• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaZero

This thread moves too fast, I say.

EDIT: OMG TOP OF PAGE -

BUY NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA PLUS
ivDAj.jpg

D8oc8.jpg

C3IkH.jpg

AND ODDWORLD STRANGER'S WRATH

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to shift through the last couple of pages to see who replied to me.

Shahed

How many seconds is he better on the first world than you?

Did it... hmmm.. maybe 1-2 months after release? Something like that. And I agree, using a PS3-Vita combination makes this challenge rather easy.

Can't remember that actual time, and got no WiFi at the moment, but it was a lot. Top 50 in the world for Monument Valley...

And they muct have patched the game after a little while because me and my two brothers (who have very similar times to me in general) all did the same thing. We gave each other an awful challenge and then spammed it 20 times in order to get the car as well

OmegaZero

Actually, I just complained a few posts ago that it moves too slow. :p

Well, it moves too fast for me. :<
After I post something, I go back and see if anyone's replied to my previous posts, which are usually separated by a couple hundred posts or so.

Maybe I should stop playing my Vita and go on GAF more.

..I'm having more fun with MK than with SFxT. Something to do with expectations probably.
Have it Sheeva!

SFxT is just a more boring game, to me. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's the least exciting Capcom fighter I've played recently (although I'm talking about the console version, not the Vita one).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sorry Skyzard! I dont think you'll like my Motorstorm times >_>

Skyzard

Banned
Well, it moves too fast for me. :<
After I post something, I go back and see if anyone's replied to my previous posts, which are usually separated by a couple hundred posts or so.

Maybe I should stop playing my Vita and go on GAF more.

SFxT is just a more boring game, to me. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's the least exciting Capcom fighter I've played recently (although I'm talking about the console version, not the Vita one).

Yeah I regret buying it full price...should have waited...a lot longer. I couldn't resist having Blanka and Yoshimitsu on the same team...

Sorry Skyzard! I dont think you'll like my Motorstorm times >_>

Uhoh..... challenge accepted.. Which track are you most proud of Toma? :p I want to anger you. (Playing MK must have made me temporarily violent)

Also what the hell is AVLS - since I switched back from my Japanese account it says AVLS when I change the volume :S --- ohhh a volume limiter.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm bit late on this but wait?

Persona has a music player?!!

More detail please

Hm? There is an extra menu that lets you play tunes from the game. It has some more goodies but I dont want to spoil them.

VanWinkle

This thread moves too fast, I say.

EDIT: OMG TOP OF PAGE -

BUY NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA PLUS

AND ODDWORLD STRANGER'S WRATH

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to shift through the last couple of pages to see who replied to me.

Very nice shots. I really need to pick up Ninja Gaiden. It looks amazing. I've heard it's really hard though.

Some shots I took of Stranger's Wrath with less brown for Zeeroid.

8294494313_1181383d03_z.jpg

8294494475_6ba56f5b0f_z.jpg

8295549222_1455924ffd_z.jpg

8295549028_ff12e82b7e_z.jpg

Shahed

I think I made a mistake with Sound Shapes. I did the last album first for some reason, and then started from the beginning. And as cool as it is, it's far too easy. Not that the other album was hard by any means, but I barely even have to pay attention to finish levels.

Saying that I haven't tried Death Mode yet. Want to finish all levels first

Toma

I think I made a mistake with Sound Shapes. I did the last album first for some reason, and then started from the beginning. And as cool as it is, it's far too easy. Not that the other album was hard by any means, but I barely even have to pay attention to finish levels.

Saying that I haven't tried Death Mode yet. Want to finish all levels first

Enjoy and relax. Death mode wont be relaxing anymore :(

<3

I think I'm going to get Dokuro. I've been trying to resist buying any more games for the year, but this sale is too good to pass up.

Can someone repost the current sales list?

Toma

Hate to do this...could someone tell me what mk costs right now on the us Psn store?

These threads have seen way worse questions. Perfectly fine to ask for that.

MK Vita is $29,99.
MK Unchained Blades PSP is $9,99

Shahed

Enjoy and relax. Death mode wont be relaxing anymore :(

I'm sure it won't be. Still even if it's easy now, just hearing the music build itself is awesome. My sister has gone crazy with it. She might not be able to play on the Vita since I bought it, but she's hooked on the PS3 version

sajj316

Regarding MK, I know this is petty but the models make it so uninteresting to play. I just wish they focused on the models and maybe reduce the animations in the background to balance ...

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Very nice shots. I really need to pick up Ninja Gaiden. It looks amazing. I've heard it's really hard though.

Some shots I took of Stranger's Wrath with less brown for Zeeroid.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8355/8294494313_1181383d03_z.jpg
[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8076/8294494475_6ba56f5b0f_z.jpg
[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8224/8295549222_1455924ffd_z.jpg
[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8498/8295549028_ff12e82b7e_z.jpg[/QUOTE]

Yeah,I'm actually surprised by how good this game look and run.

It's very good.

[quote="Zeer0id, post: 45657880"]<3

I think I'm going to get Dokuro. I've been trying to resist buying any more games for the year,[B] but this sale is too good to pass up[/B].[/QUOTE]

Dokuro is pretty fantastic,and it selling well might let more publishers to have $9 sales more often.

Skyzard

Banned
Ok I was wrong to even ask Toma....not going to beat you anytime soon - loving these new ghosts though, finally a reason to play it beyond beating A.I.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
These threads have seen way worse questions. Perfectly fine to ask for that.

MK Vita is $29,99.
MK Unchained Blades PSP is $9,99
See. Why the fuck is it 29.99? It's cheaper at retail literally everywhere.

sajj316

There were rumors of it being PS+'d ... I have the retail version which I got for $20. I would play more if it was DD. Its the case for all fighting games with me ...

Toma

There were rumors of it being PS+'d ... I have the retail version which I got for $20. I would play more if it was DD. Its the case for all fighting games with me ...

Europe got it on PS+ apparently, but yeah. Makes it seem not too unlikely US might get it too.
On another note: Finally caved on Escape Plan. Lets see what the fuzz was about.

So, let me get this straight... I was doing exactly this, but with my two accounts. I set a lame time with my main, challenged+beat it with my second, went back to my main, hit triangle and hit x on that time to challenge it and beat it. Wait.... When I kept beating it, I kept getting around the same time. Do I have to keep getting incrementally better times, during those ten challenges?

I don't think so.
I basically couldn't get anyone to challenge me, so I found the backdoor for activating the "challenge" via the pit wall and my friends' times.

The only reason I mention doing the better times is because, say, you're really good at track A. You challenge Friend A's time (the slowest that's faster than you) but you manage to destroy it and beat Friend B and Friend C as well. You just wasted the opportunity to use B and C as your 2nd and 3rd challenges.

Derrick01

Banned

"Guys DD future can't come soon enough so these games can get cheaper"- Gaf around 3 years ago.

Can't believe anyone ever bought that. Companies in a capitalist society never pass on savings to the customer.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Yes many older PSVita are way cheaper at retail than PS store (especially launch game),I was complaining about this yesterday,but PSP games are even worse, they are dirt cheap everywhere but in PS store many are in full prices even 2006/2007 games,it's crazy.

Sony need to learn from Steam/Amazon on how to do DD prices.

"Guys DD future can't come soon enough so these games can get cheaper"- Gaf around 3 years ago.

Can't believe anyone ever bought that. Companies in a capitalist society never pass on savings to the customer.

It works on Steam and Amazon sales.

Yes many older PSVita are way cheaper at retail than PS store (especially launch game),I was complaining about this yesterday,but PSP games are even worse, they are dirt cheap everywhere but in PS store many are in full prices even 2006/2007 games,it's crazy.

Sony need to learn from Steam/Amazon on how to do DD prices.

Apparently EU/UK has super cheap PSP games including the still $40 (in NA) Tekken 6 PSP. At least that's what Tamaster92 tells us.

Sales, not regular pricing. In fact a lot of PC games are rising to $60 for no reason other than greed. Steam and Amazon can't change that because they don't control pricing.

Doesn't matter. People who want the game on day one will pay the $60 on their platform of choice. People willing to wait will get things like the Darksiders franchise pack for $13.19 on Amazon DD sales.

The savings are there, at least for PC.

XBL/PSN? Depends, but not nearly on the same level.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
It works on Steam and Amazon sales.

Apparently EU/UK has super cheap PSP games including the still $40 (in NA) Tekken 6 PSP. At least that's what Tamaster92 tells us.

Yeah I heard that in Europe the pricing for PSP games are better.

Is that Sony's doing, or the publishers?

I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

Dunno..but Sony published games (PSP) are the worst price-wise (for an example GOW CoO and GoS are $19 each when you can get God of War: Origins HD Collection on PS3 for only $19) it just baffles me.

leng jai

The PSP emulation is godlike on the Vita. The scaling mitigates most of the resolution issues (still looks blurry but not as jarring as you would expect) and the high end games like Ghost of Sparta/Arctic Edge/GT still look pretty crazy right now. I'm getting a hard on imagining what these devs will come up with once they get around to making full blown Vita versions. Especially hanging out for a Motorstorm game - it's just perfect for handheld play.

Skyzard

Banned
So what's the general consensus from you guys on Spy Hunter for Vita? Reviews aren't great, agree with them?

I think only BlueMaxima bought it...and that was probably for one of his reviews!

Although I do remember some people saying it was quite fun surprisingly. Obviously not much to look at..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom