• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today in glasshouse news: Trump challenged Tillerson to "compare IQ tests"

you don't need to take the test you orange turd because Tillerson didn't call you a moron. he called you a FUCKING MORON. and besides, we all know you'll fail anyway.

Wag

57232_trumpcommensementf.png

http://www.thedp.com/article/2017/02/trump-academics-at-wharton

The best student.

Kwixotik

His IQ may have been high when he was like 25 or something and i bet if he ever has taken a real IQ test he hasnt taken it since then. I got $50 on Tillerson. Lets do this live, pay per view, next Wednesday night.

Pretty sure Trump isn’t straight edge. Can’t see him listen to hardcore punk and putting Xs on his hands.

All I’m trying to say is that Trump’s image is squeaky clean, when it comes to drugs and alcohol. I doubt he snorts.

Straightedge in the sense that he doesn't intake any intoxicants. And honestly, the guy looks like a coke user.

I don't like Tillerson, and I especially do not like having oil executives in powerful positions in the government (Did we learn nothing from the Iraq wars?) but I have never doubted Tillerson's intelligence.

Trump on the other hand...

Tillerson is smart, respected, and successful (can disagree on his policy if you want, but there is no debating the above)...Everything Trump isn't.

If Tillerson was so smart, he wouldn't be working in the Trump administration. Nor would he complain to someone that the POTUS is a moron. How is he everything Trump isn't when he's the one doing press conferences to appease the moron and keep his job? Trump is essentially abusing Tillerson on the national stage and making him dance.

Snwaters

So, what's the over under that Tillerson will still be Secretary of State by the end of Friday? I mean, haven't we seen this song and dance before?

Apathy

He really did take a web test, got a fake score and thinks it's real. Even if a real test gets done and he gets his real score, he won't believe it.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Trump's predicted score?
Low 60s?
If Trump took an IQ test it'll come back negative.

And then he'll tweet about how amazing it is.

Idiocy of the highest order. And of course as always his base lap it up. Nothing like a group of insecure imbeciles back slapping each other for how brilliant they are while everyone else groans in astonishment.

Surely Tillerson goes soon.

Coricus

Trump probably thinks /r/iamverysmart isn't satire.

Speaking of r/iamverysmart, I just checked and they're having a field day with this situation.

. . .Actually, reading further they managed to dig up this quote from a campaign event that I hadn't seen yet:

Trump said:
Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it's gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

*EDIT* I guess my eyes must have skimmed over it being posted here. Ah well, can't hurt to show it further I guess.

I found this collection of quotes further down, excluding the one already shown off here for convenience.

Trump said:
"I know some of you may think l'm tough and harsh but actually I'm a very compassionate person (with a very high IQ) with strong common sense"

"I'm much smarter than them. I think I have a much higher IQ. I think I went to a better college --- better everything."

"We have by far the highest IQ of any Cabinet ever assembled!"

"Let's do an IQ test." (in response to Sadiq Khan, May 2016)

We can't let these people, these so called egg-heads and by the way, I guarantee you my IQ is much higher than theirs, alright. Somebody said the other day, ‘Yes, well the intellectuals–‘ I said, ‘What intellectuals? I'm smarter than they are, many of people in this audience are smarter than they are.'"

”I really don't think [George W. Bush] has much of an IQ. I can't imagine he has any IQ at all. He's the worst president in the history of the United States, he's a disaster."

"It's like record, record cold. And I keep hearing about global warming. Now they'll say, ‘He doesn't understand. This is a world-wide problem.' Oh no, I don't understand? Let's do IQ tests."

"6 psychiatrists all from HARVARD... TRUMP on verge of genius... Perry average or below IQ..CAN'T absorb data fast"

lol, who cares. he became the president of the country and is a millionaire (maybe billionaire). clearly he grades are irrelevant.

let's focus on actual, terrible things he's done and continues to do. this isn't even on the map.

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.” - The Bestest IQ Trump

I can only get about a 3rd of the way through without checking out

Mensa offers to host it.

Bring on the IQ test — Mensa says it’s willing to host President Trump and secretary of State Rex Tillerson in a battle of the brains.

In an interview with Forbes published Tuesday, Trump suggested he and Tillerson — who allegedly once called the commander in chief a “moron” — go head-to-head in an intelligence quotient showdown. The State Department has denied Tillerson ever made the comments.

ITK reached out to the geniuses at Mensa — which describes itself as “an international society whose only qualification for membership is a score in the top two percent of the general population on a standardized intelligence test” — and asked if they’d be willing to take Trump’s suggestion.
“American Mensa would be happy to hold a testing session for President Trump and Secretary Tillerson,” said Charles Brown, the group’s communications director.

lol, who cares. he became the president of the country and is a millionaire (maybe billionaire). clearly he grades are irrelevant.

let's focus on actual, terrible things he's done and continues to do. this isn't even on the map.

Trump cares.

Mr_Zombie

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.” - The Bestest IQ Trump

What... what exactly was that rant about? I know the words, I understand some sentences, but as a whole, there's very little sense there. Maybe I need a context, or maybe a follow-up to that, but I seriously have no idea what he was trying to say.

What... what exactly was that rant about? I know the words, I understand some sentences, but as a whole, there's very little sense there. Maybe I need a context, or maybe a follow-up to that, but I seriously have no idea what he was trying to say.
I think it was about having multiple ways to fire nuclear missiles. Those being land bases silos, tactically placed submarines, and bombers if i remember right.

mnannola

I think it was in response to some question about nuclear weapons. Trump is a pretty simple man / AI, if you mention certain words he just spews out whatever is related to it in his head.

Nuclear = Uncle
Black person = Ben Carson
Russia = Get along with
Muslim = ISIS
Mexicans = Bad folks

Shadybiz

My god...that would be glorious. And you know...Trump probably actually WOULD accept the challenge, because he's such a narcissist. His aides and advisers will deftly steer him away from it, as they sometimes have to do (because they're at least smart enough to realize that he'd be embarrassed):

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/09/trump-aides-guard-rails-243608

I think his uncle had some sort of role during the Cold War that had him close to nuclear weapons. Trump, of course, thinks that makes him qualified to talk about nuclear weapons development in Iran and other countries.

Don't forget Fox

Unless we wanna spice it up with a different character

How about pitting Fox against Captain Falcon?

Is he talking about the fortune he inherited from daddy?

(Don't ask how I was able to make it even that far into that mess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq0XNILIYTw

Aselith

I think it was in response to some question about nuclear weapons. Trump is a pretty simple man / AI, if you mention certain words he just spews out whatever is related to it in his head.

Nuclear = Uncle
Black person = Ben Carson
Russia = Get along with
Muslim = ISIS
Mexicans = Bad folks

Cyber = Barron

Top Bottom