• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni |OT| of Witches Trolling, Super Paper, and Small Bombs

Only one actual choice in the episode, the rest are more like puzzles and don't really serve much of a purpose other than to be fun and change a really tiny thing depending on how many you solve. It branches into a "bad" end, and the good end that also unlocks the tea party and ???.

cj_iwakura

I really just don't know what to make of Bernkastel anymore.

Is she truly a hateful, malicious, scythe-wielding bitch, or is it all a facade to help Ange see the truth?

I really like her 'calm, rational, emotionless' side more than the hateful troll one, so I hope it's the latter.

The way I understood, she's whatever the hell she needs to be to prevent boredom.

What really fucks my mind is the 1998 stuff.

I really just don't know what to make of Bernkastel anymore.

Is she truly a hateful, malicious, scythe-wielding bitch, or is it all a facade to help Ange see the truth?

I really like her 'calm, rational, emotionless' side more than the hateful troll one, so I hope it's the latter.

She is both ...she goes from either side when she is bored .. - i have to agree that without her EP8 would have been boring

cj_iwakura

Episode 8 is done. True end, too.

Glad I stuck with left.

Beautiful ending.

Lambdaaaaaaa. :(
(Even though she came back.)

cj_iwakura

Finally put some time into Ougon.

+
Love the background design, sound, aesthetics.

-
God this is some cheap AI. Rot in hell, EVA.

Are there any movelists anywhere? Didn't see any in-game.
(Yes, it supports Saturn USB! Yaaay.)

cj_iwakura

Forgive my ignorance but what's half-assed about it? It does seem odd that they split it into two uneven parts, but other than that...?

From what I saw of it, they make the genuinely dramatic stuff look silly instead of horrifying like in the VN.

Also very, very condensed, but to be expected from a VN adaptation.

Danj

From what I saw of it, they make the genuinely dramatic stuff look silly instead of horrifying like in the VN.

Also very, very condensed, but to be expected from a VN adaptation.

Ohhh I see you meant the anime was half-assed, I thought you were referring to NISA's release of it.

cj_iwakura

Uh, so does this deserve a thread?

Yes it's crap, but if it sells and causes a clamoring for the VN to get an official release...

cress2000

In November, Yen Press is releasing the first volume of the manga, which to my understanding is a very worthy adaptation. I'll be collecting that rather than NISA's anime.

Same here, but the “different episodes all runnin at the same time“ thing is gonna make it annoying. Oh well, at least only the Chiru mangas are still incomplete now.

Chrysalis

Umineko newbie here. I've started Chapter 1, but with all of the exposition, I'd like to know there's a payoff. Do all of the pieces fit well in the end? No spoilers, I just want to know whether the writers lose control of the plot or not.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The ending is pretty divisive so it depends on who you ask but I was satisfied with it, but even if you don't like the ending the ride there is VERY entertaining.

Umineko newbie here. I've started Chapter 1, but with all of the exposition, I'd like to know there's a payoff. Do all of the pieces fit well in the end? No spoilers, I just want to know whether the writers lose control of the plot or not.

The solution is given for all the problems the player/character has to face for this episode and during later episodes.
It's not the solution everyone was looking for but it's a legit solution.

I loved All 8 chapters.. Just be advised that it's impossible to figure what's really going on untill the end of chapter 4

1 to 4 are the exposition chapters
5 to 8 are the answers chapters to give you the answers you need.

cj_iwakura

Bit of a cross post, but I hope you all enjoy.

Golden Fantasia's in beta testing.

I'm optimistic for a release within a month.

OkcmRxm.jpg

HN0strP.jpg

AtbocLj.jpg

0SmH4W5.jpg

9MaFhdw.jpg

z56FrWP.jpg

k4IC3A0.jpg

u23SFH2.jpg

uZc2vNg.jpg

FZFbaeq.jpg

0TFAXv9.jpg

ZBkfQ5K.jpg

mFlGWrg.jpg

cj_iwakura

Does anyone here happen to have translated lyrics for Ougon Musou's OP? All I can find are romanized, and I'm currently encoding subs for the fan translation.

Thanks!

Kind of sad the Umineko community isn't that interested int he project, but oh well.

We're in open beta. All scenarios done. If any of you Umi scholars want to help, now's the time.

Just so you know i glad for the updates ...
It's been a long time so where are you located anyway ?

It's a roundabout way of asking where to get the open beta patch ( i still have the original game looking at me )

cj_iwakura

Just so you know i glad for the updates ...
It's been a long time so where are you located anyway ?

It's a roundabout way of asking where to get the open beta patch ( i still have the original game looking at me )

I can either email you the file, or upload it someplace. For now, it's just a matter of replacing the vscript bin.

cj_iwakura

Oh my god. Ryukishi07 responded when I contacted 07th.

すごい! 英語になってる!! 英語化パッチですか?!(竜)
[It's great! Is in English! -English patch?]

yeah great .. he was very supportive of the original game translation so i think this doesn't surprise me.

Feel free to choose the way you want for the trans file , and Pm me method of patching..
i'll give you my thoughts ASAP

Top Bottom