• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is a PSP2? ;)

Chinese knock off of a vita ;)

7633900340_bc098ba75c-1.jpg

Shahed

Everything about that game screams low grade but it's not really the devs fault, that's just how AC is now. The series somehow gets worse and more simplified with every new release.

The Vita gimmicks in the game have to go though. No more back touch pickpocketing and definitely no more stupid light gimmicks. For whatever reason it doesn't work in any game it's in. I'm fairly certain a nuclear explosion wouldn't be bright enough to get the Vita to register it.

Counters just don't work. Or if you hold counter you'll get caught in counter-lock where the enemy will keep swinging in the exact same way while you counter in the exact same way. The rest of the enemies will, of course, stand around watching. That's pretty far from "perfectly" man.

Also worth noting is the tilt minigame for a puzzle in sequence 3 (as far as I'll ever get). Going from the tilt displayed in Mutant Blobs Attack to this is a downgrade of the highest degree.

Can't agree with these two any more vehemently.

The light thing in Uncharted was bad, but at least it was only once per playthrough. Assassin's Creed has several, and I just don't get why it doesn't register most of the time, even if the entire screen is lit up. And that tilt minigane was a nightmare. Works so smoothly elsewhere, but here it was unresponsive, moved the wrong way and a laggy mess.

I'll be glad to be rid of this game. On the last sequence at the moment. Playing Sleeping Dog's concurrently and it's a whole other league in class

Does anyone know if PSAS: BR is multiplayer region locked? I rarely find any matches.
I don't think it's a network problem, I get tons of matches in Sonic Transformed and NFS: MW. Never had any problems on PS3 either.

I'm in the boat where I will probably fill a 64gb really quickly too, it didn't take me long to fill my 32gb card and unfortunately for me I'm going to be all digital for everything until June.

A 256gb card may cost £300 now but remember that the PSP originally came with a 32mb card and sizes were up to around 16-32gbs by the time the Vita released. Memory prices drop super quickly and I have no doubt that we'll keep getting bigger cards under the same pricing structure.

With Lumines Q Entertainment literally just forgot to put a Platinum in the game.

How do you forget to put in a Platinum trophy? That also doesn't explain katamari either.

Sid

Does anyone know if PSAS: BR is multiplayer region locked? I rarely find any matches.
I don't think it's a network problem, I get tons of matches in Sonic Transformed and NFS: MW. Never had any problems on PS3 either.
The same shit happens with me too,only in this game I can't play online.

JoshHood

Can't agree with these two any more vehemently.

The light thing in Uncharted was bad, but at least it was only once per playthrough. Assassin's Creed has several, and I just don't get why it doesn't register most of the time, even if the entire screen is lit up. And that tilt minigane was a nightmare. Works so smoothly elsewhere, but here it was unresponsive, moved the wrong way and a laggy mess.

I'll be glad to be rid of this game. On the last sequence at the moment. Playing Sleeping Dog's concurrently and it's a whole other league in class

The light thing in AC is actually a weird trick. Light does jack all. What you actually need to do is just move around the Vita as if it was an AR thing until it picks up the angle it wants. You can do it in a pitch black room. No idea why, or why it tells you it's a light puzzle, because its not at all. Hope that helps!

Pachimari

I don't know why I have been thinking like this for the last couple of days, but Vita is truly a magnificent console. It already gave me one of my favorite Uncharted games, while also giving me all these control inputs and connectivity. WipEout 2048 were beautiful and Unit 13 have been one of this year's most addictive games.

And I have yet to play Lumines, which were my favorite PSP game and the MGS HD Collection, which have my favorite games ever, add to that MGS1 and a bunch of PSone classics like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Syphon Filter, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy.

Apparently there's a great kart racer in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Transformed and of course a fantastic remake of Persona 4. Then we got the finest pool game in Hustle Kings and a PlayStation beat me up in PS All-Stars Battle Royale that I have dreamed of for the past decade.

Add to that popular brands like Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation and Resistance: Retribution, though none of those have set the world on fire. And we got great new IP's like Gravity Rush. I look to the future and see a full fledged Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time, Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Attack, Tearaway and Killzone: Mercenary. Then the fighting craze seem have also hit Vita with Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken and the upcoming Dead or Alive 5 Plus, while Team Ninja also gives us Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus.

Truly gaming nirvana. This is PlayStation Vita.

Vodh

What the fuck is CoD:Declassified doing in a post about all the GOOD things vita? It was better before the edit :p

But yeah, I have to agree in general - it's an amazing piece of hardware. Not even counting the great games and ports native to the console, the screen and the existence of the 32gb cards make playing PS1 classics and PSP games a much smoother and enjoyable experience. While I liked my PSP for its Disgaea and especially for the Dissidia, it always felt a little bit underwhelming - Vita is essentially a portable PS3 experience and I love it.

DigitalOp

Banned
I ended up buying a little starter kit only. I passed on SFxT because I think it will decline in price throughout the year anyway and I really didn't need it right now persay, I already have alot to play due to PS+. The kit gave me another 4gb card so I installed Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048, Ill check those out later today.

Lets look at 2013 Vita titles shall we?

Soul Sacrifice
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time
Ratchet & Clank : Full Frontal Assault
Killzone: Mercenary
Tearaway
Oddworld: Munchs Oddysee
Dragons Crown
Phantasy Star Online 2
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus
Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable
The Binding of Issac : Rebirth
Guacamelee!
Warrior's Lair (Used to be 'Ruin')

Thats a good number of titles! And imagine all the ones not announced yet!! I bolded what Im interested in personally but 2013 will be a good year, no doubts about it!!!

Pachimari

I'll copyright this.

What the fuck is CoD:Declassified doing in a post about all the GOOD things vita? It was better before the edit :p

But yeah, I have to agree in general - it's an amazing piece of hardware. Not even counting the great games and ports native to the console, the screen and the existence of the 32gb cards make playing PS1 classics and PSP games a much smoother and enjoyable experience. While I liked my PSP for its Disgaea and especially for the Dissidia, it always felt a little bit underwhelming - Vita is essentially a portable PS3 experience and I love it.
Hahaha, I totally agree it were better before the edit. I lost the plot in my edit. :D

I ended up buying a little starter kit only. I passed on SFxT because I think it will decline in price throughout the year anyway and I really didn't need it right now persay, I already have alot to play due to PS+. The kit gave me another 4gb card so I installed Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048, Ill check those out later today.

Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway
Dragons Crown
Phantasy Star Online 2
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Guacamelee!

Thats a good number of titles! And imagine all the ones not announced yet!! I bolded what Im interested in personally but 2013 will be a good year, no doubts about it!!!
I'm actually only slightly interested in 3 of those: Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time, Tearaway and Killzone: Mercenary as I really want an addicting online first person shooter for the format. I really hope Sony brings some great announcements.

I really want Final Fantasy X HD to release, a new Jak & Daxter and another Uncharted. Bring Journey to it as well. I don't know what else I want, maybe just new creative IP's from Sony.

bunbun777

Jetpack Joyride looks really good. I tried it on my ps3 and it was too much for me, but on the vita screen it looks great. Have played it more already than I expected to. It's those darn challenges and prestige levels.

Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway
Dragons Crown
Phantasy Star Online 2
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Guacamelee!

There literally only two games there I'm not interested in.

So glad I decided to buy a vita.

'twas my first day one console launch too!

Derrick01

Banned

Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway
Dragons Crown
Phantasy Star Online 2
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Guacamelee!

I'm down for Sly, Killzone and Tearaway most likely. Maybe Ninja Gaiden when the price falls a lot. I'll probably get MLB too since I skipped on it in the last few years.

We need a lot of better game announcements though.

Kyon

Banned
I'm down for Sly, Killzone and Tearaway most likely. Maybe Ninja Gaiden when the price falls a lot. I'll probably get MLB too since I skipped on it in the last few years.

We need a lot of better game announcements though.

Deus Ex Revolution Portable +

Pachimari

Deus Ex Revolution Portable +
Reminds me I got Deus Ex: Human Revolution for PS3 for $4 new last month, and I have yet to open it.

I really want these games now but I don't have the funds for them: Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection, Gravity Rush, Virtue's Last Resort, Stranger's Wrath, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. But I really want Pokèmon Black 2 for 3DS as well but I'm waiting to see what the January 8 announcement brings.

Yet, I just finished playing ModNation Racers: Road Trip.

Reminds me I got Deus Ex: Human Revolution for PS3 for $4 new last month, and I have yet to open it.

I really want these games now but I don't have the funds for them: Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection, Gravity Rush, Virtue's Last Resort, Stranger's Wrath, Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. But I really want Pokèmon Black 2 for 3DS as well but I'm waiting to see what the January 8 announcement brings.

Yet, I just finished playing ModNation Racers: Road Trip.

My god man get your priories straight!

Since no one answered before btw -

Is the HD option on the YouTube app downscaled 720p?

Cos damn some games look fucking gorgeous on that OLED

DR2K

Banned
Took advantage of Bestbuys B2G1(used) free. Got MGSHD and Rayman(brother got Borderlands 2).

For a system with no games I have no idea how I have 11.

Number45

Doing my moves every night (usually). Currently only 2-3 matches of the 6 GAF matches I have open are still active. Others lost a bit their interest I guess :)
Oh god. This isn't intentional, the invites always pop up when I can't launch the game and then I forget about it. Alundra doesn't help with that at the moment either. :p

Will try and fire it up later/tomorrow.

Sid

I'm pretty sure that's the case,Vita has 1080p playback too which obviously would mean such vids would run downscaled.

Massa

It would have to be either downscaled from 720p or upscaled from 480p, as I don't think Youtube hosts videos in resolutions between that. So yeah, probably downscaled.

Miutsu

Is there any place online that I can buy the 32gb from at 80$ max? >_> Amazon thinks its funny to move the price between 80 and 90 every now and then

Shahed

Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway
Dragons Crown
Phantasy Star Online 2
Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Guacamelee!

While that might seem like an impressive list, there's only one game I am definitely getting on there, and two more I'm considering.

Soul Sacrifice needs to show more single player content, but I'll still probably get it. Same for Killzone Mercenaries. Sly is the only definite, but thats gonna be short and easy.

Still with my Vita backlog including the yet to be released Persona 4, and several PSP/PS1 games, I've got enough content to last me a while into 2014, so I'm good for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom