• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah :(

You can see why I have no motivation to be top of my friends list.

I think I'd delete him if he were on mine >_>

"Yeah sorry dude.. had to make space for another friend!"

Skyzard

Banned
What camera angle are you guys playing on? And.... do all the cars in the same class have the same properties (apart from shape)?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What camera angle are you guys playing on? And.... do all the cars in the same class have the same properties (apart from shape)?

I am using the dynamic camera.

and Yes.

Shahed

I think I'd delete him if he were on mine >_>

I might have to. Seeing those times are demoralising. Thing is I don't even really know the guy lol. He added me from Near. On Vita he's only played Motorstorm, Uncharted and PS All Stars. Got my ass handed to me badly in that as well when i played 1-1.

I like to think I'm better than average at games. But some people are just crazy

I prefer Aerial. Can see as much of the track as possible. Mind you that's on PS3 and I don't know what it's like on Vita

Toma

I might have to. Seeing those times are demoralising. Thing is I don't even really know the guy lol. He added me from Near. On Vita he's only played Motorstorm, Uncharted and PS All Stars. Got my ass handed to me badly in that as well when i played 1-1.

I like to think I'm better than average at games. But some people are just crazy

I can fully understand that, I wasnt joking about the deleting >_> For the record: I can also fully understand if I am deleted for the same reason. Being demoralised from a game you love just sucks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, uh... how easy is Gravity Rush's achievement list? I've got it sitting here on my card but I dunno if I want to boot it up.

Does MK9 on the vita suffer from the same things on console? Because if so then its a shitty fighter. Nobody can dispute that and I like the MK community.

Shahed

So, uh... how easy is Gravity Rush's achievement list? I've got it sitting here on my card but I dunno if I want to boot it up.

Very. Short too. Did it all in about 15 hours including the 3 DLC packs.

Some of the challenges you'll want to wait till you have better powers though

Toma

Does MK9 on the vita suffer from the same things on console? Because if so then its a shitty fighter. Nobody can dispute that and I like the MK community.

Yeah, same ugly 60FPS and shitty non-lagging netcode.
... huh?

Skyzard

Banned
Ok thanks guys...yeah been flipping between Aerial and Dynamic myself. Will take a while to get better...another day hah. And don't delete the guy!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Edit-Nevermind. I'm gonna take it to the OT.

Er...Silent Hill Book Of Memories isn't that much fun.

I warned you guys before.

VitaGaf should listen to me more often.

I like you,but playing for trophies only is the thing I don't like about you. :(

Q for VitaGAF, Anyone here don't buy good PSP games on Vita just because they don't have useless trophies?

Toma

I like you,but playing for trophies only is the thing I don't like about you. :(

Q for VitaGAF, Anyone here don't buy good PSP games on Vita just because they don't have useless trophies?

Yeah, there definitely are people who dont play games without trophies anymore. I think he is the other extreme though, he doesnt want to start a game he cant 100% fast. :p

kiyomi

Can't understand myself why someone would ignore a bunch of amazing games just because they lack trophies. It's the experience and fun that counts, not an ultimately vacuous statistic.

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah, there definitely are people who dont play games without trophies anymore. I think he is the other extreme though, he doesnt want to start a game he cant 100% fast. :p

Biggest reason I chose to buy stranger's wrath over LBP vita was finding out that it had a platinum and a full trophy list. Gotta respect people who put more effort into their HD remake/port than others (beyond good and evil, resident evil 4)

TheSeks

It's not 100%. At least 50%.

Gotta SHOW THEM ONLINE, brah.

(Also I gotta platinum LBPortable sometime soon. But the online is lag-city which makes getting the co-op or 4-player achievements impossible)

TheSeks

$25 isn't too bad for it. If you can tolerate the framerate it's worth trying.

Toma

So, is AC:L worth it at the sale price ($23.39)? I've been eyeing the game for a while now, but $40 didn't seem too worth it.

Gets a definitive yes from me. It has some issues, but I definitely had fun with it.

Iacobellis

Sounds good, I need something to play over the winter break. What was the frame rate like? I can pretty much tolerate 30FPS given how most Vita games play.

Toma

Sounds good, I need something to play over the winter break. What was the frame rate like? I can pretty much tolerate 30FPS given how most Vita games play.

...lower. 20-25 in the main area? Still far from unplayable though.

TheSeks

It's definitely lower than 30FPS. Like 15-25FPS at times. Brace yourself for it, because as someone that doesn't really care about frames at times, I felt it. Once you play it a bit you'll adjust but the framerate is pretty inexcusable at times.

I buy PSP titles. I however with the addition of achievement lists have become pretty picky about what I buy. I buy titles that I like, but I want achievement lists to at least give me 50% before I can say I call it quits on some titles/enjoyed them.

I can dispute that. MK is a great fighter. I liked it at least. So it's great to me. Maybe not for tourney play, but if you're one of *those* people and you like AE tourney play, then we're going to disagree on a lot of shit anyway. :p

banjo5150

It's not 100%. At least 50%.

Gotta SHOW THEM ONLINE, brah.

(Also I gotta platinum LBPortable sometime soon. But the online is lag-city which makes getting the co-op or 4-player achievements impossible)

LBP Vita just released a 100MB patch today that is just for community stuff. Online play, level loading ect.

TheSeks

LBP Vita just released a 100MB patch today that is just for community stuff. Online play, level loading ect.

Yeah, I know, I haven't tried it yet. But I was playing online with people in this thread and the online was SO BAD.

Iacobellis

Damn. I went in thinking I could buy PSN credit with the $25 Amazon gift card I have, but no. I could get a $20 digital code, but I'd still be about $2 short.

WHY?

I actually picked up LBP although I've never really gotten super into any of the games. I usually beat the story missions and then forget about them although I know that's only a tiny portion of the overall package. Just couldn't resist picking it up at sub-$20 for PS+ subscribers. Got the girlfriend her own copy for her Vita for Christmas, so I'm sure she'll make me do some co-op with her.

Damn. I went in thinking I could buy PSN credit with the $25 Amazon gift card I have, but no. I could get a $20 digital code, but I'd still be about $2 short.

WHY?
Why? They charge tax on the digital download cards or something where you live? Mine cost $19.99 when I picked one up the other day using my Amazon gift card.

Iacobellis

Why? They charge tax on the digital download cards or something where you live? Mine cost $19.99 when I picked one up the other day using my Amazon gift card.

They don't tax me, but even after buying the credit and adding it to my account, I'd only have about $21 in my wallet. I don't have a credit card, and I don't think Sony makes $5 PSN cards. :p

Yes, this is basically what I'm saying with the procedure above.

I think if you have a challenge in the game itself from a friend (add me and I'll send one if you want [later]), you can just keep doing that if you don't delete it.

With my method, you just have to change the person or the track so you get 10 different combinations.

Challenge friend A on track 1. Beat it.
Challenge friend B on track 1. Beat it.
Challenge friend C on track 1. Beat it.
Challenge friend A on track 2. Beat it.
Challenge friend D on track 3. Beat it.

Rinse, repeat.

I actually tried the "send one challenge, do it ten times" thing and it still works. SOOOO HAPPY! Now I can just focus on enjoying the game :) At first I really didn't like how it wasn't a "traditional" Motorstorm game, i.e. third person camera and such, but now I'm really loving it. I also love how you can collect cars.

Toma

I actually tried the "send one challenge, do it ten times" thing and it still works. SOOOO HAPPY! Now I can just focus on enjoying the game :) At first I really didn't like how it wasn't a "traditional" Motorstorm game, i.e. third person camera and such, but now I'm really loving it. I also love how you can collect cars.

Ah nice to hear. In any case, Motorstorm RC is an AMAZING game. Still one of the best games on Vita and even though most people who played it, like it, still underappreciated.

TheSeks

Motorstorm RC soured on me around the dirt track stage. Couldn't gold it to save my life and I got tired of attempting to clear it's gold time-trial by sliding around too much so I gave up.

DR2K

Banned
AC3 Vita isn't very good, get old very fast. Swapped it out for MK, which is great. Minus the character closeups.

TheSeks

^ I think they updated it a few months ago to make the Gold times easier?

When? Because I stopped playing in August and since I forgot to back up my save, I really don't have the will to go and get like 50% of the courses unlocked again on golds. :/

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I got BlazBlue. Wow, I like P4a better. Aesthetics better, music better, game isn't a clusterfuck of systems and anime and woman going COUNTA COUNTA COUNTA over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom