• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU2 Has Been BANNED in the Middle East

Moses85

Islam is right about TLoU2

Islam is always right.

giphy.gif

oagboghi2

Its not like the left are pro freedom of speech ethier .. id rather be ruled by religion over being ruled by some lefty
luanatic who want to educate 6 years old about gay sex and advocating for satanic shit like trans kids .. say
what you want about islam but at least we dont advocate for hormonal therapy/geneital choping for kids .. and pls
dont talk about girls unerage marrage in isalm because its banned in all ME countries including saudi arabia ..
Don't talk about because it happens and you can't defend it 🙄

Eliciel

Is this the kind of future youre looking for

jCnKggW.jpg

I actually agree with you, i think this will be an absolute important corner stone of our society

I am not looking for anything to be honest, but do you have a job and if yes, do you have eyes and can observe what is actually happening? :)

ANIMAL1975

Very kind of you, bro. By the way, Portuguese invaded north of Oman for 135 years in 1515 AD :lollipop_tears_of_joy: Muscat, the capital, is still named after the Portuguese wine grapes, or Muscat grapes, I think:goog_unsure:
Hmmm moscatel wine!

We are crazy bro... we were always invading stuff before they made the UN 😂

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Ah, yes. The shithole desert people that stubbornly cling on to the 7th century like it's going to end tomorrow. I'm pretty sure they banned fun outright a long time ago.

No we have fun there and we live in a wonderful place .. but we don’t accept disgusting acts that’s all

your Hate speech about desert people.. even here ( in Middle East ) we have an assholes who just say what you said and spread hate words about you and your country in many ways ,so judging a nation for a game being banned ! That’s so stupid

Last edited:

Riven326

Banned
No we have fun there and we live in a wonderful place .. but we don’t accept disgusting acts that’s all

your Hate speech about desert people.. even here ( in Middle East ) we have an assholes who just say what you said and spread hate words about you and your country in many ways ,so judging a nation for a game being banned ! That’s so stupid
Disgusting acts.

And then you proceed to lecture me about hate speech. Lol.

How surprising !!!
I m shocked that middle age religious dictatorships did so.
Morons.
Note : i worked in Saudi Arabia for a contract so know first hand what i m talking about...

Reactions: eot

Riven326

Banned
I don’t hate the people.. I hate the act

So there is a difference between one asshole who judge a whole nation and another man who refuses an act .. got it ?
Right. So because you and others don't like it, that means it should be banned? This is what happens when you adopt theocracy. The fundamentalist Christians try to do the same here. Thankfully we have a Constitution that prevents any kind of theocratic government from ever existing.

One might wonder, and take your time because I know this might come as a shock, but one might wonder why you authoritarian losers can't just... not play the game?

CobraXT

Banned
Ah, yes. The shithole desert people that stubbornly cling on to the 7th century like it's going to end tomorrow. I'm pretty sure they banned fun outright a long time ago.

its just a game .. why are you so mad ? what difference does it make to you if they allow it or ban it here ? they are banning ton of games in germany and australia .. dose this make them 7th century backward people ..

Lloyd22

just use a US account, buy the game, Done, no big deal, i think most of the middle east has secondary US account.

Which country are you from ?

Riven326

Banned
its just a game .. why are you so mad ? what difference does it make to you if they allow it or ban it here ? they are banning ton of games in germany and australia .. dose this make them 7th century backward people ..
Did Germany and Australia ban this game on the grounds that it has gay characters?

And I'll tell you why it bothers me. Because gay people are routinely harassed and even killed in these backwards Middle eastern countries. Banning video games that contain this material doesn't allow the culture to move forward. It encourages stagnation and the continued persecution of anything that isn't considered normal.

SALMORE

it will be like GTA V , only the big mall stores like Virgin & Carefour will banned it !! small street stores will sell it with no issue

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Right. So because you and others don't like it, that means it should be banned? This is what happens when you adopt theocracy. The fundamentalist Christians try to do the same here. Thankfully we have a Constitution that prevents any kind of theocratic government from ever existing.

One might wonder, and take your time because I know this might come as a shock, but one might wonder why you authoritarian losers can't just... not play the game?

Btw I already purchased the game form my US account.. and this shit talk I’m not going there with you because it’s so stupid

just understand my last point without making useless branches

Kerotan

That will just boost digital sales.

I have a USA account where I buy games and I can play them on my regular account. I'm sure many in the ME do the same to bypass these archaic laws.

Casanova

Where's the dudes saying that gay and lesbian inclusivity is NOT why so many are up in arms about this thing. That argument is pretty damn moot when entire regions of the world ban the game because it includes a lesbian protagonist.

dcll

Banned
I can't wait for the day that the sjw/left and Islam finally to go at it, it will have to happen eventually

Before any hot takes we should recognize that this is just par for the course. Right? Those territories are know to have a rich and vibrant black market as many things, including music, tv shows, and movies are known to be banned but are still consumed in and by that territory.

Imagine a video game being akin to cocaine, legally.

ERep3SHl.png

EDIT
A fellow gamer based in the middle eastern region provides some perspective that I thought was worth adding:

giphy.gif

Game is full LGBT stuff. So it was bound to happen

The merger of the less 'liberal' cultures with the Western global culture... all part of the plan.
First you make people aware of the hypocrisy of SJWs. ;)
NWO

Woggleman

It was a decade ago that favoring gay marriage was a very controversial position to take for a politician. It was only a few decades ago that anti-sodomy laws were being debated so us in the west still have a way to go.

Unsurprising turn of events.

Its not like the left are pro freedom of speech ethier .. id rather be ruled by religion over being ruled by some lefty
luanatic who want to educate 6 years old about gay sex and advocating for satanic shit like trans kids .. say
what you want about islam but at least we dont advocate for hormonal therapy/geneital choping for kids .. and pls
dont talk about girls unerage marrage in isalm because its banned in all ME countries including saudi arabia ..

Yeah...about six-year old girls...and the supposedly divinely-inspired prophet....
A considerable number of Muslims believe Aisha was married to Muhammad at the age of 6. The marriage was consummated when she was nine.

The thing is this left and right have nothing to do with Middle-East. It's your war not ours.
Let us not forget Middle-east did not ban the game it was Sony who decided not to release the game over here. Middle-east isn't a country nor all Middle-easterners are Muslims and not all Muslims have problems with gay people.

Yes, but...
....any theist from the Abrahamic traditions, be it Jews, Christians or Muslims, who doesn't "have a problem" with homosexuality does so in complete defiance of scripture.

I don’t hate the people.. I hate the act

So there is a difference between one asshole who judge a whole nation and another man who refuses an act .. got it ?

"For condemning my friend, Stephen Fry, for his nature. For saying, “You couldn’t be a member of our Church, you’re born in sin.” There’s a revolting piece of casuistry that’s sometimes offered on this point. “Yeah, we hate the sin only. We love the sinner”. Stephen is, I’m sorry to say, not quite like other girls. It’s his nature. Actually, he is like other girls, in that he’s, when I last checked, absolutely boy-mad. He’s not being condemned for what he does, he’s being condemned for who he is. You’re a child made in the image of God. Oh no you’re not, you’re faggot! And you can’t join our Church and you can’t go to heaven. This is disgraceful, it’s inhuman, it’s obscene, and it comes from a clutch of hysterical, sinister virgins who have already betrayed their charge in the children of their own Church."
By Christopher Hitchens

Where's the dudes saying that gay and lesbian inclusivity is NOT why so many are up in arms about this thing. That argument is pretty damn moot when entire regions of the world ban the game because it includes a lesbian protagonist.

Yes, what happens in region X of the globe is necessarily evidence for what happens in region Z of the globe.
You're up to your usual standards.

Casanova

Yes, what happens in region X of the globe is necessarily evidence for what happens in region Z of the globe.

Well, you can't just write it off as non-evidence. Middle East applies when considering the gaming population as a whole. I never explicitly said that I was referring to only western regions of the world.

SALMORE

Don't say all muslims believes that she's 6 ! these allegations came after the death of the prophet from some old scholars who claims that their " fathers " told them that , there's also a lot of others scholars who said that she was 17 & and they have a proof

benjohn

Unsurprising turn of events.

Yeah...about six-year old girls...and the supposedly divinely-inspired prophet....
A considerable number of Muslims believe Aisha was married to Muhammad at the age of 6. The marriage was consummated when she was nine.

Yes, but...
....any theist from the Abrahamic traditions, be it Jews, Christians or Muslims, who doesn't "have a problem" with homosexuality does so in complete defiance of scripture.

By Christopher Hitchens

As I'm not a Muslim myself I'm not in the position to talk on their behalf. But as a person who lives in a Muslim majority country I can say that 99 percent of Muslims are just living their lives minding their own business. Some may have a conversation about homosexuality or even express strong opinions about it but that's it. It pains me when Muslims are accused of something that some lunatics do.

The nature of the conversation in Middle-East is so different than in the west though. In Middle-East it's purely religious but in the west it's political. That's why I'm baffled by some comments here. Some people see things politically. terms like: alt-right, regressive left etc do not mean anything to average Middle-Easterner. We have our own politics, difficulties. opinions.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom