• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Via DanielRPK] Sony is rumored to be making a Bloodborne movie

crHUYIG.jpg

yOLTeAY.jpg

Last edited:

vivftp

If there is a PS Productions project underway then that means a very high chance there's game content in the works to go with it. That's how PlayStation has been operating with PS Productions projects

Uncharted movie -> Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection PS5/PC
TLOU HBO -> TLOU Part 1 PS5/PC
Gran Turismo Movie -> GT7 PS5/PSVR2 (maybe PC coming based on Nvidia leak)
Twisted Metal show -> New game in development at Firesprite
Ghost of Tsushima movie -> Ghost of Tsushima 2

We'll have to see what they might have planned if they go ahead with the Gravity Rush, Days Gone and Jak & Daxter PS Productions projects, but so far everything they've done has had some sort of gaming content to align with it. In the event that there is a PS Productions project underway for Bloodborne, that massively increases the odds of a PS5/PC version of the game coming out.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Doesn't matter how good the game is it doesn't mean it will make a good TV show or movie....escpially game like this which story is very vague and told in none-cinematic way.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Loved this movie as a teen. Haven't watched it since then. I wonder how it's aged.

It’s a long long movie. I tried rewatching it a while back and it felt like it took ages for anything to happen.

I wish they’d leave it alone. 🤦🏻‍♂️ if they can’t make a remaster or help fund a sequel then just leave it alone.

Sony will do anything that isn't a Bloodborne PC port.
Bloodborne and Ghosts of Tsushima with a dash of The Last Guardian is all I want from Sony on PC. The other stuff, I can kind of give or take for a while, but they have some crazy gems stuck and unappreciated the way they should be on last-gen.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
They're leading up to the SCU (Sony Cinematic Universe). In the not to distant future, we'll have confirmation that all these films based on PlayStation IPs are linked in the same universe.

We'll then get a Playstation All Stars movie where Nathan Drake, Ellie, John Doe, Rachet and Clank, Kratos, Aloy, Jin, the Hunter from Bloodborne and the driver from Gran Turismo have to team up and save the universe from Dr Nefarious and his Chimera army.

yurinka

If there is a PS Productions project underway then that means a very high chance there's game content in the works to go with it.
I think the most likely we'll get is a PC port + maybe a PS5 update/"remaster".

And if that and the movie perform well enough then they would start working on a sequel if/when FromSoft is available.

Last edited:
One big positive to take from this is that Sony acknowledges the existence of this IP so we may have a PS5/PC port and who knows even a future collaboration FromSoftwareXPlayStation.

Metnut

seems likely that Bluepoint is making Bloodborne 2. Understand that a lot of people aren’t going to be happy about that but I’m willing to give them a chance

nial

Gold Member
These mf’s can’t even be bothered to release a PS5 patch for Bloodborne but they’re willing to make a movie?

Not a chance.
Think about it, why would they release a free PS5 patch for Bloodborne if they can sell you a 60fps remaster when this movie comes out?
Not that I like it, but it absolutely makes sense.

Last edited:

Gojiira

If its true, they BETTER have Guillermo Del Toro directing, literally no other director would nail the atmosphere and visuals, literally no director comes close.
Sony dont fuck around, give it to fucking Del Toro you cucks…

Last edited:
Top Bottom