• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Can anyone help clear up the GAF factions. I was accepted to TitanGAF per the OPs instructions. But I also see there is a GAF faction I joined during the beta that has a lot more active members. Is the GAF community split?

Also, I would love a few TF2 PSN friends. I don't have a ton of time to play (doing stuff preparing to be a new dad) but always appreciate some friendly company when I do.

Psn: crashnburn85

It's an exaggeration to say any of these games have lengthy shootouts.

You go down about as quick as you would in any Call of Duty game for both TF1 and TF2.

There is a difference. Just like there is difference between something like COD Ghosts and Advanced Warfare.

Now I wouldnt call the shootouts lengthy, but compared to Titanfall 2 you really did have some room to stay alive in Titanfall 1. Between your gun skill and how well you moved around while shooting the other player, you could stay alive a lot longer.

There was a huge difference between the top tier players and just an ok player when they were using the same gun.

I was wondering if anyone else ever got their preorder bonus. I just preordered the standard edition on bestbuy.com and picked it up In store. It was supposed to be that nitro scorch pack so it's nothing big, it still says pending on my Best Buy account page. Now I'm starting to see others here have similar issues.

That electricity orb anti titan weapon...sucks. Like how is this even a thing? No target lock. Slow as all hell. Minimal damage.
Now, if this thing did an arc cannon style damage to anything nearby as well a's the target I could get behind it.

Izuna

Banned
Especially since I love being a bumblebee, there's literally nothing left to unlock.

And my fav callsign doesn't show my Gen level

What silly UI choices...

MoonGred

Can Non-US countries get the skins from the mountain dew and Doritos specials? I don't think I've seen any TF2 advertised Doritos or dew in AU. Even though I don't use Ion that skin looks might fine!

BizzyBum

I think achievements in some way might have ruined games for me.

The fact you can't play a fantastic game because of lack of achievements makes it pretty obvious.

It was the same deal with Gears 4. The unlocks were trash and locked behind paywalls so people stopped playing, doesn't matter that the gameplay was awesome.

I feel like people nowadays just play games to unlock shit instead of playing because it's fun.

The other gripe I am having now is all the map hacks and sonar flying around.
Turn a corner and BAM, he was waiting for you....
(Miss the silenced weapons)

The other gripe I am having now is all the map hacks and sonar flying around.
Turn a corner and BAM, he was waiting for you....
(Miss the silenced weapons)

Map hack was already toned down a bit, it only pulses now when it was always on. I honestly haven't been bothered with it. They said they'd read feedback and adjust from there still.

The fact you can't play a fantastic game because of lack of achievements makes it pretty obvious.

It was the same deal with Gears 4. The unlocks were trash and locked behind paywalls so people stopped playing, doesn't matter that the gameplay was awesome.

I feel like people nowadays just play games to unlock shit instead of playing because it's fun.

I support this 100%. A lot of gamers now are weird, quitting games because of "nothing left to do."

I dumped probably over 1,000 hours into halo multi because it was FUN. nothing to unlock or work towards. Now I see a lot of people quit or get bored after hitting max rank in games and unlocking everything... Really strange to me.

I support this 100%. A lot of gamers now are weird, quitting games because of "nothing left to do."

I dumped probably over 1,000 hours into halo multi because it was FUN. nothing to unlock or work towards. Now I see a lot of people quit or get bored after hitting max rank in games and unlocking everything... Really strange to me.

I think that has to do with, partially, the amount of new games coming out each year. There are at least 3 big FPS releases a year now, so people blaze through what they perceive to be the content, i.e. unlocks and such, then move on the the next big thing. :p

jg4xchamp

Played some Titanfall 2 with sophism from the gaf network, pretty sure we won match 500-90, and the other team was trying. What is life?

deoee

Fuck even when you suck this game has so many nice moments :O

Also I need to get used to ADS, somehow I'm worse using it :D

Pics_nao

God I need this game but I cannot decide for my life if I want it on PS4 or PC. I'm never home to play on PS4 and I'd be playing it on a laptop which I don't think would run it well. Fuck man. Game looks so fun.

deoee

God I need this game but I cannot decide for my life if I want it on PS4 or PC. I'm never home to play on PS4 and I'd be playing it on a laptop which I don't think would run it well. Fuck man. Game looks so fun.

Some guy in here runs it on a Surface, so it SHOULD be possible :D

Reebot

Fuck even when you suck this game has so many nice moments :O

Also I need to get used to ADS, somehow I'm worse using it :D

You don't really need ADS and for many cases it can be less effective.

Unless you're rocking a Hemlock or are playing on Exoplanet or Crash.

deoee

You don't really need ADS and for many cases it can be less effective.

Unless you're rocking a Hemlock or are playing on Exoplanet or Crash.

Some maps have engages over ~50-150m, that's when I try to use ADS.
I only played like 1h of MP so I'm still learning and finding my weapons.

GRaider81

This game man, its just so good.

The mechanics set up some amazing scenarios. Playing as Stim and Ronin is just too much fun running around disrupting the enemy.

Im going to have to start using shadowplay as this game is just made for Gifs/clips etc

Izuna

Banned
Northstar is utter shite.

Hnn80Zh.gif

Reebot

Some maps have engages over ~50-150m, that's when I try to use ADS.
I only played like 1h of MP so I'm still learning and finding my weapons.

Even at those ranges, try not using ADS. I think you'll be surprised at how well it works, and you et to keep up your momentum.

Top Bottom