• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Up] James Gunn fired for racism, jokes about rape and pedophilia

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
While a nice thought, they're likely all under contract, so I can't see them being able to do this.

As I see it, the message is: we're not happy about this, we need to stop letting mob mentality ruin lives, we also need to be careful not to enable those mobs in the first place.

Funny how all of sudden, now, they speak up though (fellow actors/etc.). Guess it took the mob taking out one of their own for them to tell "both sides" to calm the fuck down.

Last edited:
$

the GotG cast has backed him on this.

TrainedRage

Banned
Look at all the pedo sympathizers in Hollywood! I'm shocked!

Can you imagine the response if Gunn was a conservative or Trump supporter? They would all be like, "throw him in jail"!!!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The problem is if James Gunn is reinstated, Disney will instantly be under pressure to undo the Roseanne decision. (Perhaps a false equivalency, but there it is.)

Those two things are the same. But you are probably right.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Funny how all of sudden, now, they speak up though (fellow actors/etc.). Guess it took the mob taking out one of their own for them to tell "both sides" to calm the fuck down.
Was going to post the same sentiment.

That letter, whilst well intentioned is dripping with hypocrisy.

Top Bottom