• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Took a break for a couple hours, can someone catch me up? Last I checked we'd lost to Misty... again.

Not much:

Misty - defeat, try grinding, give up grinding, try misty again

9th loss or so now.

As long as they are able to kill Staryu every time then at least some progress is being made. That last one was a nailbiter, one more whirlwind or sand attack and that may have been a total wash of a fight.

Finalow

need hypno in order to beat misty.

tumblr_lg5se2hKt41qb9dbjo1_500.gif

Moonstone... gone? So much wrong with this world... Jeez with 7k viewers it's getting to be even more of a clusterfuck than it already was.

Took a break for a couple hours, can someone catch me up? Last I checked we'd lost to Misty... again.

The only notable thing is that "we" tossed the Moon Stone but the chat is now more fast so the game is moving faster. Too bad troll's mother is always pregnant :D

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
This just broke the world record for the co-operative game with the most players.

trixx

when does pidgeotto learn wing attack should be able to curb stomp these starfishes if t takes away gust and everyone says "a"

I'm wondering the same thing MicH

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This just broke the world record for the co-operative game with the most players.

I am still not sure that it isnt actually a vs game.

ElFly

I think it benefits from being a bit freeform, too, not too linear. DQ1 could be great in that regard.

Only problem is that dying gets you all the way back to the castle. So it'd be 100x worse than dying here and trying to make your way back to Misty.

So what's the ETA on Pidgeotto being able to beat Starmie.

Because Jay Leno and ABBBBK are dead weights.

Toma

Only problem is that dying gets you all the way back to the castle.

So what's the ETA on Pidgeotto being able to beat Starmie.

Because Jay Leno and ABBBBK are dead weights.

Level 24, I'd say 5-6 hours.

MicH

The amount of people pressing Start has definitely gone up. It's like every other second now. [

The Charmander had Ember and was pretty high levelled.
Oh, it had Ember? Wow, I started watchen we they were stuck in the Spearow grass just before Mt Moon and it didn't have Ember then, so they must have had it forget it immediately. Aw

Koren

It's just... great.

I wish they would have handled the input in a different way : buffer something like 20 inputs, and decide using the majority. It would still have been a collaborative challenge, but at least the menu popping would have been limited to times where there are a majority of trolls.

trixx

I can't lie this mart portion is killing me, i'm dieing of laughter.

charmander is now a level 27 charmeleon lol

I wish that Twitch didn't have the 60 second delay.

I also want to see another game, something more reaction based. Maybe Super Mario Bros?

Marjar

Banned
The novelty of this is kind of lost when people are constantly spamming with bots and you can't actually get anything accomplished.

trixx

I wish that Twitch didn't have the 60 second delay.

I also want to see another game, something more reaction based. Maybe Super Mario Bros?

i wouldn't even want to watch that, it would be very bad. Pokemon is a really smart game for this.

bots are killing this now

ElFly

The novelty of this is kind of lost when people are constantly spamming with bots and you can't actually get anything accomplished.

Chat limits and delays mean the bots cannot do anything significant and only annoy.

It'd be different (and less noticeable) if the bots coordinated to give an specific series of inputs.

Bots are getting annoying.
If they actually get surf I can see those sections being a nightmare, due to having to walk to the waters edge and press A each time they want to surf.

Toma

Chat limits and delays mean the bots cannot do anything significant and only annoy.

It'd be different (and less noticeable) if the bots coordinated to give an specific series of inputs.

Still less fun than it was 5 hours ago though with people actually accomplising something.

need hypno in order to beat misty.

tumblr_lg5se2hKt41qb9dbjo1_500.gif
I guess they would stand a better chance against Seel.

It's just... great.

I wish they would have handled the input in a different way : buffer something like 20 inputs, and decide using the majority. It would still have been a collaborative challenge, but at least the menu popping would have been limited to times where there are a majority of trolls.
Macros and then commands for different situations (by reading memory you can tell these). Like in overworld have walking commands, in battle similar thing. It might make things even more chaotic with twich lag but its better than spending 5 minutes trying to use the dome fossil and run from Starmie.

It is a lot harder than just inputs though (think of the all the situations possible such as move learning*).

*-It would be interesting how to handle this. Do I look for a memory address or do I base it on the RAM for the text?

Wichu

If they actually get surf I can see those sections being a nightmare, due to having to walk to the waters edge and press A each time they want to surf.

You mean Start -> Pokémon -> select Pokémon with Surf -> use Surf.

R/B didn't have modern conveniences like 'simply pressing A while next to water'.

MicH

Actually, they have to go up to the water's edge, open menu, go to Pokemon, select Pokemon with the HM you want to use and then select that HM. No pressing A next to an object this gen :p

BlueMagic

In red and blue I believe you are force to get to the menu and choose the pokemon to do surf actually.
edit:beaten.

Top Bottom