• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie18

Well I'm still playing Unit 13 (at least I'm going to be in a second, first I was reading and now I'm on Gaf) and I can't get over how good it is. I don't know why I stopped playing it when I first bought it so many months ago but I think I could even consider it as one of my top 5 games of 2012.

Bugger, new page.

Buy Persona 4, PS+, Earth Defence Force, Sound Shapes and Unit 13. All amazing stuff! Plus with PS+ you get a discount on Sound Shapes at the minute.

Edit:
you're not helping, you know

Well I didn't intend to help start a half page discussion on the issue ;)

kiyomi

Nope I put an hour into it today and probably will play a little more before I go to bed. How can I do dungeon stuff without risk of running into the story stuff? I haven't been back to the dungeon world since the game gave me freedom to do what I want. I want to do a little grinding to get more stuff down but I don't want to accidentally advance yet.
You advance in the real world, so no danger of that.

You'll know when you can enter the TV and start grinding.

Nope I put an hour into it today and probably will play a little more before I go to bed. How can I do dungeon stuff without risk of running into the story stuff? I haven't been back to the dungeon world since the game gave me freedom to do what I want. I want to do a little grinding to get more stuff down but I don't want to accidentally advance yet.
Once you start getting free reign... as long as you go back before it's foggy(you can check the weather on TV), you can explore the dungeon(s)/TV world as much as you'd like. Keep in mind that this wastes your day, though, and you can't do social links and other things when opting to go to the TV world. The game starts picking up a bit and gives you more control after you save
Yukiko

waaaaayyy early game spoilers

I need to play more of this since I just saved that character and bought it at launch lol. Too bad my headphones broke last night.

Derrick01

Banned
Once you start getting free reign... as long as you go back before it's foggy(you can check the weather on TV), you can explore the dungeon(s)/TV world as much as you'd like. Keep in mind that this wastes your day, though, and you can't do social links and other things when opting to go to the TV world. The game starts picking up a bit and gives you more control after you save
Yukiko

waaaaayyy early game spoilers

I need to play more of this since I just saved that character and bought it at launch lol. Too bad my headphones broke last night.

Oh alright so as long as it's not foggy I can do it whenever, that's good to know. I guess I'll be going in the day after next since I have basketball "practice" on the day I'm on now.

Well I mean we really don't post news exclusively here (doesn't help that we haven't really had any news for a while). But it is a megathread so that leaves it at a risk.

That came up when the official Vita thread closed. They said that iOS has WAY too many games so it kind of needs a megathread instead of thousands of little official threads.

Id be at a loss, if this thread is removed. We discuss updates, PSN, games and everything Vita; all while remaining true to discussion of the system. All of you have become my humble GAF family. None of the GAF vitriol exists within our confines. Mainly, anything Vita related directly or indirectly (many sales threads, Mediacreate, NPD, New game announcements, etc.), leads to hostility almost weekly, toward the system and its users.

Its quite sad that GAF, which is supposed to be above that (or so I thought), is allowed at large to smear consistent troll memes and hated, unabated. They need to sympathize and allow this thread, the bullying mob shant be allowed to alienate, and eliminate - stamping out the remaining Vita bastion of goodwill.

kiyomi

At the beginning of the story or all throughout? Because I saved
Yukiko
the other day and spent, like, 3 in-game days grinding with her.

I'm so tired I'm spouting nonsense that I hope is true ;_;
Just asking because I'm sure I tried once and when I got to Junes, Chie said something and I couldn't go in.

Don't worry, 90% of my posts are completely nonse/pointless, so you're in good company

Ponn

Banned
I think we need to get something settled before tuesday. What will be the official name of the Earth Defense Force Defense Force? EDFDF?

VanWinkle

Id be at a loss, if this thread is removed. We discuss updates, PSN, games and everything Vita; all while remaining true to discussion of the system. All of you have become my humble GAF family. None of the GAF vitriol exists within our confines. Mainly, anything Vita related directly or indirectly (many sales threads, Mediacreate, NPD, New game announcements, etc.), leads to hostility almost weekly, toward the system and its users.

Its quite sad that GAF, which is supposed to be above that (or so I thought), is allowed at large to smear consistent troll memes and hated, unabated. They need to sympathize and allow this thread, the bullying mob shant be allowed to alienate, and eliminate - stamping out the remaining Vita bastion of goodwill.

Well said, my friend.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

You can't go to the dungeon unless it's afternoon/after-school/advance time.

Really, if you want to just play the main story and ignore the social links you should play on easy and do a little grinding in the dungeon in the afternoon while progressing through the story. Game can be finished in like 20 hours at that rate if you avoid Nanako like the plague.

Otherwise you're going to do social links to build your fusion bonuses on the afternoons until like the last week before you rescue a person (when the rains will start to come), then grind grind grind grind grind grind one day. Should be easy enough if you have reasonable personae and skills to reach near the end.

Biggest problem P4G has is no save point near the end bosses anymore.

Odrion

Banned

Sony handheld trolling isn't anything new, people were trolling the PSP hard back in the day. We had to make threads like these.

Edit: Another thread like it.

kiyomi

Biggest problem P4G has is no save point near the end bosses anymore.
When you get to a boss floor just use a goho-m and save, then you can go straight back to that floor. Usually very easy to see when a boss is coming up since it's a small corridor and a door.

Urgh wait
do you mean near the end of the game? In which case disregard, I'm tired, it's like 5am.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's a mix of both. I never used the Goho-M's. Waste of cash, then again I never used yen in Persona 3/4 unless it was buying weapons. :/

Kyon

Banned
This may be the first time I have seen someone say this..

I'm FF-Gaf I LOVE it more than any series ever but I just can't play the old games anymore. I'm a bit of a picky Grfx whore. A lot of Gaffers love the whole SNES era Grfx throwback but I just grew spoiled into PS2 era and beyond. :/ I'm not a fan of 2D except for certain games.

kiyomi

I have like 15 goho ms and i am only through the third dungeon and haven't bought any lol
Really cheap on rainy days and super useful too!

I use them all the time for when I need to save and stop, or just when I hear the reaper's chains jangling. Well I assume it's the reaper, I've never seen it in 4. I just get scared and hide.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm FF-Gaf I LOVE it more than any series ever but I just can't play the old games anymore. I'm a bit of a picky Grfx whore. A lot of Gaffers love the whole SNES era Grfx throwback but I just grew spoiled into PS2 era and beyond. :/ I'm not a fan of 2D except for certain games.

You are my enemy.

Sly 4 is coming in LESS than a month. I'm incredibly excited.

oh yes. preordered and very stoked.

im ready to be tarred and feathered - but have sporadically chipped away at Gravity Rush, over the months - love the art style, charm of the characters, world theme and music....but the game is tedious as fuck. Im skipping everything other than story missions, so I can complete and shelve it away. Will keep my copy for library purposes, but id love the sequel to actually, you know, be fun?

oh yes. preordered and very stoked.

im ready to be tarred and feathered - but have sporadically chipped away at Gravity Rush - let me state, love the art style and character, world theme and music....but the game is tedious as fuck latley. Im skipping everything other than story missions, so I can complete and shelve it away. Will keep my copy for library purposes, but id love the sequel to actually, you know, be fun?

I felt the same way. I loved every part of it except for the part where you actually had to play it.

Kyon

Banned
i like ff xiii

sazh is a boss

Where is FF X-3 tho I'm still waiting

Btw

Grimmy :3 after all these years since PS3 launch I never once added anyone on my JP account. Do me the honor of being my first FRAN and Add me with your JP account :D : Kyo899ers. I FINALLY have my JP account running on my vita let my import obsession continue through this system >:)

I started the SS demo yesterday wow it's amazing. I love the story

I felt the same way. I loved every part of it except for the part where you actually had to play it.

The potential is there - but the combat and world traversal mechanics need a lot of refinements. I find I fight the gyro, lose orientation/bearings and it feels clunky/mechanical/inorganic. I also cannot gravity slide accurately to save my life. Its not worth honing skills, investing too much further than surface need. Nope.

zulux21

Really cheap on rainy days and super useful too!

I use them all the time for when I need to save and stop, or just when I hear the reaper's chains jangling. Well I assume it's the reaper, I've never seen it in 4. I just get scared and hide.

I couldn't resist the idea of 5 times money thus I am playing on easy... the end result is I abused the revive on easy and beat the reaper at level 32 lol.

I figure after I beat the game I can replay it on the hardest setting, but I wanted to get through it without needing to grind... oddly enough I have been grinding for the last 6 hours or so just to work on my persona compendium and am already like 50 percent done even though I just
saved kaiji

kiyomi

Holy shit, I forgot all about the SS demo, haven't even unlocked MP yet. >.<

If the servers are still up do you want to give it a try? aka I can tag along badly k?

Shahed

There are heathens who call themselves FF fans but won't look at any pre FFX?

EDIT: And what's with the change in avatar for so many people (not just this thread) now using real faces for lack of a better term?

Ponn

Banned

And I was going to max my social link with you. I can never forgive you liking the atrocious DS 3D FF style over FF IV Complete though. I love FFX, FFXII and yes even the FFXIII's, but still, the DS 3D was just, eww.

I Deny you everything I have.

Agent X

Gold Member
back to games and services: watching Netflix on my Vita right now. Love Netflix on my Vita, but it needs an update to make it faster. Video quality is so great, though..

I agree, the video quality is excellent. I took my Vita with me to a doctor's office a couple of weeks ago, where they had Wi-Fi access. I plugged in my headphones, started the Netflix app, and enjoyed a full episode of The Office with flawless playback.

Btw

Grimmy :3 after all these years since PS3 launch I never once added anyone on my JP account. Do me the honor of being my first FRAN and Add me with your JP account :D : Kyo899ers. I FINALLY have my JP account running on my vita let my import obsession continue through this system >:)

You got it. :D And eyah, the SS demo is really great. Just wish I could understand it more. :/ Something fun about the demo is, while crawling around while not in the book, you can touch the screen and smack the ground/crush bugs. lol

Holy shit, I forgot all about the SS demo, haven't even unlocked MP yet. >.<

If the servers are still up do you want to give it a try? aka I can tag along badly k?
Let me tag along! I'll switch back!

EDIT: And what's with the change in avatar for so many people (not just this thread) now using real faces for lack of a better term?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505883

kiyomi

I can never quite catch the bugs :(

I'll switch over accounts tomorrow, kinda busy today. Then I'll get to the mp this time, honest :3

zroid

Banned
And I was going to max my social link with you. I can never forgive you liking the atrocious DS 3D FF style over FF IV Complete though. I love FFX, FFXII and yes even the FFXIII's, but still, the DS 3D was just, eww.

I Deny you everything I have.

I guess I'll come clean; I prefer the remake too. Have nothing against the original version, and I'd still gladly play it, but I really like what they did with the aesthetic on DS. I find the polygonal character models quite charming. Your customizations being illustrated are definitely a big part of that.

Ponn

Banned
I guess I'll come clean; I prefer the remake too. Have nothing against the original version, and I'd still gladly play it, but I really like what they did with the aesthetic on DS. I find the polygonal character models quite charming. Your customizations being illustrated are definitely a big part of that.

ew ew ew ewwww

But its the ugly N64 3D, not the passable FFIX 3D. I bought FF 3 PSP/Vita and i'm going to have to cringe through it. Just have no other choice to have a complete FF collection on Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom