• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Wants to Let Wall Street Scam Customers Again Because of Course He Does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarky

Banned
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...t-scam-customers-again.html?mid=twitter_nymag

Donald Trump ran as a populist enemy of the global financial elite. In other news, Anthony Scaramucci, a hedge-fund manager who has somehow secured a position as a key Trump economic adviser despite being a member of the global financial elite Trump has vowed to crush, tells the Financial Times that Trump will eliminate a rule requiring financial advisers to follow their clients’ best interests. The rule came about in response to a long-standing practice, exposed most blatantly in the wake of the housing crash, by which advisers would dump products onto their clients in order to get them off their own firm’s balance sheet. The Obama rule requires financial advisers to follow their clients’ fiduciary interest.

Y'all anti-establishment guys got played.

Gullible GOP supporters will get scammed again, and then told it's the immigrants' fault.

Another day in the carnival of stupid.

FStop7

Banned
Job creation. He's creating a new role: Financial adviser adviser. An adviser who helps you determine whether or not your financial adviser is screwing you.

HotHamBoy

Y'all anti-establishment guys got played.

piercehawhorne-duhdoy.gif

Nanashrew

Banned
Trump is the establishment and anyone voting for him was voting for benefiting the establishment further. Not surprising in the least.

SmugSnake

Neo Member
How is it that people think he is anti-establishment when he's a billionaire who surrounds himself with the establishment? And not only the establishment, but the financial establishment that people think he's gonna go after.

And it took one day for the Trump supporters to eat crow.

Someone needs to really keep a counter of how many times this happens over four years.

Nanashrew

Banned
How is it that people think he is anti-establishment when he's a billionaire who surrounds himself with the establishment? And not only the establishment, but the financial establishment that people think he's gonna go after.

That is a very good question. Lying and being as charismatic as the devil helps.

Joe

Day 1: Climate change denier is leading the EPA transition
Day 2: Wall Street elite put in charge of preliminary banking deregulation

Trump going to work.

LCGeek

formerly sane
But Hillary was the one in Wall Street's pocket!

She was and that was made clear with her VP pick.

Donald didn't have her stink and was new to politcs so he never had the same scrutiny or consideration applied despite it being there. Said durnig election season there are pictures of the clintons being buddy with him and guiliani. They are all a big dysfunctional family of snakes robbing the american electorate.

Steel

Banned
People want me to not side-eye the intelligence of voters who were told flat out this man is a con.

Nah, you can side eye their intelligence, but that's precisely why you can't assume that they did it for racist reasons on an individual basis. People can be idiots.

If he was a construction worker living in a crappy house I'd have believed him, but tax evading, loop-hole sniffling fucking billionaire Trump? He even congratulated those screwing over the victims of the 2008 financial crisis :"good business!!1"

This shouldn't surprise any sane person.

He's not even in office yet and he's delivering on what everyone that did not vote for him said about him.

Fastest serving of crow in awhile.

People are stupid.

I learned my lesson: I won't ever trust the American voters again.

Jeels

This is why I don't trust ANY financial advisers most of the time. :/ But there are lots of vulnerable people and people that just don't have the time, knowledge, or resources to do financial planning who are taken advantage of.

jett

D-Member
Only one thing consistent about US politics is that Republicans always vote against their best interests.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Only one thing consistent about US politics is that Republicans always vote against their best interests.

Democrats and their coalitions don't tend to show up either. Look at the last 50 years. Winning the popular vote in a fragmented system means little. Neocons are dismantling the system everytime they get in power bit by bit to what they want it to be.

So where are my Trump voters at? You guys came out in force to talk shit the day he won, please explain this shit to me. Explain this fucking garbage.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I have to move to Canada.

SmugSnake

Neo Member
So where are my Trump voters at? You guys came out in force to talk shit the day he won, please explain this shit to me. Explain this fucking garbage.

They're just gonna do what they always do: Ignore all the bad shit coming from Trump and only come out when something negative about Clinton or the Democrats comes out.

They're just gonna do what they always do: Ignore all the bad shit coming from Trump and only come out when something negative about Clinton or the Democrats comes out.

Oh I'm sure of that.

Please do prove us wrong though guys! Really looking forward to the response. I'm sure it'll be super well though out, just like your voting choices.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
To be fair, my guess is most Trump voters don't have financial advisors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom