• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 211 OT - Stipe "Immigrant Mentality" Miocic vs Junior "Cigano" dos Santos

Noticed at the weigh-ins Joe Rogan wearing his sponsors shirt, haha so f*cked that Rogan can do whatever he wants and the fighters get shafted.

I guess I'll make my predictions. I'm fully prepared to be wrong on almost all of these though

Stipe via late 3rd or 4th rd KO / TKO
Joanna champion decision
Maia via 2nd Rd Sumbmission
Yair via decision
Eddie Alvarez via decision.

Totally crap shoot here. I don't feel super confident in a single one of those but that's where I'm leaning for the night

Could have went tonight but damn the closer tickets were way out of my range and thought I'd probably just enjoy it more here.

Got to be second row last night at Rogan's stand up show tho. He was on fire...and high as hell.

Could have went tonight but damn the closer tickets were way out of my range and thought I'd probably just enjoy it more here.

Got to be second row last night at Rogan's stand up show tho. He was on fire...and high as hell.

Nice! I saw some pics from that Rogan show last night and it looked PACKED. He was posting on social media the crowd was amazing

PureYeti

I posted this in the MMA thread, but DC and Chiesa were way too sensitive IMO.

Jones: How are you gonna tell your kids you never beat that guy Jon Jones?
Cormier: Don't fucking talk about my kids! DON'T FUCKING TALK ABOUT MY KIDS YOU BUM! Keep my kids name out your mouth!

Lee: He wanted this fight because it'll be in OKC, I know his mom got tickets...
Chiesa: Don't talk about my mom! DON'T YOU FUCKING TALK ABOUT MY MOM!

DC was always sensitive though, we knew that. And all the cussing, especially the N bomb, shows how emotional and sensitive this guy really is.

Lol yes I agree. Man I'm reading this with their voice in my head.

The overall consensus seems to be that in the verbal fight at the Press Conference DC got the better of Jones, which I'd have to agree quite a bit.

That said Jones will likely win the actual fight

And as far as Kevin Lee he is a total douche and has been for a long time

N° 2048

DC lost a daughter in a car accident and Jones is a known dangerous driver so take that for what it is.
Chiesa also lost his father during TUF and Lee was heard saying the words "mom" and "dad" so that could be enough to trigger Chiesa.

I just wanna see these two fights.

Afrikan

The overall consensus seems to be that in the verbal fight at the Press Conference DC got the better of Jones, which I'd have to agree quite a bit.

And doesn't do shit when he fights. You'd think he's some great KO artist trying to move up the rankings with people avoiding him or something, with how much shit he talks.

Dude is a fake.

BadAss2961

DC kinda quieted Jones, but Jones is in his head. Only Jon brings that kind of emotion out of him.

And doesn't do shit when he fights. You'd think he's some great KO artist trying to move up the rankings with people avoiding him or something, with how much shit he talks.

Dude is a fake.

Yeah he drives me nuts. After almost every event he goes on Twitter talks enormous shit about people with much more proven records than him. Lee's only notable win ever is Trinaldo, and even here he's trashing on Chiesa, who has way more wins against quality opponents than he does.

Like I get the trash talk game. Hell I love Conor and he does it, but he also got in there against big highly ranked opponents and went straight after the people he talked shit about. Kevin Lee trashes on fighters all the time out of his weight class or people he will clearly never fight and doesn't have any impressive victories yet.

I'll change my tune if all the sudden he starts backing it up and taking out killers / high ranked opponents, but as now it just seems really fake and forced.

DC kinda quieted Jones, but Jones is in his head. Only Jon brings that kind of emotion out of him.

Yup I don't disagree on that. Jones clearly gets under DC skin, as was clear by all the cursing and way DC was acting. I just if I had to give an edge to one of them on their trash talk at that particular conference I think DC edged him overall. They both had some great zingers though

Afrikan

So has anyone ordered any recent events from PSN? with Sony's new approach to UFC PPVs?

the old Events Viewer was horrible. But now it seems like they have a dedicated app for each live event. Anyone know how the quality is? is it still SD?

I don't want to find out how the quality is on such a big event. I might just order through the UFC App and Chromecast it or use the older UFC app on my LG Oled.

So has anyone ordered any recent events from PSN? with Sony's new approach to UFC PPVs?

the old Events Viewer was horrible. But now it seems like they have a dedicated app for each live event. Anyone know how the quality is? is it still SD?

I don't want to find out how the quality is on such a big event. I might just order through the UFC App and Chromecast it or use the older UFC app on my LG Oled.

I usually get the events through PSN due to how much cheaper it is. It can be in HD as long as your signal is strong enough. Only issue is that during the really big PPV's it cuts out sometimes. I don't think that should be an issue tonight and that's where I'm getting it, but during like big Conor or Ronda fights its been known to fuck up

Afrikan

I usually get the events through PSN due to how much cheaper it is. It can be in HD as long as your signal is strong enough. Only issue is that during the really big PPV's it cuts out sometimes. I don't think that should be an issue tonight and that's where I'm getting it, but during like big Conor or Ronda fights its been known to fuck up

Have you notice a difference with their new approach? compared to the old Live Events Viewer?

Does it have a different look? options?

Does it use the PS4 Media App?

N° 2048

Still not used to Dustin with hair, but it looks good.
Dustin-Poirier_94675_FighterProfile_45.png

Afrikan

I've never seen Jessica Aguilar fight before. Her record is incredibly deceptive.

She was ranked #1 for a long time, before UFC started their women's division.

She was more of a wrestler/grappler back in the day. But the more different fighters you come across....from different organizations. You'll eventually see where you are really at...and what you need to improve on.

I'm curious to see how Branch does tonight. Dude was getting whooped on in the UFC, went to the lower league... won the belt and has stayed the Champ. Now he's back. Don't know what the fuck is going to happen.

Nice! I saw some pics from that Rogan show last night and it looked PACKED. He was posting on social media the crowd was amazing

Verizon Theatre here seats 5k-6k I thing. Probably more on the 6k range when they have a pit for music (been there plenty of times for that).

Also Ian Edwards and Tony Hinchcliffe were great too, but when Rogan was on it was like 70 minutes of intensity like no other. Definitely the best comedy show I have seen. And all the material was basically new too, I think he only used about 10% of his last Netflix special. I don't know if you are from Texas, but he even did a Buc-ee's bit, which was amazing. Added to the special-ness of the show, he really has mastered the art or standup.

Honestly Vick vs the winner of Kevin Lee vs Chiesa sounds pretty spot on. I'd like to see that. Though they may want to put the winner against a higher ranked opponent

Top Bottom