• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Ion is so satisfying to play when you begin to nail his gameplay. Netting quick succession double kills or collaterals with the laser is unbelievably satisfying.

I do wonder why I would ever use the splitter rifles secondary though? It doesn't deal enough damage to justify wanting to expend energy. For me, it's better to spend the energy on laser shots.

Also, it's a bit odd that Ion beats Tone in Sniper battles, no? While all the while being much more versatile. Shame about her design, it just doesn't work. Two laser shots and she's at half health, and it's not like any of these Titan's are hard to hit. Meanwhile, she risks getting her projectiles sent back at her. If you use double laser and throw back one of her sniper bullets, she's pretty much dead.

EL CUCO

Viper is the stupidest fucking boss on master. Bullshit artificial difficulty. How about designing your goddamn mechanics around your garbage difficulty mode, respawn. Bullshit.
Lol he is man. Super tough fight on Master If it makes you feel any better I died atleast 50 times and there's a
checkpoint at half health

Holy shite, Northstar's main gun with a full charged shot...that damage is gross. I love it. The only thing I don't like about her is her flight core. I feel like I'm setting myself up to be an easy target to pick out of the sky, so most of the time I just don't use it.

Holy shite, Northstar's main gun with a full charged shot...that damage is gross. I love it. The only thing I don't like about her is her flight core. I feel like I'm setting myself up to be an easy target to pick out of the sky, so most of the time I just don't use it.

North Star can be a monster. Folks are sleeping on her.

Okay. What am I doing wrong with executions? Seriously. Hold R3 behind them right? Works about 40% of the time. The other 60 is always a regular melee kill.

No Love

Banned
Ion is so satisfying to play when you begin to nail his gameplay. Netting quick succession double kills or collaterals with the laser is unbelievably satisfying.

I do wonder why I would ever use the splitter rifles secondary though? It doesn't deal enough damage to justify wanting to expend energy. For me, it's better to spend the energy on laser shots.

Also, it's a bit odd that Ion beats Tone in Sniper battles, no? While all the while being much more versatile. Shame about her design, it just doesn't work. Two laser shots and she's at half health, and it's not like any of these Titan's are hard to hit. Meanwhile, she risks getting her projectiles sent back at her. If you use double laser and throw back one of her sniper bullets, she's pretty much dead.

Ion is my favorite Titan by far. Owns Tone Legion and Northstar and Ronin so hard.

Am I the only one that feels like Titan melee range is sometimes a bit...reachy? I swear I get smothered into paste from melees at times that are good 2-titan steps away from me.

E92 M3

Had to enter carry mode for these randoms lol:

mLgSk48.png

Btw, Izuna, I didn't see you online.

JaMarco

I find the split laser shot to be really good at killing pilots trying to run away.

KodaRuss

Ion is my favorite Titan by far. Owns Tone Legion and Northstar and Ronin so hard.

A good Ion can be a huge difference maker in this game. I am usually using Tone and Ion can be just a pain in the ass to deal with at times. That damn laser core just melts my health bar if I am in it for longer than a second.

duxstar

Trying to use scorch and even though i have 60 ping some dudes are laggy as hell. Also whoever thought it was cool to make scorches thermite hit your own teammates when you shoot it and not go through them is not cool. Seriously ill be spamming an area, teammate runs in front of me and does nothing

Dranakin

Man, I can't decide between Tone, Northstar, or Legion. I keep switching between the three when I play Last Titan Standing.

Khal_B

Is anyone else playing on PC encountering hackers? Is there anyway to report them?

Last game, for instance, the guy's gun was zooming on me like a robot while I was running around inside of a building AND out of his sight and of course as I popped out of cover I died in an instant.

Thankfully we won the game and I called him out on it, but it's very annoying and frustrating to deal with. Especially when they end up taking the W.

Izuna

Banned
I guess i suck. I never hit pilots with that thing. Tips? Charge or no charge?

Go into an Attrition game on your own and practice killing Grunts while dodging I guess. It's hitscan so... it's as simple as aiming and shooting.

You can charge up and release when you line the pilot up, but you shouldn't need to if you simply track a Pilot.

Is anyone else playing on PC encountering hackers? Is there anyway to report them?

Last game, for instance, the guy's gun was zooming on me like a robot while I was running around inside of a building AND out of his sight and of course as I popped out of cover I died in an instant.

Thankfully we won the game and I called him out on it, but it's very annoying and frustrating to deal with. Especially when they end up taking the W.
Respawn folks posting here have been asking for information to be shared whenever you see someone who seems like they're hacking. Recorded video especially helps.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I had a great damn match last night on Crash Site. I don't know why people hate that map. I fucking love it.

Cwqt-cTUcAAXaEI.jpg

I'm really starting to get into Titanfall 2 now. Carried my entire team, lol.

spyder_ur

I love the multiplayer, but you get shot from behind sooo much in this game. I wish it has more pronounced radar or ways to get a better sense of where enemies might be. I realize movement and getting in those spots is a big piece of the game and that it will get better with map awareness, but it's really my only frustration with the MP at this point.

What's everyone's anti-Titan weapon? I unlocked the Lock-on rocket launcher earlier, but seems kind of underwhelming.

pompidu

Using any hovering with North star is like a bat signal to everyone to blow you out of the sky. Pretty pointless when you die immediately.

I love this game but there is an absurd amount of missteps everywhere.

-Wallhacking. Just remove all that shit, it's dumb.

-Can't stand in the bush without the game killing you, what fucking genius came up with that, just remove them. This includes tall buildings. WHY

-Some of the maps, my god. They figured to make one map that is the antithesis of this whole game.

-Lack of custom Titans.

I bought this game because of the positive reviews and the good things I was hearing about the campaign. While I think the campaign is pretty good (not as good as some are making it out to be), I'm having way more fun with the multiplayer than I thought I would.

I normally don't give half a crap about competitive multiplayer. Prior to this, the only two games I'd played more than a few competitive matches of were Halo 2 and Halo 4. But this is just way more fun than I had expected. I could see myself playing this for a while.

Top Bottom