• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unlikely couple: Liaison between a Sika deer and a Japanese snow monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Video
In 2014 reports of an Antarctic fur seal coercing king penguins into sexual relations made headlines worldwide, as it was the first time that such behavior between unrelated species was documented. However, it does not seem to be a unique occurrence in nature: In the journal Primates published by Springer, researchers report on the mating behavior observed between a Japanese macaque male (also known as snow monkey) and a female Sika deer. According to lead author Marie Pelé of the University of Strasbourg in France, the interaction observed in Japan differed from the Antarctic case, as it involved sexual interaction without penetration, and also included mate guarding by the monkey.
“This macaque was a non-troop adult male, in other words low in hierarchy. He was therefore probably either peripheral or belonged to a group of peripheral males, as other males were observed in the vicinity of the deer,” says Pelé.

Thought it was interesting. More on the video's description.

Also, I remember hearing something about chimpanzees and frogs. Nature can certainly be weird at times.

Lock if old.

When dis YouTube start having a little video embedded in the right side of a video? It popped up during the last 20-30 seconds and I couldn't get rid of it.

What kind of deer would want to marry an Asian monkey?

mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gif

On topic..... Nature is wild, fam.

I recall Sika Deer and the japanese monkeys have a kind of symbiotic (well less necessary, more they just tend to team up) relationship in general so this was obviously just the next step.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
man that was annoying.

btw, at least this seemed like love not like those fur seals raping the poor penguins

I was like "What" when I was reading the article in the OP and they said "coerced". That seal raping the penguin is fucked. And all the other penguins are looking around like nothing is happening.

Edit: LMAO at the deer in the video looking at the camera like "yeah this is happening".

bengraven

All this sexual deviancy is immoral. What next, open up a deer sex toys store? Allow them to marry?! Good God man.

Edit: no penetration?! This IS Japan isn't it?

What kind of deer would want to marry an Asian monkey?

Holy shit...lol

Also are we sure this isn't an American monkey? Having sex out of boredom. Leaving his woman unsatisfied. Jumping off and going back to the drudgery of life. Fighting off males just for looking at his woman.

This monkey is my dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom