• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Via DanielRPK] Sony is rumored to be making a Bloodborne movie

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I can see everyone coming out the pictures not having a fucking clue what's just happened in the film and being called dirty casuals.

Yes, yes I can. Blood borne was my first foray into dark souls type games and I didn’t understand a damn thing about it. I didn’t realize the story was through items and you piece it together.

Let me tell you, do not be a newby and ask for help on certain forums. Folks will slay you with the “Git Good!”.

Even though it was bummer with no help at first, I laughed my butt off at how people would talk crap to me like they knew me or something. It was very funny and a great time. I then slowly learned how to play, beat it, then got hammered in dark souls because it played nothing like it! O had to relearn everything again.

Man, Bloodborne will always have a place in my heart. I retired that year and was depressed. My children told me about it and how intense it was and would give me small rushes that would help me out. Turned out they were a 100 percent right.

Last edited:
Mood Reaction GIF by HRejterzy

I don't want a movie! I want a decent pc port or a 60fps patch for the ps5!

poodaddy

The guy who wrote Gemini Man and the producer of GI Joe and Transformers.....

Boy, who could you trust more to deliver a respectful and interesting interpretation of such a thoughtful IP than the guys behind such....vaunted projects.....

What could possibly go wrong?

Maybe this movie can do what the latest Riddick movie failed to do, which is to simply have a solo protagonist throughout the entire film.

…Probably not though. Whoever the protagonist is, will probably use the summoning bell 🤷‍♂️

Maybe an eventual Metroid movie will finally pull off the solo protagonist.

StueyDuck

Considering this is just a random guy on the internet, probably just a clout chaser.

But if we pretend it's true, it absolutely would not work unless you had someone write and direct it who completely understood the source material, delivering a movie that gives the audience "insight" in the last 3rd of the movie is going to be extremely difficult to pull off in as satisfying way as it is in the game

- Tom Holland as the (non-binary) Hunter

- Mark Wahlberg as Gehrman , the first hunter

- Sophia Ali as Eileen the crow

- Reese Witherspoon as Patches the spider

- Sarah Jessica Parker as Orphan of Kos

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
There's someone at Sony who really understands the nuanced wants of their niche fan groups.

Then there's the guy greenlighting Bloodborne movies.

Edit: The Dark Souls of movies, even.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This would be terrible.

There‘s no way Sony make a Bloodborne movie that isn't PG 13, with a dumbed down story that ‘everyone can enjoy’.

Last edited:

coffinbirth

A lot of people don't seem to understand that (if true) this is how we get a remaster/remake/PS5 upgrade-whatever.

The movie itself will almost certainly not be people want when they hear this "news", but at least for me, this is seemingly inevitable, especially looking at the content that has previously been delivered in conjunction with their movies/shows.

That being said...Twisted Metal has come and gone without so much as whisper about the rumored game that was supposed to be a tie-in, so there's that as well.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's gonna be about a kid who plays Bloodborne every day until he manages to become a professional monster hunter before being committed to a mental hospital for his delusions, which eventually turn out to be actually just that so he's left to die there forgotten by his family and everyone else.

Top Bottom