• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today in glasshouse news: Trump challenged Tillerson to "compare IQ tests"

Brandson

IQ-tweet.png

And yes, that's real.

That's presidential library material right there.

lazygecko

Maybe I'm glossing over something here, but Tillerson seems to be about the only one of the oligarchs Trump installed who is just sincerely trying (albeit failing) to properly do the job appointed to him.

Raven117

Gold Member
This obviously hurt Trump. Tillerson is the type of business man that Trump could never even dream of being. Trump not getting the respect of Tillerson is Trump's old wounds of inferiority bubbling up once again. Tillerson is smart, respected, and successful (can disagree on his policy if you want, but there is no debating the above)...Everything Trump isn't.

I would pay good money to watch Trump take a legitimate IQ test. Will never happen, of course. A fake contest where Tillerson's been instructed to lose might be fun, too, though.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I'll take it in Icelandic and answer in Arabic, while driving on the Nürburgring Nordschleife at a minimum average speed of 100 mph, in the rain, and Steve Bannon can be in the passenger seat dosed on Meth and PCP holding a combat knife, while The Art of the Deal narrated by Gilbert Gottfried plays on the radio at 120 dB and I recite the screenplay to A Clockwork Orange in character. While receiving road head and being tickled. After five days of sleep deprivation and fasting, and my wisdom teeth removed one hour prior without anesthesia.

Go home. We'll praise you and give you lots of ice cream. Promise.

"US president Donald Trump challenges his Secretary of state to an IQ test after the latter allegedly called him a 'moron'"

That's the headline here.

I dont know if people living in the US fully grasp how fucking insane this looks to people outside of your country.

daveo42

Banned
"US president Donald Trump challenges his Secretary of state to an IQ test after the latter allegedly called him a 'moron'"

I dont know if people living in the US fully grasp how fucking insane this looks to people outside of your country.

We are fucking well aware of how fucked this situation is. We have to live with it on a daily basis. If time followed normal rules in the US and not "Trump Time" we've been dealing with for 9 months, we'd already be in 2025.

It still feels unreal to a lot of us, and the moments it does feel real it feels like staring into the gaping maw of hell.

mnannola

I mean it would be really insane if Obama was still president, but Trump has been doing an excellent job of warming us up to moments like these.

I'll take it in Icelandic and answer in Arabic, while driving on the Nürburgring Nordschleife at a minimum average speed of 100 mph, in the rain, and Steve Bannon can be in the passenger seat dosed on Meth and PCP holding a combat knife, while The Art of the Deal narrated by Gilbert Gottfried plays on the radio at 120 dB and I recite the screenplay to A Clockwork Orange in character. While receiving road head and being tickled. After five days of sleep deprivation and fasting, and my wisdom teeth removed one hour prior without anesthesia.

Go home. We'll praise you and give you lots of ice cream. Promise.

*the wheels begin to turn. phones ring. an LLC is formed and expense accounts are approved*

JWiLL

Banned
Tillerson: Alright, here's mine - let's see yours.

Trump: The IQS is currently auditing me, can you believe it? They said it was the highest test score they've ever seen. Tremendous, really. But it can't be released til the audits over. You'll see though, you'll see.

Trump tells Forbes magazine: "I think it's fake news. But if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win."

He thinks it's fake news, yep he would totally win.

eshwaaz

For those of us who loathe Trump, everyday is wrought with anger, depression and embarrassment.

shandy706

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.” - The Bestest IQ Trump

Kensation

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.” - The Bestest IQ Trump
Not enough tangents.

This dudes ego man.

I remember someone saying if he was asked if he could beat LeBron 1 on 1, that he couldn’t even give a definitive no..

It’s true. He couldn’t do it.

The OP's title is misleading. He didn't challenge Tillerson to anything. He just said he would if the original news was true.

It's still insane, though.
Are you new at Trump? He knows that Tillerson said it and he knows that we know that Tillerson said it. As usual this is his passive aggressive way of counter punching Tillerson without admitting that he was called moron by his subordinate.

Gutek

While that's true, that does not mean he's straightedge. I've known plenty of people who wouldn't touch a drop of alcohol, but will do a couple lines before work.

Pretty sure Trump isn’t straight edge. Can’t see him listen to hardcore punk and putting Xs on his hands.

All I’m trying to say is that Trump’s image is squeaky clean, when it comes to drugs and alcohol. I doubt he snorts.

sfedai0

Banned
Who actually running the country? Seems like this moron has his face glued on his twitter feed and news about the latest person that talked shit about him.

Top Bottom