• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Wants to Let Wall Street Scam Customers Again Because of Course He Does

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Its perfect. By the time we can hopefully get the Dems back into office we will have another financial meltdown. Rich repubs are probably intentionally planning this to eradicate the party in one fell swoop. They will have so much ammo and since facts dont matter anymore, well we be straight fucked. Im still depressed 2 days later.

No shit. This isn't surprising at all. The only people who didn't see this coming are trumps dumbass supporters

And we're only going to continue to be vindicated as he is able to fulfill none of his promises and keeps putting people into positions of power that does things to benefit big business.

Nudull

Banned
You're saying that the businessman that we gave the White House to wants to only help the rich and powerful get even moreso?

Shocker.

I don't know what to say.

The Republican machine works better than even they thought it did. A steady diet of increasingly outlandish and all-encompassing lies from their media, their politicians increasingly obvious about the fact that their only goal is obstruction to make the other side look bad, a post-fact candidate who simultaneously panders to Breitbart and the KKK while his supporters ignore everything they don't want to believe as jokes.

I wonder if Republicans truly wanted it to work this well. I have a feeling some of them secretly hoped that these tactics would be repudiated by the voters. That once they reached a sickening enough level, the voters would be the safety valve that saved democracy.

Instead, the voters came crawling to their door, begging for the lies. For the lies that even Republicans were embarrassed about telling, for their sheer transparency. But the machine worked too well. Of course we will get the financial elite in full control of the system now; there was never any doubt. Trump told us he was going to enrich the very top percent at the expense of the economy and the rest of the country. It was hardly even a lie at all.

Actually, it wasn't a lie. It was a joke. Trump was serious when he said he was going to enrich the top percent at the expense of everyone else. It was just a joke when he said it would help the economy. But people thought the joke was the Breitbart stuff; nope, that was literal. We voted for a transparent joke, and the people we voted for can't believe how stupid we are.

Yeah but, we all know the real untrustworthy person this election was Hillary Clinton....there's just something about her entire career spent in public service, much of it including helping the needy, that makes me want to puke when I look at her. /television coverage of voter interviews

Is anyone else simply amazing by just how quickly Trump is tearing his supporters hearts right out of their chests from day one?

Supporters: LOCK HER UP!!!!

Trump: Look, Hillary worked hard for a very long time and we all her a great debt of gratitude.

Supporters: DOWN WITH CORRUPTION AND MONEY IN POLITICS!!!!

Trump: BRB, MAKING FORMER GOLDMAN SACHS EXEC HEAD OF TREASURY

Supporters: LOWER TAXES FOR THOSE HARD PRESSED FAMILIES WHO NEED IT!

Trump: Families? Like, with kids? Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah yourtaxesmightactuallygoup OH LOOK A BIRD!!

Supporters: TIME TO DRAIN THE SWAMP AND CLEAR UP THE CORRUPTION!

Trump: Hold on a sec, just de-regulating all the banks again real quick.

You couldn't make this shit up. You couldn't.

Unless you were writing a book about how people will love you even if you're the worst person imaginable, as long as you promise them diamonds. The best diamonds. Soooooooooooo many beautiful diamonds.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yeah but, we all know the real untrustworthy person this election was Hillary Clinton....there's just something about her entire career spent in public service, much of it including helping the needy, that makes me want to puke when I look at her. /television coverage of voter interviews

Is anyone else simply amazing by just how quickly Trump is tearing his supporters hearts right out of their chests from day one?

Supporters: LOCK HER UP!!!!

Trump: Look, Hillary worked hard for a very long time and we all her a great debt of gratitude.

Supporters: DOWN WITH CORRUPTION AND MONEY IN POLITICS!!!!

Trump: BRB, MAKING FORMER GOLDMAN SACHS EXEC HEAD OF TREASURY

Supporters: LOWER TAXES FOR THOSE HARD PRESSED FAMILIES WHO NEED IT!

Trump: Families? Like, with kids? Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah yourtaxesmightactuallygoup OH LOOK A BIRD!!

Supporters: TIME TO DRAIN THE SWAMP AND CLEAR UP THE CORRUPTION!

Trump: Hold on a sec, just de-regulating all the banks again real quick.

You couldn't make this shit up. You couldn't.

Unless you were writing a book about how people will love you even if you're the worst person imaginable, as long as you promise them diamonds.

Repubs will find a way to eat this up and spin it, because they are too forgone now to realize and confess to their own mistakes. Fucking idiots.

