• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Wants to Let Wall Street Scam Customers Again Because of Course He Does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once his supporters find out he not a man of change in about 4-6 months and their lives are in fact NOT better. Him being a while male in the White House wont be enough to save him. No not all of his supporters are deplorable and will flip out and switch right back to not voting or worse for Trump vote Dem in the next election.
And instead: "Four more years! Four more years!"

grimmiq

Once his supporters find out he not a man of change in about 4-6 months and their lives are in fact NOT better. Him being a while male in the White House wont be enough to save him. No not all of his supporters are deplorable and will flip out and switch right back to not voting or worse for Trump vote Dem in the next election.

No, when things turn to shit they'll pin everything on him, out him as either an atheist or even the anti-christ, tell them he did everything because it benefited himself and used his supreme power as the President to overrule or ignore their "true" path/purpose. In comes Pence to save the day.

No, I am asking you a question based on the "bigger picture."

Whether or not this particular rule is in effect isn't really a concern to me, or most of the posters in this thread. The concern is that the new administration wants to go for self-regulation (getting rid of this rule and others like it), and I'd like to know if you think that it works.

The Obama administration, and generally "liberal" economic policies, tend to favor heavy government oversight. The threat of cancellation of a rule that was passed isn't limited to this particular DOL rule; it's the idea that these sorts of rules will no longer be required.

We're facing an administration that is going to gut the SEC and cripple SOX, which isn't even fully implemented yet.

So, I'm asking you, given your snarky remark on our freakout over this one not-yet-implemented rule, what you think of what is actually happening.
Your question is a non sequitur because I stated that I'm in favor of the reg, and I was talking about something quite specific. How you went from a discussion of these facts to asking me if I think Trump's EPA head will be bad is quite odd.

What I was pointing out is the logical fallacy of saying that this specific reg being ore-canceled will lead to economic disaster. That's literally, demonstrably untrue. And it can simultaneously be a horrible idea from a policy perspective.
My company has a trillion dollars under management and we talk about the DOL rule all the time. It's not happening anytime soon.
Yep, which is why some of the hyperbole here is so nuts, although I understand the spirit of it in light of other craziness happening.

Lime

Black & brown people, LGBTQ, Muslims, illegal immigrants, etc. will be blamed and guess what will happen to them

It's okay.

They'll just blame it on the entitled millennials and brown people.

I mean...

You're not fucking wrong.

And of course it will work.

It must be nice being so optimistic.

The Republican party is extremely good at keeping people voting against their own best interests and deflecting any fallout to the Dems.

It's okay.

They'll just blame it on the entitled millennials and brown people.

I think it may be different especially if we open dialogue with them explain our position and let them know that its impossible to place blame on us. I mean they are going to have to realize that it can't be just a problem that entitled millennials and brown people created if we are speaking to them about it face to face.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
His supporters were significantly against Wall Street, and all I'm hearing about is massive Wall Street deregulation.

People are starting to hear about Goldman Sachs folks are going to be in his administration and all, including a guy he lined up with Soros as evils.

No, when things turn to shit they'll pin everything on him, out him as either an atheist or even the anti-christ, tell them he did everything because it benefited himself and used his supreme power as the President to overrule or ignore their "true" path/purpose. In comes Pence to save the day.

I mean. Trump is the first atheist President. I believe he believes in none of religion.

Ploid 3.0

Trump is wall street as fuck, that's the irony.

Trump told people he enjoyed loopholes that benefited him. Did he ever promise not to help create more, and to work to shut down the loopholes that wealthy people use for profit?

A long time ago I remember seeing stories on Trump, how that although he went bankrupt many times (recently learned it was his companies), he was given chance after chance because he was valuable for other reason or something that I can't remember. Maybe that he would pay it back in other ways. I think this was before his Apprentice show went on air.

Maybe Trump owes a bank, or banks in general. We never got his tax returns, and never will. All of the people that are pretty much his sheep (Trump can do nothing to make me not vote for him. JimmyKimmel video, type of people) didn't care to demand he show it. They didn't care. Who knows what other surprises show up.

I doubt his supporters will even care, like others said, they will believe the GOP when the blame is shifted to minorities, Democrats, or solar panels stealing the sun.

I think it may be different especially if we open dialogue with them explain our position and let them know that its impossible to place blame on us. I mean they are going to have to realize that it can't be just a problem that entitled millennials and brown people created if we are speaking to them about it face to face.

Never underestimate conservatives' ability to link economic issues to race. Doubly so never underestimate people's willingness to buy into said narratives especially given the history of our country, the historical and repeated current use of southern strategy, and willingness to accept anything when one is desperate.

Dryk

Strip mining returns to the Rust Belt, just not the kind they were hoping for

What a surprise. 70 year old man with a history of screwing the little guy screws the little guy. And they thought he'd changed. Lol.
I really, really want to know what the proportion of people around the Great Lakes actually think he can help them is and how many know full well what they're doing and did it for attention

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
What a surprise. 70 year old man with a history of screwing the little guy screws the little guy. And they thought he'd changed. Lol.

Never underestimate conservatives' ability to link economic issues to race. Doubly so never underestimate people's willingness to buy into said narratives especially given the history of our country, the historical and repeated current use of southern strategy, and willingness to accept anything when one is desperate.

I'm in Texas around alot of Trump folks. I'm not afraid. I'm going to speak to them to make sure when this happens and it will. They know we have nothing to do with how hes ruining the country. If they don't want to hear it fine. We have to show that its not just them that are desperate for help. We all are.

How is it that people think he is anti-establishment when he's a billionaire who surrounds himself with the establishment? And not only the establishment, but the financial establishment that people think he's gonna go after.

This. It's been fucking insane since the beginning.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Strip mining returns to the Rust Belt, just not the kind they were hoping for

I really, really want to know what the proportion of people around the Great Lakes actually think he can help them is and how many know full well what they're doing and did it for attention
I'm sure it's a good split of people thinking he's looking out for them - and some who just wanted to fuck everything up.

He's not even pretending - this is basically proof he trod on their backs to get what he wanted. As if anyone's surprised.

Never use a financial adviser. They're always going to put their interests first, the company they work for second, and you way down the list behind the pet goldfish they bought for their kid. I've self managed my retirement and brokerage accounts for a long time and will never switch from that.

Crayolan

mshckd.gif

What is even the justification for this?

Trump is a businessman helping his businessman friends.

Donald "anti-establishment" Trump. lmfao.

Half this country are a bunch of rubes.

actually much less than half because voter turnout:

"the US Elections Project estimates that 131.7 million Americans cast a ballot in 2016, out of 231 million eligible voters — a turnout rate of 56.9 percent. "

So at nearly 50-50 for Trump that would be roughly 65 million people, which is only 20% of the total population.

Also, considering a lot of registered democrats didn't show, there might be reason to suggest resentful 'Bernie bros' might actually be the real dummies. At least Reps showed up. Blame your party members, not the otherwise highly qualified -and willing to accept Bernie's input- candidate.

This. It's been fucking insane since the beginning.

Some people are hands on learners. Telling them wont do much. Showing them will. With Trumps hands on the economy and it getting worse for low income folks they will certainly learn the hard way.

Some folks make hella mistakes before self realization kicks in. I know I have in life. Lord knows.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Sorry, the "BOTH SIDES" crap doesn't work anymore. Gonna have to let that go.

Huh.....

No you can your own distinctive reasons no one wants to vote for you. Fuck the other side and the reasons I didn't vote for her.

I even bitched about her VP choices or other problem all throughout the last year and the one before. She was a flawed candidate and despite how others have her own problems HRC unique ones were fucking kryptonite this year.

a916

Can he just do that? I'm not American so I'm not familiar the road this rule would have to go through... unless this is some sort of an executive order.

Does this not have to go through the house or the Senate?

SArcher

Banned
Can he just do that? I'm not American so I'm not familiar the road this rule would have to go through... unless this is some sort of an executive order.

Does this not have to go through the house or the Senate?

A republican house and senate - they'll happily agree.

rjc571

Banned
Are rich republicans seriously this blind? Exploitation of the lower and middle classes was the driving force behind the 2008 economic collapse, and with extreme right-wing policies in place it's guaranteed to happen again. It's like they never learn.

Are rich republicans seriously this blind? Exploitation of the lower and middle classes was the driving force behind the 2008 economic collapse, and with extreme right-wing policies in place it's guaranteed to happen again. It's like they never learn.

They already know this is going to be a short ride for them, they're going to push through as much shit as they can before they lose control again.

BFIB

They don't care. They got theirs.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
People want me to not side-eye the intelligence of voters who were told flat out this man is a con.
Yeah, you mean, smug liberal elitist. Show some compassion and understanding for these poor blithering imbeciles, or else you're the bad guy here. Or so I hear

RuGalz

They have ways to live through it or benefit from it, no worries.

DrBo42

So a little research tells me this is more of a retirement protection for folks and it's receiving heavy pushback from Republicans. Paul Ryan apparently wants it dead as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom