• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VMC are recruiting for 'At-Home Game Testers' for AAA Multiplayer Console & PC Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just an FYI. If you leave your Xbox One on after the session is over you can still play even when the servers disconnect because you are already in game. I played for a good two days straight before going back to Titanfall.

If it's something I really like, I might try that. Thanks :D

Still nothing. :( Every post of excitement and anticipation strikes a pang of regret I didn't catch this thread when it was first posted.

djblue89

For those who have already participated, is it possible to arrive late ?

For example, I can only be there for 5:30 EST for the test that goes from 4 to 8, can I just join late and get paid in consequence, even if I don't get paid since I'm late it's not really an issue, since I take fault in being late.

Thanks

m23

I applied, pretty bored sometimes on weekends anyway. Do people who got accepted already know what they'll be testing?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Feel free to add me guys: My GT's Monsterfracas.

I applied, pretty bored sometimes on weekends anyway. Do people who got accepted already know what they'll be testing?
Nah not yet. Hopefully soon. Hype reaching unhealthy levels though

oxidax

Wow cool ive always wanted to get into things like this. To be honest, i always wanted to be a legit game tester but ive read only bad things about it online.

RollinThunder

Neo Member
I received my Xbox one acceptance today. Pretty excited, but going to be pretty busy this weekend so hoping ill be able to make it still.

Just fyi on what getting in was like for me, I applied & sent in my NDA on the 28th of March, and I received a schedule of tests that weekend, but the sessions had already been filled. Since then i have received two emails referencing upcoming tests for mobile & pc. Even though i didn't respond, it didn't matter apparently. So if you don't get selected this weekend, don't worry.

Good luck getting in everyone.

Bsigg12

so, seems like xbone multiplayer testing will be heavily done by gaffers

who would have thought.... :D

It's probably for the best as well because we'll actually fill the surveys out correctly and honestly. At least I would like to think GAFfers have some integrity for things like this.

What are the Skype sessions like for this? Do you just have to be logged on or is there any human interaction?

Translation:
Do I need to tidy up the room my Xbone is in and put pants on? :p

belushy

Banned
What are the Skype sessions like for this? Do you just have to be logged on or is there any human interaction?

Translation:

I think that the sign up website states that the skype chats are all text and no voice/video.

edit: Ah yes here:

Note that Skype will be used for communication during test sessions. If you do not have a Skype ID, please create one now. Also note that only typing within group chats will be used - microphone or camera use will not be permitted. Note that your Skype ID isn't your display name - please ensure to enter your ID as it appears on your Profile page.

Bsigg12

Translation:

Chat only. No video or voice for that matter. Make sure you have a laptop or computer handy while testing.

BraXzy

Translation:

It is all text based chat. It is primarily there to confirm your attendance, and so that you also have a direct line with a VMC representative if any issues arise. Plus it is a lot of fun chatting with other testers :)

vypek

I only got a notice for the Xbox One test and a PC game test. Don't have an Xbox One and my PC is incredibly weak. :/ Hoping they send a notice for PS3 or PS4.

border

I got accepted and have been sent the NDA email. I have not returned it yet.

Will it count against me if I cannot participate in this weekend's beta test? I am going to be out of town for PAX East.

TriGen

Guy's who got accepted now, when did you sign up? I am a bit worried now.

I first signed up around March 30th-ish, got the NDA letter around April 3rd -- and was accepted fully on April 6th, I think. So while I heard other people had things happen real quick, it can take a little bit if they're busy or something.

K1ng P3n

I got accepted and have been sent the NDA email. I have not returned it yet.

Will it count against me if I cannot participate in this weekend's beta test? I am going to be out of town for PAX East.

End of March. Sorry quoted the wrong post

Daffy Duck

I've had nothing from them about the test for this Saturday (was on the last GBNT).

Hopefully I'll get something soon.

Akai__

I got accepted aswell, but looks like they are only testing on Xbox One now and I don't own one. Hope they have PC testing soon.

Have fun with testing people. :)

Oynox

I just marked the Xbox 360 as my system and got the mail, saying that you are looking for Xbox One Testers. But you will contact me as soon as you have a Xbox 360 Test going on?

molnizzle

Got my acceptance email. Now just waiting on the email with the download code!

I'm really hoping this is what I think it is.

Guys, which Xbox One game are they testing? Going by the excitement here it sounds like a good title. I just sent my dxdiag and completed the survey for the PC card title but it's a bit late so I'm not sure if it's over with already.

mocoworm

Guys, which Xbox One game are they testing? Going by the excitement here it sounds like a good title. I just sent my dxdiag and completed the survey for the PC card title but it's a bit late so I'm not sure if it's over with already.

No-one can tell you I'm afraid. NDA.

During the session the Admins tell you what they want you to do. The 3hr session was broken into 3 parts with one hour each dedicated to 3 tasks to test. The SKYPE communication told us what to do and when.

jmood88

For the people who have done the Xbox One test before, how many days before the test do they send you the download code?

JTGreat

I'm on the test and I don't know what game it is, unless in I've missed something we haven't been told yet.

I guess people in the earlier tests know what it is though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Hope a session is on for this week. Need my fix.

Just an FYI. If you leave your Xbox One on after the session is over you can still play even when the servers disconnect because you are already in game. I played for a good two days straight before going back to Titanfall.

I managed to play for about 6 hours after but then the game froze. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom