• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
ew ew ew ewwww

But its the ugly N64 3D, not the passable FFIX 3D. I bought FF 3 PSP/Vita and i'm going to have to cringe through it. Just have no other choice to have a complete FF collection on Vita.

It's ironic that I prefer something with polygons because I'm *not* a graphics whore.

FFIV was generally too visually simplistic on the SNES so it largely benefited from a remake. Now if you apply the same treatment to FFVI... I would likely take some offense.

zulux21

OMG yesh :3 add my JP account to yours! I need a friend #2 spot :D : Kyo899ers oh and add your english account to mine: Kyo899

i really should get around to making a JP account sometime... always to lazy to follow a guide though lol (the last time i tried i failed horribly

zulux21

OMG plz make one so we can play Soul Sacrifice together :D

i might later... currently I am trying to go to sleep.... *looks around the room that is lit up due to the glow of persona 4* I'm not doing a very good job though lol

on a different note... i really wish that persona 4 golden had a tap the front touch screen and advance the text feature like the phoenix wright games have... it's one of the few touch screen controls i like lol

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just one more Jetpack Joyride mission; 1750 M witjout scoring any coins...

...is this even possible?! :/

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's like the coins avoid you....

...untill you try to avoid them. Indeed. Madness, I tell ye.
Especially frustrating when you die at 1742m xD

Yopis

Always wanted to play Xenogears. Never got the chance back when it launched. Wish me luck Vitagaf. Think I might grab Unit 13 also.

rCIZZLE

Ran into a weird problem with my new 32 card. For some reason the cloud data from AC3:L isn't syncing to the new card. I even went back to my 4gb, uploaded the save data, immediately downloaded it on the 32, and I still can't continue game. Was able to continue game on the 4gb right before doing that. Any suggestions or is this just a problem with physical game save data? :\

Finally got my Motorstorm RC double plat!

8352981171_4a24acb778_b.jpg

Now to just knock out that pesky DLC! It was a lot easier than I thought, it just takes time/practice to memorize those tracks. Not sure what to work on next.. what other double plats are out there? I already have the Sound Shapes double plat. I need to catch up to the guys playing Alundra, but I am really into Dungeon Hunter as well. Too many games to play~

I just finished Gravity Rush. I had absolutely NO clue I was already doing the boss fight. When the credits suddenly started rolling I was seriously confused. For a moment I thought these were fake credits or something, because I really didn't feel like the little bit of story that was there was leading up to any sort of ending.

Anyway, I still enjoyed the game quite a lot. It has a lot of personality and I had fun with the gravity mechanic. I think I'll go for the platinum trophy next.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I just finished Gravity Rush. I had absolutely NO clue I was already doing the boss fight. When the credits suddenly started rolling I was seriously confused. For a moment I thought these were fake credits or something, because I really didn't feel like the little bit of story that was there was leading up to any sort of ending.

Anyway, I still enjoyed the game quite a lot. It has a lot of personality and I had fun with the gravity mechanic. I think I'll go for the platinum trophy next.
It's a strange case. The story definitely ends up being thrown away in the last half, while new characters and motivations are still being being introduced. I don't understand how they came up and agreed on doing it that way.

Yeah, I really don't know what sort of conflict was even resolved when I was watching the credits. That
military state
thing came out of nowhere and did not feel like it would be the last arc of the game at all. Super weird.

What's the word on the DLC? Is it worth it?

Yopis

Yeah, I really don't know what sort of conflict was even resolved when I was watching the credits. That
military state
thing came out of nowhere and did not feel like it would be the last arc of the game at all. Super weird.

Game was a set up for the sequel imo. Almost an
origin story

Tomodachi

It's a strange case. The story definitely ends up being thrown away in the last half, while new characters and motivations are still being being introduced. I don't understand how they came up and agreed on doing it that way.
I'm pretty sure the game suffered from rushing (see what I did there?) since it had to be a launch title, and we'll probably know more about it in the inevitable sequel (Toyama already hinted to its development apparently), that said the game is choke full of hidden explanations and the whole military stuff seems really marginal compared to the mythology surrounding the game. Many explanations come from the random NPC you can talk to between missions and the lost travellers couple is REALLY important as well.

Toyama is weird like that, Siren seems like the most random thing in the world unless you collect all the archive files, see the secret ending, turn your brain on and pass at least a week trying to figure out what really happened in the game (doesn't help that a few elements were explained more clearly in short stories which accompanied the game when it launched... japan only of course).

rCIZZLE

Made it about another hour into AC:L before I remembered why I quit it in the first place. Combat is broken, the minigames that should display the Vita tech are laughably broken as well, and the story is bad. Definitely never buying another game from "Ubisoft Sofia". The save file not syncing with cloud wasn't as much a bug as it was my Vita wingmanning me away from a very shitty game.

Massa

Made it about another hour into AC:L before I remembered why I quit it in the first place. Combat is broken, the minigames that should display the Vita tech are laughably broken as well, and the story is bad. Definitely never buying another game from "Ubisoft Sofia". The save file not syncing with cloud wasn't as much a bug as it was my Vita wingmanning me away from a very shitty game.

How is the combat broken? I thought it worked perfectly.

Derrick01

Banned

Everything about that game screams low grade but it's not really the devs fault, that's just how AC is now. The series somehow gets worse and more simplified with every new release.

The Vita gimmicks in the game have to go though. No more back touch pickpocketing and definitely no more stupid light gimmicks. For whatever reason it doesn't work in any game it's in. I'm fairly certain a nuclear explosion wouldn't be bright enough to get the Vita to register it.

Sid

Everything about that game screams low grade but it's not really the devs fault, that's just how AC is now. The series somehow gets worse and more simplified with every new release.

The Vita gimmicks in the game have to go though. No more back touch pickpocketing and definitely no more stupid light gimmicks. For whatever reason it doesn't work in any game it's in. I'm fairly certain a nuclear explosion wouldn't be bright enough to get the Vita to register it.
lol

rCIZZLE

How is the combat broken? I thought it worked perfectly.

Counters just don't work. Or if you hold counter you'll get caught in counter-lock where the enemy will keep swinging in the exact same way while you counter in the exact same way. The rest of the enemies will, of course, stand around watching. That's pretty far from "perfectly" man.

Also worth noting is the tilt minigame for a puzzle in sequence 3 (as far as I'll ever get). Going from the tilt displayed in Mutant Blobs Attack to this is a downgrade of the highest degree.

I've only done the uncharted one but I held it up to the light in my lounge and it worked perfectly...

Massa

Counters just don't work. Or if you hold counter you'll get caught in counter-lock where the enemy will keep swinging in the exact same way while you counter in the exact same way. The rest of the enemies will, of course, stand around watching. That's pretty far from "perfectly" man.

I never had any of these problems. There are more powerful enemies which you have counter and attack in a different way, a simple counter is not enough. I've now played through the game almost twice and the combat is as easy and empowering as you'd expect from an AC game. I loved it.

It calibrates the lighting condition the moment you drag the front and back touch to start the mini game. What I'd do is block the camera while doing that, so pretty much any lighting conditions were enough, including my TV or monitor. Then all you had to do was til the Vita a bit to complete it.

rCIZZLE

I never had any of these problems. That are more powerful enemies which you have counter and attack in a different way, a simple counter is not enough. I've now played through the game almost twice and the combat is as easy and empowering as you'd expect from an AC game. I loved it.

Explain to me how I counter and attack in a different way than the counter and attack that's in the instructions manual. When I hit "counter" it never works unless I hold to endlessly parry their attacks.

I've played through all the console ACs and the combat I expect is a lot better than the one here. :\

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I've only done the uncharted one but I held it up to the light in my lounge and it worked perfectly...
The Uncharted one worked fine here as well. I had to put an nightstick LED flashlight up against the Vita for ACL to register it though.

And I had to put ACL down for a few weeks because for whatever reason, I couldn't open up a letter with front&back touch.

Super misguided game that tries to hit too many checkmarks and ends up fumbling more than half of them.

Massa

Explain to me how I counter and attack in a different way than the counter and attack that's in the instructions manual. When I hit "counter" it never works unless I hold to endlessly parry their attacks.

I've played through all the console ACs and the combat I expect is a lot better than the one here. :\

The big enemies can't be counter killed. You have to use chain kill for them, or push them away and deal damage when they're facing the other way.

Derrick01

Banned

Uncharted wasn't too bad for me although I still had to stand on a chair and hold it right up to my light but the AC ones are broken, and they show up a LOT more than the 1 or 2 in Uncharted.

No matter how bright the light was the screen would light up for a few seconds because of the camera focusing on the light and then it would disappear on the screen. You wouldn't even have known the camera was staring right at a light. You know how I eventually got by all of them? There's apparently a place on my bed that triggers the light system even though there's no light on my bed.

Such a broken mechanic.

Massa

Uncharted wasn't too bad for me although I still had to stand on a chair and hold it right up to my light but the AC ones are broken, and they show up a LOT more than the 1 or 2 in Uncharted.

No matter how bright the light was the screen would light up for a few seconds because of the camera focusing on the light and then it would disappear on the screen. You wouldn't even have known the camera was staring right at a light. You know how I eventually got by all of them? There's apparently a place on my bed that triggers the light system even though there's no light on my bed.

Such a broken mechanic.

It's not broken. It's unintuitive and I just explained to you how it works a couple posts above.

Massa

military state

I really liked the DLC. It's set up in an episodic sort of way, kind of like a small comic. It's $4 for just an hour or so of gameplay but if you enjoyed the game I'd recommend it.

Get the Maid or Spy packs first and see if you like it.

I really liked the DLC. It's set up in an episodic sort of way, kind of like a small comic. It's $4 for just an hour or so of gameplay but if you enjoyed the game I'd recommend it.

Get the Maid or Spy packs first and see if you like it.
So it has some narrative element?

dan2026

Has the Soul Sacrifice demo made it to the west yet?

I don't want to dance through all Sony's hoops to access the JPN store.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Counters work, they just made them like AC3, since this is AC3:Liberation.

Press counter when they're able to hit you, bam, countered.

Or just press and hold counter to block every attack and then wail on them like I did. Better than AC3's system anyway.

Also I know most of you won't curr since this is LOL HACKZ and all but: I'd scream in joy if Sony did this for the PSP2's menus. No more having to flick and push around? Game tab is simply all my games and I just have to scroll down a list to pick to play? YES PLZ.

Yes, I know of the button controls added with 1.81, no it isn't the same thing.

Counters work, they just made them like AC3, since this is AC3:Liberation.

Press counter when they're able to hit you, bam, countered.

Or just press and hold counter to block every attack and then wail on them like I did. Better than AC3's system anyway.

Also I know most of you won't curr since this is LOL HACKZ and all but: I'd scream in joy if Sony did this for the PSP2's menus. No more having to flick and push around? Game tab is simply all my games and I just have to scroll down a list to pick to play? YES PLZ.

Yes, I know of the button controls added with 1.81, no it isn't the same thing.

You know what?

I'd love if Sony took the apple route and started adding features hackers make.

Add xmb option, add better psp and ps1 compat. Add whatever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom