• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Accidentally picked Tone in Complex. I ended up getting 255 points with 40 kills, and only lost my Titan at the very end of the round. Nothing's gonna fix Tone as long as the 40mm is so ridiculous against infantry.

Arrrammis

Accidentally picked Tone in Complex. I ended up getting 255 points with 40 kills, and only lost my Titan at the very end of the round. Nothing's gonna fix Tone as long as the 40mm is so ridiculous against infantry.

Agreed. IMO, They should just try removing splash damage from the 40 mm, or at least reducing it so that a shot that hits the ground 15 feet away from a pilot doesn't one-shot them. It's easy enough to kill pilots with when you hit them directly, splash damage just makes Tone a death sentence for any infantry at any range, much more so that any other titan. I'd say that there should be other nerfs, but I'm interested to see how removal of splash damage would change things.

Tuffty

It's been this long, how the fuck do people not know how to play Bounty Hunt by now? Seriously:

CzWj__3XAAAHW71.jpg

No excuse

Zemm

Tone is literal easy mode, the 40mm is one of the most ridiculous weapons I've ever seen in an FPS. You don't even need to aim them they are that big.

There's some seriously awful design decisions in this game, like "how the fuck did that even get through testing" type stuff.

renzolama

I agree with everything you said here except that part. Microsoft saved the first game pretty much and promoted it like it was their next Halo and Gears franchise.

Yeah, my language was misleading. I didn't mean to indicate that Microsoft had intentionally done wrong by the original Titanfall. I was referring to the fact that it was console exclusive on a platform that was underperforming vs the competition at the time, which probably limited the overall market penetration and sales performance relative to what a full cross platform launch could have achieved. No disrespect to MS, I'm sure they spent a lot of money making the original game happen, just bad luck that it happened to be the less successful console at the time.

Edit: And I guess that's not taking 360 sales into account, which might be a different story since that was the dominant FPS console of the previous generation?

deoee

Agreed. IMO, They should just try removing splash damage from the 40 mm, or at least reducing it so that a shot that hits the ground 15 feet away from a pilot doesn't one-shot them. It's easy enough to kill pilots with when you hit them directly, splash damage just makes Tone a death sentence for any infantry at any range, much more so that any other titan. I'd say that there should be other nerfs, but I'm interested to see how removal of splash damage would change things.

https://giant.gfycat.com/AlarmingFoolhardyIridescentshark.mp4

Zemm

I am done with this game for a while, can't fucking stand Tone and the 40mm combined with the shit maps anymore. It's no wonder the pop numbers for the game are shit, you can even see the free weekend got loads of people in and pretty much none stuck, wonder why?

robatw

i love this game but man. i hate tone. and i hate the titan killanimation. why am i not able to kill the titan who is executing my friend right next to me?

just lost a game because of that.

E92 M3

Tone is literal easy mode, the 40mm is one of the most ridiculous weapons I've ever seen in an FPS. You don't even need to aim them they are that big.

There's some seriously awful design decisions in this game, like "how the fuck did that even get through testing" type stuff.

One person provides anecdotal results that can be considered an outlier and the other is massively exaggerating.

We can't have a serious discussion when people just throw crazy stuff out there.

The average player can barely get 10 kills.

Zemm

If you don't think the 40mm is ridiculous vs pilots then I don't know what to say. Then again you thought MW2 was a balanced game so whatever really.

deoee

One person provides anecdotal results that can be considered an outlier and the other is massively exaggerating.

We can't have a serious discussion when people just throw crazy stuff out there.

Yeah but the general tone about Tone is correct. She has little drawbacks and can kill pilots easy and fast

SwolBro

Banned
I am done with this game for a while, can't fucking stand Tone and the 40mm combined with the shit maps anymore. It's no wonder the pop numbers for the game are shit, you can even see the free weekend got loads of people in and pretty much none stuck, wonder why?

Cool, OT2 should be a lot more positive in that case.
You sure about that? lol. My anger comes from a good place. I know what the game can be if the proper adjustments are made. That's all. But i get ya, toxicity is never a good thing. Walking into that NPD thread and watching the panic over the ps4 pro performance and everyone pivoting to "omg but microsoft may only hit 40mill world wide with the scorpio which shouldn't be included because it's so much more powerful than x1 wah wah wah wah" makes ya just want to quit gaming all together.

So, don't take my complaints as toxic shit. They're just random outbursts. I'm positive i've put more hours into this game than most of the people here besides maybe Bornstellar which is probably dead from a blood clot because he didn't get up to take a break and walk around.

E92 M3

If you don't think the 40mm is ridiculous vs pilots then I don't know what to say. Then again you thought MW2 was a balanced game so whatever really.

I play this game a lot and never considered the 40mm to be anything special (it's good, but not aimbot level like you make it out to be). In fact, Ronin is so much more lethal vs pilots. Also, MW2 was balanced by everything being OP and it was an EXTREMELY FUN game to play (all that matters).

One of the best multiplayer experiences ever.

If you don't like this game anymore, that's cool play something else, but don't make statements are simply not true.

Yeah but the general tone about Tone is correct. She has little drawbacks and can kill pilots easy and fast

I don't use Tone anymore, but from my experience, I haven't encountered a single tone that bothered me or I couldn't take out. People just refuse to adapt their strategy to the enemy. A tone on a battlefield should alter the player's movement. It's important to be cognizant of where the titans are in relation to the pilots.

I blame mistakes on myself, not the game. Tone has been nerfed significantly. I'd say Ion is a serious contender for best Titan.

E92 M3

Yeah I don't get the Tone hate when Legion's Smart Core exists. At least you have to fucking aim the 40MM.

Few refuse to take responsibility for their own downfall. I have nearly 5 days of gametime and have never had a tone make me rage. Why? Because I exploit her weaknesses.

If I were Respawn, I wouldn't even come here until the complaining over nothing subsides. We need more maps and QOL updates. Some weapons need to be buffed; Northstar needs to be buffed. Maybe add another bullet to Ronin's leadwall.

Talking about Tone is just a waste. She's been nerfed 2 times - enough is enough.

Okay so apparently the AIs are worth more than the pilots in Bounty Hunt, like ALOT more.

Because I did as poorly as I've always done against other players but somehow I contributed the highest points at the end of the game 0_o So now I learn to not worry so much about the bonus points and just try to get as many kills as I can.

KodaRuss

You can keep denying it all you want but Tone is still the easiest Titan to play as, has the best core ability, the best defensive ability and the easiest to kill Pilots with.

Anyone can beat a Tone but you cannot make any mistakes when you are 1v1 against her.

KodaRuss

Okay so apparently the AIs are worth more than the pilots in Bounty Hunt, like ALOT more.

Because I did as poorly as I've always done against other players but somehow I contributed the highest points at the end of the game 0_o So now I learn to not worry so much about the bonus points and just try to get as many kills as I can.

I only go for Pilot kills if they are in my way or I see that they have a large amount of cash on them. I get MVP almost ever game on bounty hunt.

E92 M3

You can keep denying it all you want but Tone is still the easiest Titan to play as, has the best core ability, the best defensive ability and the easiest to kill Pilots with.

Anyone can beat a Tone but you cannot make any mistakes when you are 1v1 against her.

Who cares if she's easy to play as? That's not a justification for more useless nerfs. Most players get a kill or 2 and die. Every fighting game has characters for beginners. And Ronin is the easiest to kill pilots with - by far.

Calderc

You sure about that? lol. My anger comes from a good place. I know what the game can be if the proper adjustments are made. That's all. But i get ya, toxicity is never a good thing. Walking into that NPD thread and watching the panic over the ps4 pro performance and everyone pivoting to "omg but microsoft may only hit 40mill world wide with the scorpio which shouldn't be included because it's so much more powerful than x1 wah wah wah wah" makes ya just want to quit gaming all together.

So, don't take my complaints as toxic shit. They're just random outbursts. I'm positive i've put more hours into this game than most of the people here besides maybe Bornstellar which is probably dead from a blood clot because he didn't get up to take a break and walk around.

It's why i've mostly stayed away from online gaming. You're either a cheat or a noob, there's no 'I'm high as fuck on my couch blasting some music and having a good time' middle ground. Everything in gaming is either the best or the worst thing ever made/thought of/designed, there's so much hyperbole around everything.

My love of Titanfall 1 made me think i would actually get involved in the community with 2, but nah, it's still mostly the same bullshit you get everywhere. I'm too old for that shit and i'm 29 FFS.

That wasn't aimed at you btw, just something I've wanted off my chest for while.

Izuna

Banned

Pilots are worth $10 + 50% of what they are holding.

Each spawn is worth $500 credits and $500 bonus

You can't win by killing Pilots, even if you kill them twice before they reach the bank.

jeffc919

I'm not getting the Tone one shot splash damage thing. I have Tone to Gen 9 and my experience is that anything but a direct hit on a pilot (or even a minion) takes multiple hits to kill. I've had too many times to count where I've hit the ground or a wall just next to an escaping pilot over and over again and they get away with a sliver of health.

E92 M3

It's why i've mostly stayed away from online gaming. You're either a cheat or a noob, there's no 'I'm high as fuck on my couch blasting some music and having a good time' middle ground. Everything in gaming is either the best or the worst thing ever made/thought of/designed, there's so much hyperbole around everything.

My love of Titanfall 1 made me think i would actually get involved in the community with 2, but nah, it's still mostly the same bullshit you get everywhere. I'm too old for that shit and i'm 29 FFS.

That wasn't aimed at you btw, just something I've wanted off my chest for while.

Pretty much the truth.

I'm not getting the Tone one shot splash damage thing. I have Tone to Gen 9 and my experience is that anything but a direct hit on a pilot (or even a minion) takes multiple hits to kill. I've had too many times to count where I've hit the ground or a wall just next to an escaping pilot over and over again and they get away with a sliver of health.

It's easier to say she has aimhacks and her gun is a nuclear weapon.

Zemm

Who cares if she's easy to play as? That's not a justification for more useless nerfs. Most players get a kill or 2 and die. Every fighting game has characters for beginners. And Ronin is the easiest to kill pilots with - by far.

No he's not, Ronin takes far more skill to actually kill Pilots. yes he can kill a lot when played well, but nothing is as easy as sitting back and turtling as a Tone and picking off pilots with her treetunk sized ammo.

You know why I don't get annoyed when i get killed by Ronin? Because he requires an ounce of skill. You know why I get annoyed when getting killed by Tone? because her 40mm is a fucking joke that a blind person could get kills with it if they sit in a corner and just press the fire button.

E92 M3

No he's not, Ronin takes far more skill to actually kill Pilots. yes he can kill a lot when played well, but nothing is as easy as sitting back and turtling as a Tone and picking off pilots with her treetunk sized ammo.

You know why I don't get annoyed when i get killed by Ronin? Because he requires an ounce of skill. You know why I get annoyed when getting killed by Tone? because her 40mm is a fucking joke that a blind person could get kills with it if they sit in a corner and just press the fire button.

I have Tone at Gen 23 and moved to Ronin and with him, I just massacre pilots (35-40 kills a game). Maybe I am weird, but it required a lot more effort with Tone than Ronin.

Btw, they nerfed the accuracy of the 40mm.

Nah, that would be too much fun.

They're all about fun! :D

I play this game a lot and never considered the 40mm to be anything special (it's good, but not aimbot level like you make it out to be). In fact, Ronin is so much more lethal vs pilots. Also, MW2 was balanced by everything being OP and it was an EXTREMELY FUN game to play (all that matters).

One of the best multiplayer experiences ever.

If you don't like this game anymore, that's cool play something else, but don't make statements are simply not true.

I don't use Tone anymore, but from my experience, I haven't encountered a single tone that bothered me or I couldn't take out. People just refuse to adapt their strategy to the enemy. A tone on a battlefield should alter the player's movement. It's important to be cognizant of where the titans are in relation to the pilots.

I blame mistakes on myself, not the game. Tone has been nerfed significantly. I'd say Ion is a serious contender for best Titan.

I don't understand this "mw2 is balanced because everything is op" argument

KodaRuss

If we are talking Pilots that morons and deserve to die then yes Ronin is perfect for cleaning up Pilots that like to run around on the ground against a Titan. If I am on the ground close to a Ronin I am expecting I will not make it out of the battle alive. Tone can take you out when you think you are pretty safe from any other Titan except for Ions laser, minus the splash damage :).

As for my other points there is no counter. Best Core, best defensive ability. She is great from mid range/long range and she can handle herself better than Ion, Legion and Northstar at close range.

Izuna

Banned
If we post at this rate, we should have OT2 by like 11AM GMT!

If we failed to meet that target, I'm posting anyway. Good news is that I can sleep. Don't do crazy while I'm asleep!
or do

deoee

If we post at this rate, we should have OT2 by like 11AM GMT!

If we failed to meet that target, I'm posting anyway. Good news is that I can sleep. Don't do crazy while I'm asleep!
or do

Don't sleep or Tone will come in your dreams

E92 M3

I don't understand this "mw2 is balanced because everything is op" argument

Everything was viable and people could succeed how they want. How is that not balanced?

If we are talking Pilots that morons and deserve to die then yes Ronin is perfect for cleaning up Pilots that like to run around on the ground against a Titan. If I am on the ground close to a Ronin I am expecting I will not make it out of the battle alive. Tone can take you out when you think you are pretty safe from any other Titan except for Ions laser, minus the splash damage :).

As for my other points there is no counter. Best Core, best defensive ability. She is great from mid range/long range and she can handle herself better than Ion, Legion and Northstar at close range.

Honestly, I've never been killed by a mysterious that I didn't know was there. If I died, it's because of getting greedy or making a mistake with my movement. Normally, I throw an arc grenade at here if I need to do a large crossing. Tone is a noob magnet - a titan that lets the beginners feel like they are contributing. In reality, the veteran players do work with whichever Titan they like.

So? Just shows how stupid she was before the nerf when she's still like this.

I respectfully disagree.

Top Bottom