• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 154 |OT| Return of the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
No way GSP stands with Conduit. He could barely handle K1-Shields.

eCbhM.jpg

I'm going with GSP by yet another LnP UD.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There's no chance Georges loses but in case of a miracle, I've already prepared my "Thank you, GSP" post.

Heel

He had the perfect game plan against Diaz, who - at almost no point in the fight - could control the flow of the fight. I was honestly impressed. Everyone who thought Diaz might/should have won was probably watching a different fight. It wasn't a dominant performance, but a very good, calm, strategical one.

ElTopo don't listen to these clowns, you're absolutely correct. I saw flashes of Muhammed Ali in Carlos that night. Floating and stinging, circling away from the power with amazing footwork. It was a real treat that these barbaric Ultimate fans cannot comprehend.

I've been going over his UFC career for a rough draft of my "Who did GSP actually beat?" speech.

At least GSP will fight anyone at the top of the division. I'm sure if there was a guy on a 9-0 run with 6 of those fights being wins by KO or sub, GSP would gladly take the fight and not move up a division to fight the real life version of a Campbell soup container.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Neither of them have the gameplanning of UFC great Grego Jackson, so neither of them will know how to avoid the fight. That means someone is getting finished.

Watching the weigh-ins on Xbox even though Sportsnet is showing it live

The feed is pretty good, looks like they fixed a lot of the problems

Damn is one of the best UFC last names

Stout has a bull tattooed on his back and hes fighting the "Bull" lol

LOL

Did he mean to do that?

At the UFC 140 weigh-ins one of the fighters almost faceplanted running up the steps, can't remember who it was

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
I'm torn.. I hate GSP's fights since serra KO'd him.
But if he actually came out and took some risks again..I'd love to see him win.

ElTopo don't listen to these clowns, you're absolutely correct. I saw flashes of Muhammed Ali in Carlos that night. Floating and stinging, circling away from the power with amazing footwork. It was a real treat that these barbaric Ultimate fans cannot comprehend.
I saw flashes of Kalib Starnes in Conduit that night.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
He had the perfect game plan against Diaz, who - at almost no point in the fight - could control the flow of the fight. I was honestly impressed. Everyone who thought Diaz might/should have won was probably watching a different fight. It wasn't a dominant performance, but a very good, calm, strategical one.

i like you.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Condit fights like a moist dude. "What an amazing performance from that wet blanket!!"

Gimme a break.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Here are my picks for tomorrow after much internal debate:

polyh3dron_144.jpg

quite a few tough fits to pick, imo. i went with:

god st pierre - dec
hendricks - dec
carmont - sub
philippou - tko
hominick - tko (he is due for a win.... right?)
cote - tko
griggs - tko
dos anjos - dec
stout - dec
damn - sub
maguire - sub
menjivar - tko
elkins - tko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom