• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo [Up: Sony - Was running at 30 fps]

Point is its a different scene altogether.

Why does AC Unity have terrible lighting?

looks like there is only diffuse light at that hour of the day, morning or something like that I imagine. hence no shadow, like walking out at 8 am.

-- on point though, I agree that we can't claim the scene would not look the same, but we can't claim it does look the same either, yet. All we know is that previously,we saw a shot that had things going on that made it look more appealing. And that today we saw scenes that looked nice for other reasons, but the close up of Drake was more sophisticately shot on the teaser than in the opening of the footage we got today.

The problem with this U4 demonstration, in my opinion: it was very unremarkable. I mean... all of the same we're used to see in every Uncharted game. And it was a long gameplay section. IMO: they should have showed an awesome trailer followed by a 4-5 minute gameplay section of an actually interesting bit of the game.

Saving it for E3.

Cidd

Are people really complaining about the graphics of a game that's still a year away from release?

Jesus, I think I need to find a new hobby....

Piggus

Looks incredible, but more importantly there seems to be more variety in the gameplay. Definitely got a Last of Us vibe from it.

Lol at the "downgrade" bullshit. I swear some people are never satisfied.

psn

Since when is this driveby and concern trolling allowed here? The thread would lose half of it's pages without it...

Shin-Ra

kveuyj.gif
They just need to improve the hair blending (might be a depth of field intersection issue as much as the hair transparency) and a bit of the layering on the back of his head and it looks almost perfect in a stylised game.

A lot of people are reaching for a reaction

Fact:

The e3 reveal was as Ingame realtime video rendered from game assets

This is an ingame cutscene running realtime as gameplay

Think of it this way

The e3 reveal is like a photo mode and this was the gameplay actual shot

It's not hard to understand this folks

gamerMan

Don't know if posted

uncharted-4-ps4-9.jpg

uncharted-4-ps4-8.jpg

It is obvious that the discrepancy between the E3 cut-scene and this gameplay is massive. I wonder if Naughty Dog will render all of the cut scenes in real time this time around as the difference is too huge. We might never see the E3 cut scene in the game.

The most obvious area is the lighting. Nathan doesn't appear to have any self shadowing or self occlusion in the close up pic. I wonder if Naughty Dog will change the lighting model in the final release.

That said even though there is a huge difference in geometry, materials, shadows and lighting, I still think this is one of the best real time models I have seen this generation. It looks way better than Uncharted on PS3, especially with the facial animations.

reKon

Banned
I bet like half of the game is already playable. Everything just looked so polished. When a standard gameplay demo has you itching to play Uncharted again, that's when you know you're doing something right. The E3 gameplay is really going to be where ND starts flexing. Bruce Staley being one of the individuals heading this seems to be the difference maker.

Honestly, I wouldn't even care if the graphics don't look any better than this. Just put much more focus on the animations (which look nearly flawless right now), tight gun play, AI, stealth, and intricate level design, and I'll be happy. I want the majority of gameplay to be situations where it's a cat and mouse game and you can choose to engage or if you're good enough you can avoid combat completely. There was not very much of this in Uncharted 2 or 3.

Yet, there are morons in this thread who are saying that gameplay has not evolved at all. It's Uncharted... except more evolved and improved and there's still a lot of time left in development.

le-seb

This is what I assume what it's supposed to look like or at least a closer approximation had the gamma settings were okay.
Yes, but no : gamma correction won't recover the shades of black/white that have been lost in the process.
There, you've gone from washed out whites to crushed blacks.

Since when is this driveby and concern trolling allowed here? The thread would lose half of it's pages without it...

It's really irritating because not much has been said except "lol downgrade" or "wow Naughty Dog can't hit 60fps" on a game that's about a year away. Ridiculous .

Well I can tell you that the Halo 5 beta looks kinda crappy at 720p compared to Halo 4 at 1080p.

Nah, that's just a beta. They are even using assets similar to Halo 4, one guy (I think it was LukasTaves) showed a comparison picture. Real deal will be next year, on E3 probably. Then I will want to see people's reaction.

Man you are blatant

Uncharted 4 Thread

Bloodborne thread

Zelda thread

About No Man's Sky

Disgusting. Is this guy sole purpose to shit on all game graphics?

Everyone with functioning eyes and a brain can see how amazing this U4 looks setting a new benchmark.

I haven't seen one game mentioned (lol TR:DE) that looks better than this. With gameplay to match!

I bet like half of the game is already playable. Everything just looked so polished. When a standard gameplay demo has you itching to play Uncharted again, that's when you know you're doing something right. The E3 gameplay is really going to be where ND starts flexing. Bruce Staley being one of the individuals heading this seems to be the difference maker.

Honestly, I wouldn't even care if the graphics don't look any better than this. Just put much more focus on the animations (which look nearly flawless right now), tight gun play, AI, stealth, and intricate level design, and I'll be happy. I want the majority of gameplay to be situations where it's a cat and mouse game and you can choose to engage or if you're good enough you can avoid combat completely. There was not very much of this in Uncharted 2 or 3.

Yet, there are morons in this thread who are saying that gameplay has not evolved at all. It's Uncharted... except more evolved and improved and there's still a lot of time left in development.

This is what is amazing. The game is a year from going gold and we have already achieved 1080p at 30 fps with THESE graphics

Amazing

Think about it . 1 more year of upgrades

Portugeezer

First gameplay we have seen.

Downgrade from what... a cutscene trailer? Some of you guys must be straight up trolling, or are just really concerned for the game.

Piggus

PC has spoiled me.

PC elitist give PC gamers a bad name. If you can't appreciate what ND is doing with the hardware then I can only assume you're one of those PC gamers who doesn't know anything about their own hardware or the hardware that's in the PS4.

daman824

What else could you say.
Sorry. I guess it's just disappointing. Overall, games this gen are going to look good. But not as good as we were led to believe. this isn't just about Sony or this game. everyone seems to be doing this kind of stuff.

At least it means the generation won't last as long.

i-Lo

PC has spoiled me.

Then you're knowingly trolling in these threads.

Yes, but no : gamma correction won't recover the shades of black/white that have been lost in the process.
There, you've gone from washed out whites to crushed blacks.

Indeed. But the idea is to simply replace the greys with actual blacks and a proportional variation therein correlating to the grey parts.

Some pictures with actual corrected levels for PC (16-235 video properly converted to 0-255):

Much better thanks.

Huge jump over Uncharted 3 going back and watching videos of that and I remember Uncharted 3 looking incredible when I played it. They haven't even shown any of the big set pieces off yet either like the plane crash from 3.

Disgusting. Is this guy sole purpose to shit on all game graphics?

Everyone with functioning eyes and a brain can see how amazing this U4 looks setting a new benchmark.

I haven't seen one game mentioned (lol TR:DE) that looks better than this. With gameplay to match!

It's not worth it. The guy has been exposed as a troll, he'll get what's coming to him.

Top Bottom