• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today in glasshouse news: Trump challenged Tillerson to "compare IQ tests"

Addi

Trump is the exact sort of uneducated idiot who thinks IQ tests are literally magic "smartness tests".

and when he actually loses the competition it's "all about EQ, I'm the art of deal, people love me, that's why I'm the president, people don't like nerds. sad."

I can so vividly imagine Trump throwing a temper tantrum a few questions into the test that it's "unfair" and "biased."

frvaKzA.gif

Ithil

Let Trump be a lesson.

No matter how little you study, how unintelligent you sound, how you dare never read more than a page. LET NO MAN TELL YOU THAT YOUR SUCCESS IS LIMITED!

As long as you're born to a millionaire crooked father with tons of business connections.

FStubbs

Asia Carerra has an IQ of 161. She used that intelligence to make a lot of money sucking GAF sized phallus.

So even if Trump has a high IQ, it's meaningless to what he's done with it in life.

Obviously he's the stupidest president of our lifetime, probably the stupidest current world leader, but it'd be interesting to see him display in quantitative rather than qualitative form just how stupid he really is.

One would assume that his SAT or ACT scores would exist somewhere since he went to universities which accept them. Not that they'd figure big into the admission of a multimillionaire's grandson but...

MarionCB

I genuinely do not believe Trump could complete an IQ test unless it was a multiple choice one (ie. multiple guess for him). Not just that he'd get a low score; he would get zero if he had to write out solutions to problems.

What I would like to see is him having to write an essay under test conditions. A simple 1000 words on any topic as long as it has a coherent and logical argument. He can't even manage to remain coherent for a 140 character tweet, I am certain he would give up after one paragraph. This is my firm assessment of the current leader of the United States of America.

Hollycat

There's a non-zero chance Trump thinks IQ tests are scored on a 100-point scale.
Its why he thinks his 95 is so darn impressive :p

It would be pretty funny if he took Mensa up on their offer and they revealed it publicly.

For the record; IQ tests are pretty much meaningless. They can can tell a bit about your critical thinking and reactivity to information but beyond that they aren't perfect "smartness" tests.

I really do think he has below average intelligenve. As in somewhere south of 100. The average shmuck off the street is probably more intelligent than him.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
"I have the best IQ. The greatest in fact. Well above five digits. You can see my IQ results as soon as the IRS is done with my audit."

;/

what the heck

17 x 2 = 34 + 17 = 51 x 2. it's easy

Even with my average af Math.

EDIT: YouTube commenter just showed me a method I'm sad that I didn't learn at school ;/
I would either do

(10 * 6) + (7 * 6) = 60 + 42 = 102

or

20 * 6 - 3 * 6 = 120 - 18 = 102

It's clear none of them had to work a cash register, and they all must have struggled mightily with university math. I love Trump's confidence, though. The answer is 112, no hesitation.

I genuinely do not believe Trump could complete an IQ test unless it was a multiple choice one (ie. multiple guess for him). Not just that he'd get a low score; he would get zero if he had to write out solutions to problems.

What I would like to see is him having to write an essay under test conditions. A simple 1000 words on any topic as long as it has a coherent and logical argument. He can't even manage to remain coherent for a 140 character tweet, I am certain he would give up after one paragraph. This is my firm assessment of the current leader of the United States of America.
There is very little writing in IQ tests.

It's mainly verbal (tester reads a series of numbers out, you have to repeat them backwards; tester asks you what the circumference of the earth is; tester asks you how a pirate and a businessman are similar, etc.) and spatial (here's a picture of some blocks -- now use your hands to assemble these blocks so they match the picture while I time you). Sometimes there will be a written portion that consists of basic maths and spelling. There are also searching exercises where you have to scan letters or a paragraph and look for/count certain items -- you have a pencil here as well.

Trump is definitely in the average range. There's nothing exceptional about him as far as I can tell. I'd guess most other US presidents are at least 1 SD above the norm. In terms of general knowledge, the average US president is likely off the charts. I've had my IQ tested, and I was in the 99th percentile for general knowledge (if only my overall IQ was 99th percentile). Trust me, the questions were very easy.

Chumly

Could we have them both take the ACT and SAT as well? That could be a good measure for colleges. If your dumber than trump you can't get in.

Seriously though how can we make this happen. I would love to see him take on tillerson

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I don't understand why you're all so hung up on President Trump's IQ. It's clear to me that as a successful businessman and a great President who has achieved so much in such a short space of time that if he were to take an IQ test he would score a perfect 10.

Top Bottom