• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

School Told to Call Kids ‘Purple Penguins’ Because ‘Boys and Girls’ Is Not Inclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, this is quite weird. I understand how people might want to diminish differences between sexes, but "Purple Penguins" sounds like an utterly ridiculous phrase.

Also, about that "Boy, girl, both or neither" thing... I'd say primary/middle schoolers don't really need to know about all that. I'd say keep things simple, and if you absolutely have to include the concept of not being a boy or a girl in school curriculum or have the schools explain it, it can wait until high school.

Just my two pence.

EDIT: Is... the state of not being a boy or girl not a private matter? In that case, I'd say that let those that do feel that way be and promote themselves to society as such, though besides keeping them from being discriminated, there isn't much else to be done in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom