• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vancouver-Age |OT| 125 Years

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
http://www.theprovince.com/business...rey+mansion+owned+student/11912936/story.html

did you people see this? 31Mio-home in Point Grey is owned by a "student" with 34k/month mortgage payments

NOTHING TO SEE HERE

THERE IS NO HOUSING CRISIS

MOVE ALONG
07-minister.jpg

Toronto planning their sixth meetup this year. Have we even had one?

We cancelled the Feb one due to timing with everyone's schedules.

We should get one during the summer months and near the water on the patio or something. That would be great.

Just stay away from gaming events happening as I won't be around :[ (ie: E3)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Any place not literally Tabris' baby crib will be too far away for him anyway.

How about the pub near the seawalk with the water fountains in front of it, forgot the name

Any place not literally Tabris' baby crib will be too far away for him anyway.

How about the pub near the seawalk with the water fountains in front of it, forgot the name

No clue...? Where? West End? Coal Harbour? Yaletown? haha

How about Mahony & Sons ?

Convention Center has a nice view along the Seawall of North Van and Stanley Park and the sea planes taking off

https://goo.gl/maps/87JabrJdBiL2

The False Creek one also has a patio.

https://goo.gl/maps/BEBx1Ns6XqC2

Both are close to Skytrain. Convention Center is at Waterfront and False Creek is at Olympic Village.

Smiley90

lol

I looked it up, I meant The Mill Bistro which apparently closed down to become a mini-Tap&Barrel. I'm okay with that, liked the old place though.

Smiley90

That penthouse condo with the tree on it.

No man, the Keefer Penthouse with the see-through pool takes that cake

I went to that Tap & Barrel earlier this week and had the worst service :/

damnit, I liked that place :/ my dad is coming to visit me next week and we went there the last two times he came cause he liked it. Now I'll have to tell him it was replaced with an inferior one? boo.

Firestorm

Might have just been a large party thing. We had 11 people. They split us over two tables for obvious reasons which was fine. However, we had to wait so long the other half received their food before they even took our half's orders even though we sat at the same time. One of our party's food never came and another had his food come out cold =/

Food wasn't anything special. I still tipped a bit as the person was clearly new. Maybe it'll be better with two people.

For a meetup, I'm free on like the 25th weekend I think but basically busy outside that.

Smiley90

Which Tap & Barrel? I've been to the convention center one but they aren't close enough to the water.

Olympic Village one looks pretty okay.

Formerly the Mill Bistro, just a bit west along the seawall from the convention centre

G_Berry

Banned
Hey Vancouver GAF! On holiday here with the Mrs and just looking for any cool restaurant / bar / club recommendations.

We were told to hit gas town obviously and we plan on going to the XP Bar too.

Thanks!

trifelife

Hey Vancouver GAF! On holiday here with the Mrs and just looking for any cool restaurant / bar / club recommendations.

Thanks!

Pretty good beer trip on Main St.
Alibi Room, Main and Alexander (GOAT)
Brassneck, Main in between 5th and 6th
33 Acres, 8th and Ontario

Lots of food on Main as well.

Smiley90

Thanks!

define "cool"

good atmosphere? Try Craft (bar/pub) in Olympic Village
good restaurant/food? Try SO MANY places. off the top of my head:

Sura - Korean on Cardero/Robson (Ap Gu Jung closed down I'm so upset)
Le Crocodile (Burrard - pricey French place, but delicious Fois Gras. OPULENCE.)
Gotham - fantastic steakhouse
Yaletown in general has some really nice patios where you can enjoy the sun, atmosphere and a good beer

clubbing sucks balls so I can't help you with that. But there's plenty of them on Granville.

I second the Alibi Room recommendation. Great taplist and killer brunch menu.

My wife and I used to absolutely love Bin 941, but we had a bad experience there a couple years ago. More than willing to give them another chance.

Last summer we ate at Tavola, which was awesome.

Except Central City now has a location in Vancouver.

If you have a car and like beer, heading down to Four Winds' taproom in Delta is totally worth it.

G_Berry

Banned
Thanks for the recommendations gaf. Ended up at a few places tonight.

Started at The Greek by Anatoli and ended up spending a few hours getting mang'd in The Tavern in Yaletown round the corner. Both awesome places!!!

It's 1AM and I'm smashed watching CNN coverage of the mass shooting :(

Bed time I think (plus, fuck Trump)

Smiley90

people are fucking weird

and bad

https://www.facebook.com/HuffPostBC/posts/872725689503883

The Metro Vancouver Transit Police are looking for three men who attacked a Good Samaritan after he stopped them from sexually harassing a female passenger.
On June 9 at about 11:20 pm, the three suspects boarded the SkyTrain at Sperling Station and told the woman that they were going to follow her home.
One sat beside her, and joked with his friends about raping her, according to a news release.
The Good Samaritan approached and told him to leave the woman alone, leading the first suspect to start swearing and threatening him.
At Lougheed Station, the Good Samaritan got off the train — and was followed by two of the suspects who punched him in the face and upper body, before getting back on the SkyTrain.
The victim boarded a separate car, held the door open and pushed the emergency alarm strip. The three suspects again approached and punched him again before fleeing.
Transit police arrived moments later, but could not locate the suspects.
The victim was taken to hospital with a bleeding nose and a sore left forearm. He was treated and later released.
Suspect 1 is described as a white male, 20 to 25 years old, six feet tall, thin build, short brown hair, wearing a red Hurley shirt, blue jeans and a black baseball hat.
Suspect 2 is described as a white male, early 20s, 5’9” tall, medium to heavy build, short brown hair, short beard and moustache, wearing a blue NFL jersey with the name “Johnson” and the number 81 on the front, and dark jeans.
Suspect 3 is described as a white male, 20 years old, 5’9” tall, heavy build, short brown hair, wearing a grey sweatshirt with red hood and sleeves, black shorts, and grey skate shoes.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Transit Police at (604) 515-8300 or text at 87 77 77.

"On June 9 at about 11:20 pm, the three suspects boarded the SkyTrain at Sperling Station and told the woman that they were going to follow her home.
One sat beside her, and joked with his friends about raping her, according to a news release."

what the fuck?

Smiley90

Delta is trash tier suburb. Scott Road is only 2nd to No 3 in Richmond.

I am very confused by this statement.

In terms of Suburbs it clearly goes

Burnaby > Coquitlam > WestVan > NorthVan > Richmond > PoCo > NewWest > Delta > Surrey

royale

I am very confused by this statement.

In terms of Suburbs it clearly goes

Burnaby > Coquitlam > WestVan > NorthVan > Richmond > PoCo > NewWest > Delta > Surrey

You forgot Vancouver. It just occurred to me while driving to community centres all over for drop-in sports. Anything outside of downtown core is a "suburb". The layout, the residential areas, non-walkability, bad traffic -- nothing urban about it.

Smiley90

You forgot Vancouver. It just occurred to me while driving to community centres all over for drop-in sports. Anything outside of downtown core is a "suburb". The layout, the residential areas, non-walkability, bad traffic -- nothing urban about it.

well fair enough, I counted Vancouver in general, but alright, Vancouver would obv be the best suburb lol.

NetMapel

well fair enough, I counted Vancouver in general, but alright, Vancouver would obv be the best suburb lol.
Burnaby remains #1 mostly due to my mere presence in it ;)

Vancouve suburb got Tabris and that's an automatic 100 points deduction right there.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
people are fucking weird

and bad

"On June 9 at about 11:20 pm, the three suspects boarded the SkyTrain at Sperling Station and told the woman that they were going to follow her home.
One sat beside her, and joked with his friends about raping her, according to a news release."

what the fuck?

They have been found by the police apparantly

NetMapel

I think Surrey is better than Delta though. What is there to do in Delta?

Also White Rock/South Surrey is indeed nice if you have a car!

Top Bottom