is fantastic at the in-between parts, but the actual combat is over in a second. Some people like that and that's fine, but like I said there is a balance and I personally don't think Respawn have quite struck it.

I do not want anything close to Halo in Titanfall. We have Titan and Pilot gameplay options for a reason. I am VERY happy with the balance in this game. Even when I get mapped with a Hemlock lol. Gets me salty, but that's okay.

And between tacticals, ordnance and movement options you have plenty of opportunities to turn something in your favor unless you get totally outplayed. TTK feels perfect.

Reebot

maps and movement don't let you escape the way you used to be able to

the numbers aren't too far off the original

What he said.

Also, health is too low. I highly recommend you check out the first one, you'll understand immediately.

I do not want anything close to Halo in Titanfall. We have Titan and Pilot gameplay options for a reason. I am VERY happy with the balance in this game. Even when I get mapped with a Hemlock lol. Gets me salty, but that's okay.

I'm happy with the balance as well and I don't want Halo level ttk, I just personally feel like with the skillset that TF2 offers, a little something extra would go a long way in promoting movement and more options toward decision making. But I'm about to join a game this second so I'm obviously enjoying it very much.

Raising the TTK even a little bit would make this game so much better. COD has been slightly lowering the TTK for years and the gameplay suffers because of it.

You could actually react in Titanfall 1 upon getting shot by another player. In this game if you are hit, in most cases you are already dead. The floaty jump and the maps are part of the problem.

And between tacticals, ordnance, and movement options, you have plenty of opportunities to turn something in your favor unless you get totally outplayed. TTK feels perfect.
That's where im at. First few days, i thought ttk was far to quick. Now that I've gotten used to all my tools , i can survive quite a while. I have even had a match or two where I didn't die at all. I never stop moving. The fact that you can reload while doing pretty much any action , means you never have to stop. Soo many ways to escape or break sight lines

Titanfall 1 is still available to play.

Good luck finding people.

Anyway, I bought TF2 a couple days ago and I'm loving it, but man, the fact that I can't play Free For All because there's already no one playing it makes me sad.

Like the mechanics and the general feel of the guns and Titans, it blows my mind that people prefer Call of Duty over a more polished experience (worth noting the last CoD I played is Advanced Warfare) but I feel the progression system is WAY too thin.

I hope this picks over time, but sadly I feel it's gonna be buried in no time and I'll have to give up on it and go back to Overwatch.

TTK seems about the same to me. Unlike COD, you can survive a few shots to the back if you are able to flee well enough.

If you go out into open sightlines unprotected, expect to get blasted by some dude with a hemlok from across the map. Any other situation can be avoided thru movement or using your kit. Shit, even that can be avoided with Phase Shift. Grav stars are great for punishing thirsty players when you get away successfully.

Izuna

Banned
If you go out into open sightlines unprotected, expect to get blasted by some dude with a hemlok from across the map. Any other situation can be avoided thru movement or using your kit. Grav stars are great for punishing thirsty players when you get away successfully.

but the open is where all the ai are

:[

KodaRuss

This is harsh, but hearing that Respawn divided into 2 teams after Titanfall 1 explains a lot.

I'm not sure they T2 team really got what made the first game so wonderful.

Sorry you dont like it. Sounds like a lot of people are glad they didnt do a reskin of TF1.

What he said.

Also, health is too low. I highly recommend you check out the first one, you'll understand immediately.

Yup and Respawn specifically stated they wanted better "gunplay" in TF2 IE: longer shootouts because people went down too quick in TF1.
I think they did nail it here

Really, might have to try it. I was missing silencers. My archer is too dame good, im always hesitant to take a pistol

It's not a bad idea at the start of an AI mode, you can run around and get minion kills without worrying about getting shot in the back for the most part, then you can switch right as Titans start dropping in.

Top Bottom