• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Only thing wrong with Northstar is that the Flight Core seems to have a really long ttk relative to the other Titans' core abilities, and it leaves the most fragile Titan a sitting (well, hovering) duck while they're using it.
They should give Northstar the particle wall and Tone the trap.
No way, dude. Northstar's bread and butter is luring people into tether traps and then lighting them up with a Cluster missile while they're stuck.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I actually think they are. I have navigated to a screen that had some sort of daily challenges before... I don't remember where it was though

I believe they said they're adding challenges along with the stats update.

No Love

Banned

16 minutes of some blowhard repeating and spoonfeeding the same obvious statements that anybody with a brain can figure out on their own? Yeah.

I did appreciate the part where he acknowledged that EA only gives a fuck about target sales and not about crafting a product of quality to appeal to a small market. EA constantly pulls the plug on and fucks over developers and franchises and I fully expect them to do the same to Titanfall...

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Northstar is utter shite.

cfzTjkN.gif

16 minutes of some blowhard repeating and spoonfeeding the same obvious statements that anybody with a brain can figure out on their own? Yeah.

I did appreciate the part where he acknowledged that EA only gives a fuck about target sales and not about crafting a product of quality to appeal to a small market. EA constantly pulls the plug on and fucks over developers and franchises and I fully expect them to do the same to Titanfall...

It just doesn't make sense that they went and secured all the marketing tie ins during the busiest time of the year and kinda just let it die. It's like they planned TF2 to be the big release but then decided that Battlefield 1 was gonna be their big release instead

Dranakin

God, I hate reapers in attrition mode. I got stuck in front of two of MY TEAM reapers and couldn't retreat/reverse in my Titan, and died both times.

Reebot

No way, dude. Northstar's bread and butter is luring people into tether traps and then lighting them up with a Cluster missile while they're stuck.

I guess, doesn't really sit with the "long range sniper" vibe they clearly ascribe to him.

The particle wall fits his theme much better. It also has the benefit of nerfing Tone.

I think the Double Take might be my favorite sniper rifle ever. At least in single player. I'm playing on master difficulty and I'm on one of the last levels. And holy shit does this gun pack a punch. It's easy to handle and when it hits it feels like a close range shotgun, sending bad guys flying. And the sound on impact is so satisfying.

So what's the main mode people play? I got pretty good at bounty hunt (almost always first and score above 2000). But it doesn't feel like I'm that good. Objective of that mode is rarely to kill other players. It's more about efficient way to get rid of large groups of enemies and AI controlled titans... I'm still stuck in a mindset that I need a high K/D ration against other players to be considered good. :)

Gator86

God, I hate reapers in attrition mode. I got stuck in front of two of MY TEAM reapers and couldn't retreat/reverse in my Titan, and died both times.

Yup, it's absolutely ridiculous and should be removed immediately. The end of Attrition matches are fucking infuriating with all the reapers running around. I basically had two friendly ones drop directly top of on me which penned me in right as a Ronin walked up and nuked me in the face. Couldn't move at all.

Izuna

Banned
I think the Double Take might be my favorite sniper rifle ever. At least in single player. I'm playing on master difficulty and I'm on one of the last levels. And holy shit does this gun pack a punch. It's easy to handle and when it hits it feels like a close range shotgun, sending bad guys flying. And the sound on impact is so satisfying.

Yeah, it's incredible. It doesn't really work too well in MP though.

Reebot

So what's the main mode people play? I got pretty good at bounty hunt (almost always first and score above 2000). But it doesn't feel like I'm that good. Objective of that mode is rarely to kill other players. It's more about efficient way to get rid of large groups of enemies and AI controlled titans... I'm still stuck in a mindset that I need a high K/D ration against other players to be considered good. :)

I pretty much only play attrition and bounty, since they have AI.

I love Titanfall 2 and the multiplayer, but PVE Frontier Defense mode can't come soon enough. Getting a major itch to play that and think it would be an amazing fit for Titanfall 2.

Reebot

Scorch and Ronin have steep learning curves

Kind of. Really they just have dramatically inferior kits.

Tone, Legion, and Ion all have high DPS and survivability. They can pump out damage at any range and can engage multiple targets simultaneously. Scorch can sort of hang in that group, if the map has tight spaces, but the other two just aren't up to the task.

Also, because those 3 have such consistent and high damage outputs, they build meter extremely fast.

Just finished the campaign and it was really good. Though one thing that bothered me start to finish was the serviceable, more often than not non existent, resulting in very forgettable OST.

I look forward to playing through it again, though I wish there was a NG+ of sorts so I can
rock the smart pistol beyond the
final chapter.

Time to play some more MP, this game, if it better maps (which aren't horrible, just not great) would be one of the best MP games I've played because the controls and movement are so damn perfect.

Viper is the stupidest fucking boss on master. Bullshit artificial difficulty. How about designing your goddamn mechanics around your garbage difficulty mode, respawn. Bullshit.

E92 M3

I guess, doesn't really sit with the "long range sniper" vibe they clearly ascribe to him.

The particle wall fits his theme much better. It also has the benefit of nerfing Tone.

Tone doesn't need nerfing. Anyone that plays this game understands that. Knee jerk reactions don't deserve nerfs.

3DShovel

Viper is the stupidest fucking boss on master. Bullshit artificial difficulty. How about designing your goddamn mechanics around your garbage difficulty mode, respawn. Bullshit.

lol this sounds like rage quitting to me.

Game's still so good. So so pleased with what Respawn has delivered.

On PC version, binding boost and electric smoke to mousewheel down works in the UI, but doesn't work in game. Bug?
I think it's bugged. I tried to bind scroll down to Titan core which is also the same bind for calling in a Titan and changing AI mode and it doesn't work. It only doesn't work for Titan Core, calling in a Titan with scroll down works and so does changing AI mode. The UI even recognizes it like yours but it doesn't work.

I posted about it on the official forum basically since launch and no response from Respawn:
https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/...-mouse-bind-doesnt-work-for-titan-core#latest

Revas

I didn't care for this fight much either. The in-fight check point left me wide open for attack and it took me awhile to actually take him down. Viper just goes to show GOAT Northstar really is
if you know how to use her, and let your teammates soak up all the damage

Titanfall 2 shootouts make Titanfall 1 shootouts look like those long drawn out action sequences from Western movies.

Lren

Really enjoying Scorch at the moment. Can't seem to take down many pilots with the primary but holy crap is fighting other titans a blast.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of voices, if you set your system language to Japanese, this game suddenly gets a whole lot more anime.

I think I'll leave it like this for a while...lol

Top Bottom