• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

SwolBro

Banned
It might be a bad way to play something like Attrition but when you learn to predict spawns that stops being so. I can hop towards the other side of the field, kill the enemy team and then anticipate their respawn point, most of the time. Pilot vs pilot is valuable in this regard, because it shows you the enemy spawn points and those also transfer to attrition.
Spawn camping sucks and should be avoided by developers at all costs. It may be ok in a competitive match since people know how to break spawns but in a PUB match it's a sure fire way to make people quit.

This wasn't an issue in attrition in Titanfall 1. The maps were designed in such a way where it wasn't so easy to spawn camp. There were maybe 2 or 3 maps where real spawn camping was a thing (angel city, smugglers cove, demeter) and i only remember those because they were prominent in competitive CTF.

It just hit way too close to home.

I know it's a different game, but I always appreciated the fact there wasn't a meta. I don't want TF2 to have DOMINANT meta.

All things considered, I am enjoying the fuck out of this game. I play on 2 consoles now if that says anything.
Ever play ShadowRun on 360? It was the most balanced FPS i've ever played in my life. You can have everything be viable without things being obnoxiously overpowered. Metas will always happen, but if a game is balanced then another meta can break it.

Range weapons being too powerful in a game focused on movement is an obvious issue you don't think? The alternator in it's current form is a fun, effective weapon, only powerful in the hands of a crazy mobile player. If someone says "omg this gun is op because you can tap it and be so accurate with it" Right, but you need to know how to fire it, and you still need to be hella mobile. Following me here?

It's toxic as fuck, and honestly this OT is unfun to post in. I'll give the files for OT2 in a bit but I'm honestly just done.

Someone is moody today =D

take a breather, come back in a few hours lol

Spawn camping sucks and should be avoided by developers at all costs. It may be ok in a competitive match since people know how to break spawns but in a PUB match it's a sure fire way to make people quit.

This wasn't an issue in attrition in Titanfall 1. The maps were designed in such a way where it wasn't so easy to spawn camp. There were maybe 2 or 3 maps where real spawn camping was a thing (angel city, smugglers cove, demeter) and i only remember those because they were prominent in competitive CTF.

Ever play ShadowRun on 360? It was the most balanced FPS i've ever played in my life. You can have everything be viable without things being obnoxiously overpowered. Metas will always happen, but if a game is balanced then another meta can break it.

Range weapons being too powerful in a game focused on movement is an obvious issue you don't think? The alternator in it's current form is a fun, effective weapon, only powerful in the hands of a crazy mobile player. If someone says "omg this gun is op because you can tap it and be so accurate with it" Right, but you need to know how to fire it, and you still need to be hella mobile. Following me here?

Someone is moody today =D

take a breather, come back in a few hours lol
Wish i tried shadowrun. OG Tlou mp was also well balanced, imo.

SwolBro

Banned
Wish i tried shadowrun. OG Tlou mp was also well balanced, imo.

you probably can. there's a few insanely and i mean insanely dedicated pc/360 players still on it i believe. lol

i can't for the life of me understand why Microsoft didn't have this as a backwards compatible game.

you probably can. there's a few insanely and i mean insanely dedicated pc/360 players still on it i believe. lol

i can't for the life of me understand why Microsoft didn't have this as a backwards compatible game.
I gave my 360 away, just like my ONE :(i will definitely check out vids though. Been playing a lot of pvp in mixtape and i feel your turret and hemlock pain. Still not an issue most other modes but i hate being forced to use hemlok. I like the idea of slower bursts or more time between bursts and less auto aim. Turrets arent an issue unless there are a ton up. Maybe the could make 3 or for the limit or get rid of stacking and increase activation cost? The Devo 2 bullet kill can be annoying too. It needs accuracy adjustment in the initial spinup. Maybe make it more accurate the longer you fire. Tap firing it is wowowow

KodaRuss

I was playing attrition yesterday and a gen 9 dude did this.

I was about *this* close to uninstalling the game and selling my copy. The most frustrating thing in ages. We could not exit spawn, locked in the open side of Drydock. 1-2 pilot sentries on the building roof + this one guy just destroying everyone on top of the containers.. Absolute bullshit. It's completely fucked up the game even matches players with under 100 games with people who are Regeneration 9.

I have seen this before on Attrition. It doesnt happen all the time but it is terrible when it does. Kinda why I dont play much attrition right now.

Bounty Hunt is the better mode. No need to play Attrition imo.

Zemm

The worst spawn camping I've experienced was in Crash Site. It was brutal. I loathe that map.

Every time I think of logging in I remember how many times I'm going to have to play crash site and decide not to. I've never seen as bad a map in any fps I've played, it doesn't even matter if you win, there's no fun there. Playing some Mad Max now and might play some Overwatch again.

deoee

I'm stopping reading the OT, you guys are circlejerking way too much and writing the same complains and hyperboles since the last 50 pages.
I feel like this is carrying over to my mood to play and that's shite.

Will take a look in OT2 again

SwolBro

Banned
to be fair they've somewhat improved the spawns in complex and crash site. less spawn camping unless you deliberately choose to keep going in the same direction to get spawn camped.

I'm stopping reading the OT, you guys are circlejerking way too much and writing the same complains and hyperboles since the last 50 pages.
I feel like this is carrying over to my mood to play and that's shite.

Will take a look in OT2 again
i agree. we've aired our grievances enough. they've been heard. lets move on .

Can we get a feature where if we drop all our titans at the exact same time, the form up into a mega titan, a la power rangers
No takers??? Think about the possibilities. It would be badass if you could only do it if you had one of each titan to promote diversity and you all had to meet in same spot and drop at same time. Think about the teamwork. If would be a huge/easy target but each player controlled an aspect of their titan. Ronin player in charge of movement, smoke and phase. Tone player in charge of sonar and shields. Northstar uses rail gun and traps and hover, Ion controls laser beam, legion controls chaingun and scorch fires thermite from mega titan's stomach . Each player builds own meter which has to be activated in unison and if this super core sequence is done improperly everyone dies.

Zemm

People are being way too precious.

It's 20,000 posts in, there isn't going to be much talk other than people coming in to vent after a session, or E92 talking about how amazing everything is.

If they had good maps I feel like that would fix a lot of people's issues.

deoee

People are being way too precious.

It's 20,000 posts in, there isn't going to be much talk other than people coming in to vent after a session, or E92 talking about how amazing everything is.

If they had good maps I feel like that would fix a lot of people's issues.

It's not like that, I mean, I "endured" it now for several days already. I just feel like reading the same sentence every day but the topic changing weekly.

I think OT2 in gaming (hopfeully) will get us more people in here so I can read new complains. :D

Zemm

That Ronin thing reminds me, did they ever fix the fps bug with Ion where the more fps you had the shorter her vortex shield lasted?

Jito

Banned
Sure, same here, I use Northstar. Doesn't stop the fact that Tone is "the best" Titan. The person asked for tips... I don't understand the point of your comment.

Edit:

You know what? Forget it.

I'm sick of every post being met with a contrarian for the fucking sake of it.

Seriously, literally every time I feel like posting either an impression, or a comparison, it's met with "oh well you know, I can spawn trap so derp". So what?

It's pointless, I'm leaving clear footnotes in posts to say that they're just preferences.

It's toxic as fuck, and honestly this OT is unfun to post in. I'll give the files for OT2 in a bit but I'm honestly just done.

Wow talk about an over reaction, cool your jets man. If anything though what's toxic to the community is people saying that the only way to play is using this and that and you'll do poorly with anything else. Sorry I hit a nerve with you but I'm tired of people crying about tone and hemlock in here.

Can we get a feature where if we drop all our titans at the exact same time, the form up into a mega titan, a la power rangers
No takers??? Think about the possibilities. It would be badass if you could only do it if you had one of each titan to promote diversity and you all had to meet in same spot and drop at same time. Think about the teamwork. If would be a huge/easy target but each player controlled an aspect of their titan. Ronin player in charge of movement, smoke and phase. Tone player in charge of sonar and shields. Northstar uses rail gun and traps and hover, Ion controls laser beam, legion controls chaingun and scorch fires thermite from mega titan's stomach . Each player builds own meter which has to be activated in unison and if this super core sequence is done improperly everyone dies.
Anyone??? I guess it's not negative enough :(

KodaRuss

I don't think I've ever done this before. Enemy pilot hitching a ride on a titan dooms my titan with an MGL and I manage to land a perfectly cooked grenade on his head during ejection.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LiquidJM/video/24465840

Edit : lol @ trying to engage a Tone and pilot with MGL. Should probably take it easy on the whisky when I play this game

Nice little payback for him. I would ride other Titans more often but it seems like I get picked off pretty easy when I do.

I bet Rayme has already pitched that idea, considering he's sporting a Voltron avatar. lol

I always thought animal mechs would be great

Imagine a spider mech that can climb buildings. Smaller than normal titans but can climb buildings

Or a titan that looks like the digimon armadillomon and dig his way under maps for flanks :p

So this might be dumb, but what determines how much your Titan levels up after a match? Is it kills? Is it how much you use it on objective based modes?

I ask because for some reason, my level progression between Titans seems off, especially with Northstar. Right now, I have Ronin, Ion, and Northstar all at gen 4. The problem is that it took me close to 8 hours to get there for Northstar while only a little over 5 hours for Ion and Ronin.

I checked my kill count for each Titan, and Northstar has the most kills at 675 (vs. 560 and 440 for the other two). The only thing I can why she's taking so long to level is because she has less titan kills. I've killed 139 titans with her versus around 180 for Ronin and Ion. Is that why?

KodaRuss

So this might be dumb, but what determines how much your Titan levels up after a match? Is it kills? Is it how much you use it on objective based modes?

I ask because for some reason, my level progression between Titans seems off, especially with Northstar. Right now, I have Ronin, Ion, and Northstar all at gen 4. The problem is that it took me close to 8 hours to get there for Northstar while only a little over 5 hours for Ion and Ronin.

I checked my kill count for each Titan, and Northstar has the most kills at 675 (vs. 560 and 440 for the other two). The only thing I can why she's taking so long to level is because she has less titan kills. I've killed 139 titans with her versus around 180 for Ronin and Ion. Is that why?

Have you played much LTS with any of them? I leveled up a lot faster in LTS than anything else I believe.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Ronin is pretty fun to play even though I kinda suck with him right now. One arc wave kills Tone's particle wall immediately and though you don't get points for that it can help your team win. And he is a pilot / grunt killing mofo.

So right now I'm playing Scorch, Tone, and Ronin.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I always thought animal mechs would be great

Imagine a spider mech that can climb buildings. Smaller than normal titans but can climb buildings

Or a titan that looks like the digimon armadillomon and dig his way under maps for flanks :p

Your post reminded me that Horizon Zero Dawn is releasing in a few months and now I'm happy :D

ACE 1991

Man, I am so enamored with this game. I haven't been truly hooked by a competitive shooter like this since Halo 3 and Cod4 back in my high school days.

SwolBro

Banned
um... is anyone having issues? my games have been really laggy this morning and i just noticed my network tests are showing erratic upload speeds and packet loss. yet, everywhere else my internet is fine.. laptops, phones, etc.

is something going on with live?

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
um... is anyone having issues? my games have been really laggy this morning and i just noticed my network tests are showing erratic upload speeds and packet loss. yet, everywhere else my internet is fine.. laptops, phones, etc.

is something going on with live?

yeah, I have had some bad lag too. Keep getting killed after phase shifting and some frustrating 1v1 situations as well. Hope it gets sorted before I get home later

Tomeru

For those of you playing on console, how are your turning speed/ads set? Did you change any other setting? Is there something specific that is recommended regarding the controls (besides using evolved preset)?

Haha this sounds awesome!

Finally jumped into the Colisuem today(PS4).

I have no idea why I waited so long. It feels like I'm play UT2K4 all over again. Respawn knows how to make fun games.

I've also been playing Ronin now that I got Scorch to Gen10. He's so much fun. It's amazing how many pilots don't realize how good his sword is. Also, Nuclear Eject is only BS when it's used against me. /s

Calderc

For those of you playing on console, how are your turning speed/ads set? Did you change any other setting? Is there something specific that is recommended regarding the controls (besides using evolved preset)?

I've upped my ADS sensitivity but I'm afraid my Xbox will blow up if i tweak the others. Waaaaay over my head.

Alx

I'm not really the kind of player complaining about Tone balance, but it's really the most boring titan to play with and against. Thoom-thoom-thoom-thoom... Ugh.

I'm starting to get the R97. I had trouble doing anything with it until now, but shooting in very short bursts seems to be very effective.

The Softball Grenade Launcher is great, blowing everything up and has decent power against Titans.

It's like Respawn made the Black Ops 2 War Machine a primary.

HelloMeow

yeah, I have had some bad lag too. Keep getting killed after phase shifting and some frustrating 1v1 situations as well. Hope it gets sorted before I get home later

The game has been like that for me since launch. I might as well be playing with 200 ping, even though supposedly it's around 40.

Top Bottom