• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

javadoze

Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie War Ultimatum

I decided to watch this in the intended order (after Episode 13) rather than finish the series first. Especially after Fourze referenced his Movie War in the series proper.
Amazing to see the Fourze crew again, and I liked seeing their 2017 selves. Excellent fight scenes of course, and Nadeshiko returns! Pretty cool that they incorporated another of Ishnimori's creations.
Wizard's segment, gotta be honest, it's the most I've enjoyed of Wizard so far. The first 13 episodes have been dull and predictable as fuck (Episode 11 annoyed me with the decoy, and they kept purposely not showing his face to hammer in that it's a decoy, kids aren't stupid!) While I do find Wizard's theme catchy, it doesn't work well in fight scenes. At least compared to W, OOO and Fourze's themes.
As for the team-up, freakin' timey-wimey... And of course W/Accel/OOO/Birth rings out of nowhere (IN STORES NOW... IN 2012!) I did love the chase sequence, that was a ton of fun to watch. Buuut we get another ending that looks right out of a PS2 game.
I will say, the punchline made it all worth it.
Also, that was a lame Secondary Rider preview. He didn't even get a fight scene, it's like "Oh shit, we forgot to film the Secondary Rider debut... throw something together fast"

Now to keep trucking through Wizard. At least it's not Gaoranger boring.

Yeah. Fourze's section is pretty great (not to mention Fourze actually takes a lot of inspiration from Inazuman himself). Wizard's section is an amazing example of what Wizard ideally could've been. Just having Haruto on his own really brings out a lot of his charm and potential as a Rider protagonist.

WarRock

Ultimatum is THE BEST. And yep, whoever enjoyed the whole teenagers dealing with superpowers part of Fourze should check Inazuman, the influence is easily noticeable.

shaowebb

Following the advice of Tokugaf I will be watching the following next.

• Kamen Rider KUUGA
  • Akibaranger

Everyone said I needed to finish what I started with these and that is just what I'm doing now. I'm back in on Kuuga at episode 5 right after he got the Trychaser 2000. Gotta say he really showed some skillful motorcycle skills. First time I ever saw and Extended sequence where a character performed stunt bike climbing tricks to corner a fast villain. No effects, just good biking. Neat.

Akibaranger I left off on somewhere early...I remember the drunk episode and the episode with the cosplay mom so I'll start coming the early ep wikis to find out where I left off.

Wish me luck Toku-gaf as my journey continues. Excelsior.

LostAnkh

Following the advice of Tokugaf I will be watching the following next.

• Kamen Rider KUUGA
  • Akibaranger

Everyone said I needed to finish what I started with these and that is just what I'm doing now. I'm back in on Kuuga at episode 5 right after he got the Trychaser 2000. Gotta say he really showed some skillful motorcycle skills. First time I ever saw and Extended sequence where a character performed stunt bike climbing tricks to corner a fast villain. No effects, just good biking. Neat.

Akibaranger I left off on somewhere early...I remember the drunk episode and the episode with the cosplay mom so I'll start coming the early ep wikis to find out where I left off.

Wish me luck Toku-gaf as my journey continues. Excelsior.
I wanna say that Kuuga is the only Heisei rider that uses his bike
(?)
the most.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Kamen Rider Wizard & Fourze: Movie War Ultimatum

I decided to watch this in the intended order (after Episode 13) rather than finish the series first. Especially after Fourze referenced his Movie War in the series proper.
Amazing to see the Fourze crew again, and I liked seeing their 2017 selves. Excellent fight scenes of course, and Nadeshiko returns! Pretty cool that they incorporated another of Ishnimori's creations.
Wizard's segment, gotta be honest, it's the most I've enjoyed of Wizard so far. The first 13 episodes have been dull and predictable as fuck (Episode 11 annoyed me with the decoy, and they kept purposely not showing his face to hammer in that it's a decoy, kids aren't stupid!) While I do find Wizard's theme catchy, it doesn't work well in fight scenes. At least compared to W, OOO and Fourze's themes.
As for the team-up, freakin' timey-wimey... And of course W/Accel/OOO/Birth rings out of nowhere (IN STORES NOW... IN 2012!) I did love the chase sequence, that was a ton of fun to watch. Buuut we get another ending that looks right out of a PS2 game.
I will say, the punchline made it all worth it.
Also, that was a lame Secondary Rider preview. He didn't even get a fight scene, it's like "Oh shit, we forgot to film the Secondary Rider debut... throw something together fast"

Now to keep trucking through Wizard. At least it's not Gaoranger boring.

Momo Ninja's in it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Are the Geki-Senshi scrubs watchable? I know all they did was take the TV-Nihon script and cleaned it up. Same with the Go-Anonger Go-Onger subs.

The period between Abaranger and Shinkenger is a fucking wasteland of bad subs...

javadoze

gekiranger was fun.

That tvnihon sub though....

bCVTirY.png

jwk94

Are the Geki-Senshi scrubs watchable? I know all they did was take the TV-Nihon script and cleaned it up. Same with the Go-Anonger Go-Onger subs.

The period between Abaranger and Shinkenger is a fucking wasteland of bad subs...

If you don't mind not knowing what Jan's saying at times unless you memorize the translation, it's fine. It didn't lessen my enjoyment or stop me from understanding what was going on so I say go for it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

Some people freak out because they translate the team to "WildRanger" iirc, as well as all the monster names (they're anagram of the animal they're based off of, so Maku, one of the main villains that's a bear, is called Arbe) but I found it acceptable.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Some people freak out because they translate the team to "WildRanger" iirc, as well as all the monster names (they're anagram of the animal they're based off of, so Maku, one of the main villains that's a bear, is called Arbe) but I found it acceptable.

That's not even a problem because the episodes have two sub tracks. One that translates it to WildRanger and translates the attack names, etc., and another track that leaves it as Gekiranger and doesn't translate the attack names and such.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder of toku can be translated well as a cartoon.

No Samurai Flamenco didn't play it straight so no.

shaowebb

Kamen Rider Kuuga EP 5

Wow. Okay I am REALLY digging the story telling in this. I don't think I've ever seen a Rider handled so realistically in everyone's reactions. Them doing a medical examination and saying his body is growing new nerves, strengthening muscles and its extremely pronounced in his right leg was pretty awesome. More awesome was that everyone was nervous about this happening because no one knew what in the hell it could lead to. I like the aspect that these changes are extremely unsettling to folks and they aren't certain if he is a threat, in danger, or fine.

I also REALLY liked how in this episode and in the past when he got a new color he had no clue whatsoever what it meant or how to use it and lost. Because of need his body responded and gave him the blue form to jump, but he didn't know it would weaken his striking. He thought that it might just mean his kicks were stronger, but it didn't work and he got destroyed.

This is GOOD stuff. Having a new power and trying to figure out if its going to kill you medically or just what in the hell you can do. Every other Rider show I can remember they'd get a power and instantly just know how to use it and they'd be performing ridiculously over the top stuff with no thought. Seriously Drive? You're just gonna jump at a speeding car because instinct says you'll perform Maximum Spider or something as an attack? Who does this?!

Kuuga's story telling is great so far and I'm just 5 eps in. It really feels like folks trying their best to learn and adapt to changes they don't understand. The girl translating text looks like it may aid Kuuga in figuring out what to try and how his body is changing and works which will come in handy for the show since you can't have as many forms as Kuuga and replay the hapless hero too often. At some point he has to get a handle on things and learn what to try. So long as he doesn't always blowout his enemies and he still has those awesome midfight moments where his body is different and he's struggling in the fight trying to figure it out it'll be great.

Thanks for pushing me to go on GAF.

Corgi

Banned
Gaim is getting a reissue when Yomi Ryugen gets released, so if you really wanted him, now is your chance.

actually kind of surprised you didn't import the sentai mechas. im a huge cheapass, so I could never do that (exception is gobuster not coming here).

LostAnkh

you can also buy sticker sheets from mod community and just paint the missing gold and silver with a gold/silver sharpee.

good stuff.
Yeah, I saw the stickers for the SMF Aux zords, pretty nice with the panel lines they left for us to detail.

WillyFive

Summonride looks so terrible. It's a Skylanders clone that at the last minute had its player characters replaced with Kamen Riders, but changed absolutely nothing from the rest of the game to match the Kamen Rider IP.

Slayven

Summonride looks so terrible. It's a Skylanders clone that at the last minute had its player characters replaced with Kamen Riders, but changed absolutely nothing from the rest of the game to match the Kamen Rider IP.

It's like those shitty consoles you hook up to a tv that they sell in grocery stores. I always felt bad for kids who those.

shaowebb

Dang...and here I was hoping Summonride would be good. They should just go full on Ganbaride with a Magic the Gathering style cardgame. Sell decks with each bundle and sell packs for moves. Folks could go random pack or themed packs from various series.

Sigh...the things I'd have to look up to play it though. It'd be pretty awesome.

Taking some liberties there with translations, I see.

It's a combination of literal and liberal translations, and it's really odd. Most of the lines are trying to be as condensed and quick to read as possible, then you have a few lines that are long because of literal translations. It makes everything stand out, and not in the best way.

Why we're the subs in the preview so slow? They were on to the next Ranger by the time a sub appeared.

They weren't timed correctly. Which is kind of terrible, considering that you'd think they'd be put through some kind of QC before SF approved it. The timing seems to be fine in the actual episodes (from other previews), so I don't know what happened to this promo.

Top Bottom