Don't worry guys, this will all be worth it when he ends ISIS and builds that wall across the Mexican border.

Plus I hear he'll be implementing Trumpcare - a replacement to Obamacare and fund it by $350 million a week. The money will come from that sweet, sweet, 10% GDP growth the US will be experiencing soon.

Measley

Call me bitter, but I'm going to enjoy watching rural America and the Rust Belt getting screwed over hard by Trump and the GOP. They fucking deserve it for voting in this clown.

Yeah, I'll suffer too, but at least I see it coming and preparing for it. Trump voters are still celebrating.

Trump supporters waving their hands at logic, especially when it was painted clearly what a Trump Presidency would be, still shook their heads, "Nah, nah, he's different. He's going to benefit us, bring back jobs, fights for the little guy, is against Wall Street, not like Crooked Hillary!" Refusing to see all that was out in the open, clear as day. You will NOT get what you want, but you WILL get what you DESERVE, courtesy of Trump.

It's interesting that not a single poster has talked about the rule in question here, which hasn't ever existed, because it's not yet in effect. I have mixed feelings on the rule's effectiveness, but am in favor of it. That said, it's pretty typical hyperbole to say the cancellation of a rule that has not yet and never has been in effect will cause an economic meltdown.

zero_suit

Call me bitter, but I'm going to enjoy watching rural America and the Rust Belt getting screwed over hard by Trump and the GOP. They fucking deserve it for voting in this clown.

Yeah, I'll suffer too, but at least I see it coming and preparing for it. Trump voters are still celebrating.

Those voters will find some way to blame Obama. They'll never face the truth that the GOP doesn't give a shit about them.

Don't worry guys, this will all be worth it when he ends ISIS and builds that wall across the Mexican border.

Plus I hear he'll be implementing Trumpcare - a replacement to Obamacare and fund it by $350 million a week. The money will come from that sweet, sweet, 10% GDP growth the US will be experiencing soon.
Watch as he builds the wall on federal dime, with a network of contractors that are actually subsidiaries of his own businesses, only to end with "Well, Mexico didn't want to pay that bill. Sorry, guys".

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

You know what, though? I'm rural and me and my family are going to suffer from a lot of this new policy. I don't know how I can "prepare" for it with four children.

What is the saying, "Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result, is the definition of insanity"? Yeah, I feel for people that are down and out, but there is a point where this lunacy just has to stop, because it is KILLING this country.

ReAxion

Nah, you can side eye their intelligence, but that's precisely why you can't assume that they did it for racist reasons on an individual basis. People can be idiots.

I should say that's the 2nd thing they say, the 1st is not to assume they're racist *ahem* SORRY they only condone racists. Trump's PC police are everywhere these days.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I'm sincerely thinking about being of of those turds with a fucking egg avatar on twitter who pretends to be alt-right just so I can rave about this in a way that might get a few of those idiots attention.

MUnited83

For you.
lol I noticed that too. Either he's gearing up for a way to spin all this or this shit is starting to slowly dawn on him.

If he really tries to spin all the recent news as something positive that will fix America, I really hope mods change his username to Beyblade.

Roman

No! Gullible so-called progressives that fell for the Hillary is a wall StreetShill/Both are equally bad nonsense and stayed home.

Probably some truth to this. Conservative voters might be gullible, but at least a large portion of them reliably shows up and votes for the guy with the R. Democrats wish they had a stable base like that.

TyrantII

People want me to not side-eye the intelligence of voters who were told flat out this man is a con.

It's was the racist tea party.

They'll be happy as long as they can fuck up the brown people and blame liberals for all their ills. It's not really about policy or economics. It's about their in group and destroying the federal government

jblank83

This is what it's all been about, not jobs, not family values, not gender or race politics. Those were all a means to one end: money.

It's open season on the American people.

Once his supporters find out he not a man of change in about 4-6 months and their lives are in fact NOT better. Him being a while male in the White House wont be enough to save him. No not all of his supporters are deplorable and will flip out and switch right back to not voting or worse for Trump vote Dem in the next election.

Tom Penny

My company has a trillion dollars under management and we talk about the DOL rule all the time. It's not happening anytime soon.

dlauv

Once his supporters find out he not a man of change in about 4-6 months and their lives are in fact NOT better. Him being a while male in the White House wont be enough to save him. No not all of his supporters are deplorable and will flip out and switch right back to not voting or worse for Trump vote Dem in the next election.

You would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom