• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Trump Tanks" - HuffPost

Status
Not open for further replies.

drspeedy

I didn't think I'd ever vote for Hillary, but after the dumpster fire that is the GOP, I'm kinda happy to use this gif...

HillaryItsHappening_2.gif

Anyone who expected anything better than this has never lived in the south.

I'm surprised it got this low. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come in future elections, but I'm not holding my breath.

Are you seriously calling Trump's racism casual? The only way it could be more overt is if he lynched a man.

Oh I don't expect it. But I don't give kudos for only slightly preferring the white supremacist fascist.

48% isn't an exception, it's within the statistical margin of error away from a majority. And a lot of those voters aren't behind him because they think he's wonderful, it's because they believe things like abortion is murder, and not voting Republican is the greater evil no matter what.

I agree. Considering the familiar entreaty here and elsewhere to those unsure of Clinton to hold ones nose and vote hrc to ensure a liberal Supreme Court, should we not expect our opponents to react in the same fashion to a candidate who does not hold their values, as trump may or may not? Come to Texas and listen to conservative talk radio, it is replete with Supreme Court voters on the right who at least give lip service to the notion that trump is grossly inappropriate on a number of points. They just view hrc and a liberal Supreme Court as greater evils. I did hear a funny caller yesterday say that he expects to burst into flames when spinning the dial for Clinton solely due to the nuclear weapons concern from recent days, to which the trumpeter host audibly shrugged his shoulders and conceded the value of that point.

Sadly I would be willing to bet the majority of the white population of the entire world is still very much racist. White privilege has gone on too long.

Generally to a much lesser degree.

For example, the Toronto police still has an obsession about carding black people, but the chief of police is black.

BigDug13

Holy shit that's incredible. My Bernie bro in law in GA better vote for Hillary.

BTW: white man in Florida doing my part to keep Florida blue 3 times in a row this year. Also, time to kick Rubio the fuck out the same day.

Obama's stance with Cuba, second and third generation young Cubans being born here, along with Trump's stance on hispanics has had an effect that will probably keep Florida blue because of the huge Cuban population that used to swing Republican.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
im ready for more Trump meltdown. If the polls go low enough i fully expect him to start blaming his base. If he really tears into them at a rally.. thats going to be fun.

DedValve

Banned
Obama's stance with Cuba, second and third generation young Cubans being born here, along with Trump's stance on hispanics has had an effect that will probably keep Florida blue because of the huge Cuban population that used to swing Republican.

Delicous. Scrumptious.

A lot of republican latinos in my area are voting hillary. The only thing they hate more than fags like me are people who are racist against them like Trump. They can't see the irony but *shrugs*, 1 battle at a time I suppose.

Zero2kz

Just found out that trump is doing a speech at the Renaissance Center on Monday, which is where I work.

I think I'll work from home that day. Guh.

Kthulhu

Oh I don't expect it. But I don't give kudos for only slightly preferring the white supremacist fascist.

While I imagine the majority of Trump supporters love him to pieces. I imagine a few of them is simply due to decades of anti-Hillery fear mongering by the GOP, as is the case with my family.

Didn't Superman at one point denounce american citizenship?

I can't blame him.

Superman is technically an illegal alien. When are we building a space wall Trump?!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
What was Lex's or Thanos stance on LGBT, Black, Latino, Muslim, Asian, Religious rights?

Pretty sure they treated ALL humans equally horrible. Though I wouldn't be surprised of one of the Lex's being racist.

If you're going that route, please just vote Cthulhu for president. You'll be eaten first.

flat,800x800,075,f.u6.jpg

DedValve

Banned
If you're going that route, please just vote Cthulhu for president. You'll be eaten first.

Nah, Hillary despite some of our differences wants to maintain Obamas legacy. Sadly she doesn't have any way to stop the Republican party and we live in the darkest multiverse, one without any DC or Marvel superheroes to stop the party.

Cthulu is like Trump but towards humans and not just mexican muslims.

EDIT: Just saw your edit, thats a fancy ass logo! Might rescind my vote of Hillary...Whose his vp?

Tigress

Sadly it won't be thanks to my dad and stepmom (they always vote republican and my dad demonizes liberals so much I can't see anything changing his mind. I've seen him dislike a republican candidate until he won the republican nomination and then he was supportive. Reason he hated the guy? He felt McCain was a RINO). And while Trump wasn't their first choice, last I asked they didn't have any objection to him (I do and don't want to know at this point so I've avoided the subject cause I'm afraid to ask. I'm sure they are voting for him but I don't know if it is cause they feel he is better of two choices or they actually like him).

kaskade

These are going to be some interesting debates. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of people that see the differences about how they act during the debates and might be like well Trump was funny in the beginning but now we are getting serious here.

If she can get some substance in her answers, and knock him down a bit she'll have it in the bag. Trump does not deal well with criticism. He's like a little kid that results to name calling.

This is really point at which I want to stop hearing about her lead and how over the election is. If Trump's only path to victory is masses of people staying home because 'it's already over' than this is exactly how to convince them to stay home.

HStallion

Nah, Hillary despite some of our differences wants to maintain Obamas legacy. Sadly she doesn't have any way to stop the Republican party and we live in the darkest multiverse, one without any DC or Marvel superheroes to stop the party.

Cthulu is like Trump but towards humans and not just mexican muslims.

EDIT: Just saw your edit, thats a fancy ass logo! Might rescind my vote of Hillary...Whose his vp?

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_663zsotlwk0soosc8cc8448gg_640.jpg

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
This is really point at which I want to stop hearing about her lead and how over the election is. If Trump's only path to victory is masses of people staying home because 'it's already over' than this is exactly how to convince them to stay home.

Its important this stuff keep in the news because Trump completely loses it when his polls go down. In the final weeks leading up it will be important to get everyone you know to vote but for right now its about demoralizing and destabilizing him with reality.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Not to mention the large increase in Puerto Ricans, who are overwhelmingly Democratic, coming to the state.

Even if Trump does not win, he has already won. He is far from a competent politician but the effect he has had on political discourse is irreversible. No longer are people with non-liberal viewpoints afraid to speak up, the most militant of liberals have shown their true colors as far as their thinly veiled contempt for differing opinions and democracy as a whole goes (even up to the point of committing violence), media biases have been exposed, both parties were caught with their pants down, and skepticism towards establishment politicans is at an all time high.

Thank you Donald Trump.

"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression"

Non-liberal viewpoints afraid to speak? Motherfucker, those people have been the loudest voices for years, attempting to drown out anyone who doesn't fall in line with their regressive ideology. Thinly veiled contempt for democracy? Who pushed all the voter ID laws that disproportionately effect black voters and claim to solve a non-existent problem? And committing violence? Go back and watch the tapes to see where most of the violence came from. Put down the Kool-Aid and unlace those Nikes because this is some cult level reality distortion.

DedValve

Banned
That's not how it works though. The youth of today will mostly be conservatives in the future.

The Republican/Democratic party isn't a mindset that you grow out of/into. Maybe at one point when the parties where more about ideological differences but now its almost literally a fight between human morality and bankrupt morality.

Bar major personal events like war on our soil, those aren't ideologies that you change no matter how old you get.

BigDug13

Trump handed the Clinton campaign his weaknesses. Expect to see more sympathetic and revered Americans like the Khans to go on the attack to bait Trump.

HStallion

This means nothing without going to vote 2018. Getting a Dem in the white house is only 1/2 the battle

2018 will definitely kill off any talks that the GOP is on the brink of collapse. As long as their constituents continue to reliably vote in the midterms while young Democratic voters twiddle their thumbs at home.

Meadows

Banned
PA, a swing state Trump needs currently has a 75.2% chance of going to Clinton.

That's on Poll-plus, which is easily the most sympathetic model for Trump (it gives more weight to historical elections rather than polls).

If the election was tomorrow he'd have a 7.7% chance of winning PA (and a 7.1% chance of winning the election as a whole).

He's fucked.

Its important this stuff keep in the news because Drumpf completely loses it when his polls go down. In the final weeks leading up it will be important to get everyone you know to vote but for right now its about demoralizing and destabilizing him with reality.

It does keep him off guard and erratic but the turnout still worries me. I don''t just want normal turnout. I want the country to rebuke this garbage wholesale. I may be asking for too much, but I want every single person on his campaign and everyone who supported him to KNOW how bad they fucked up.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
2018 will definitely kill off any talks that the GOP is on the brink of collapse. As long as their constituents continue to reliably vote in the midterms while young Democratic voters twiddle their thumbs at home.

Thats the great thing about Trump. Hes not going away even if he loses in a landslide. Until the day his heart gives out hes going to be talking shit about Hillary on Twitter. It will be of the utmost importance to remind everyone that the GOP is the party of Trump. The Republicans have forever tarnished their image in his likeness. They will deny this but Trump is/was their man for 2016. Everyone running in 2018 that had any nice things to say about Trump should be easy to mobilize against.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Haha I dont know how I never went to this site, its great.

Don’t mistake these Heroes of Liberty for the precious voters of novelty third-party candidates engaged in political masturbation every year. A full 13 percent of the population have the clarity of mind to short out decades of programming to arrive at the only rational thing to do: end it all.
The answer isn’t Satan (he doesn’t exist).
The answer isn’t an asteroid strike (a long shot 1 in 10 thousand chance).
The one surety of doom is summoning Cthulhu.

Sad that more of the GOP didn't hop on board this sinking ship. Trump could have taken more of them with him. He's only taking a few of the less important talking heads with him instead of the whole party.

I apologize for my race. I know it doesn't really help, but I am sorry.

Soon the Great Journey shall begin. But when it does, the weight of your heresy will stay your feet. And you shall be left behind.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Thats the great thing about Trump. Hes not going away even if he loses in a landslide. Until the day his heart gives out hes going to be talking shit about Hillary on Twitter. It will be of the utmost importance to remind everyone that the GOP is the party of Trump. The Republicans have forever tarnished their image in his likeness. They will deny this but Trump is/was their man for 2016. Everyone running in 2018 that had any nice things to say about Trump should be easy to mobilize against.
There's also the very real possibility of Trump going scorched earth on anyone in the GOP that didn't bow down to him. You know he's gunning for Cruz and Kasich at the very least.

UraMallas

As a white person out west, don't blame us. Blame southern and midwestern whites.

This isn’t our fault!
As a white person in Iowa which went blue in the past two elections and looks to do it again even with one of the whitest electorates in the country, try not to blame us, either.

CNN is running a story right now about a black church that is endorsing Trump.

Can't wait for him to talk about them as if thousands have now endorsed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom