• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Thread 2 - Don't Forget: You're here forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mit-

Realise that most bots are spamming democracy. Players will need to spam anarchy to counter that.

Anarchy is the name of the game. We dont do democratic stuff round these parts.
Oh I'm all for anarchy. I'm just saying even when we have anarchy it's hindered by the entire anarchy/democracy system.

Gameplay system votes should be triggered periodically or at will of the streamer. 99% of the time, the system's existence is counterproductive. Unless there is an actual gigantic obstacle, every time democracy is instated it will be rioted out.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll bet there's so many things about Pokemon Red that the numerous viewers are learning with this run.

Gen 1 Wrap and Sleep mechanics.
What do you mean by this? I know waking up from sleep takes a whole turn, but what's the matter with wrap?

oh um

hi smashgaf <:D

I heard you like Sylveon

250px-700Sylveon.png

harmonize

What do you mean by this? I know waking up from sleep takes a whole turn, but what's the matter with wrap?
It doesn't let you attack when the move is constricting you. It hasn't at all affected this run, since the move is still fairly weak and the AI isn't smart enough to spam it.

JulianImp

What others have said. It's especially bad when the AI paralyzes you first, since it means it gets to attack first and does wrap loops until you switch out or it misses.

Also, the AI having infinite PP means it can effectively wrap spam your whole team into submission if it's faster (or paralyzes them first).

Have been out since we defeated Giovanny. Wha'ts new? Why are we again inside tunnel Rock?

dropped the nugget
bought two great balls
wasted 1 great ball
used 1 great ball and caught a zubat
bought another great ball
oddish and zubat had names changed
found escape rope

we've essentially been grinding in between all that and are now.

Oddish has been properly baptized and renamed since my nap I see. Good good. A new addition as well? All is how the Helix wishes it.

(edit) emergency backup zubat as well. Good good.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is really making me want to buy a newer Pokemon. Should I get X/Y or older Black/White, GAF?
Haven't played gen 5, but you can't go wrong with X/Y. Loved Poke Y, and it's my 2013 GOTY.

Also, it's the game where I got my first and only shiny, Fennekin (thus my Braixen avatar).

todd360

I have a question. Whats our chances of running into a mew? Every poke is catchable on this rom right? How amazing would it be if we randomly caught a mew. The team of jesus bird, mew (hopefully with amazing nickname) and the derps

I have a question. Whats our chances of running into a mew? Every poke is catchable on this rom right? How amazing would it be if we randomly caught a mew. The team of jesus bird, mew (hopefully with amazing nickname) and the derps

I'm not even sure of it's appearance chance in this version, or where it may be that it might appear. Someone would have to do more research on it... that said, I'd say the odds would be practically zero since we don't often have pokeballs on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom