• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump thanks Putin for expelling 755 US staff currently serving in Russia

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
IHVb6pO.png

Replace with Trump and Putin accordingly

Loxley

Just further confirmation that the pee pee tape is real.

Like, I'm not even being sarcastic. That whole kompromat thing is the only logical reason I can think of as to why Trump is so complimentary of Russia and Putin.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
"Putin has power over who is employed by our State Department" is a fucking astonishing position to take.

The country is run by a person with a mind that thought this would put him in a good light.

When the usual suspects start jumping through hoops defending or hand waving this away remind them that if you take what was said as truth Trump is a fucking coward.

UberTag

Thanks enemies and attacks allies. That's bold.
Seems to me that Trump holds a different view of allies/enemies than one that is conventionally held by the rest of America.
(In other words, he is thanking his allies and attacking his enemies. Russia and Papa Putin is Ally Numero Uno.)

RoKKeR

Lol, still the literally only person/country he WON'T attack.

What could they possibly be holding over his head? Certainly it's something.

Steel

Banned
I kinda half expected this to be somewhat sarcastic(Which would still be weak as fuck, but...). After seeing the live comments... Holy shit he was completely serious.

Is it fair to assume that Trump admires Putin so dearly because of beauty pageant bullshit in Russia and him being treated like royalty when visiting there?

For a man who craves the admiration of the world, I can see his visits to Moscow being almost intoxicating, having his ego stroked so fucking hard.

Lesath

I have tried to look at the whole "Trump himself colluded with Russia" thing always with a healthy dose of skepticism, but sometimes he makes it really, really hard.

You have a guy who's got the thinnest skin in the world, shitting on our allies and threatening North Korea with enough bluster to fill a hot air balloon, and he consistently refuses to take a strong position against Russia since his presidency began.

Starting with his language at the presser about the Russian sub off the east coast, to his private conversation with at G20, and now this. This is so stupid it beggars belief.

Top Bottom