• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

Been watching for ten minutes and all the guy has done so far is pause the game and leave it there and now he's just standing there. Annnnnnd the broadcast stopped as I typed this post. Riveting steam. :D
Yeah this stream sucked. The one from yesterday was much better but got taken down quickly.

Josh5890

The IGN video today looked cool (even if Destin can't drive). I was going to hold off for a while but I'm starting to lean towards getting it.

Gaz_RB

Rambling and sometimes incoherent impressions from reddit: (take with grains of salt)

I've been playing it on the 360 since yesterday night, all day this morning and afternoon. I can honestly say firstly, this game graphically, beautiful just beautiful especially when it's on a 360...an old console and yet it still looks better then gta V. Frame rate, it never lags no stutter nothing like that, atleast, not that I've noticed. I'll admit there's obviously some graphical impurities (Leaves because old hardware) but that won't exist on pc (well, not high-end ones.) So gameplay, It's fun as all hell. I legitimately Haven't gotten bored of it once, Even when I do missions (Normally not into doing campaigns) It's fun as hell, the stealth is amazing and really tense at times you don't know whether they'll come to where you are or run off to look elsewhere, the random npcs in the background during it all freaking out, it's just amazing. Then the npcs, they have a "life" the small boxes from the trailers, etc. But I followed one for a good 30 minutes, starting from a underground area, he actually did go into the city and took me quite a distance, and I would've followed him more until an ambulance rushed by, Actual patrolling ambulances, firetrucks, COPS, automatically a shock to me. So I tried to catch up however my past actions (robberies) got a cop car around the corner onto me... After ditching said police I ran into a guy digging through the trash, he had mental problems and was a "Dumpster Diver" for his profession, no true income. The little details are pretty nice. I found a few eastereggs I shalln't spoil, and a few misc. Comedical npc acts and got a few drinking games done and loved every second of it. Upon my day and now almost 2 days, I've only got about 9% done... Constant play pretty much... This game, is truly amazing and just out right fun. I would honestly give it a 9/10 for 360 (No first person driving view like I had hoped for the 360.) And a 10/10 presuming the pc version is better (basing ubi's past pc releases there's an if factor there, but I'm hopeful) I know I'll be downvoted, but I wanted to give my 2 cents since I've been playing the hell out of the game anyways.

-UPDATE GAS STATIONS ACTUALLY BLOW UP SUCCESSFULLY AND VERY NICELY. Just had to throw that out there. Also, If you listen into a npc's conversation (phone) and you stand right next to them, they'll notice, tell you something like "do you mind" or "Back off" and if you don't, they begin to leave. Oh yeah, and not all text logs you can hack are crime related. Won't spoil them though. DOUBLE EDIT- So I actually looked at the 2nd explosion that's the main one. It's actually a mushroom cloud style explosion, it looks very nice.

Forgot to mention the most important thing for those of you buying 360/ps3 version: The city DOES FEEL ALIVE, there is an abundance in most if not all parts of the city of both Npc's and cars, the highways feel trafficy at times, the cities dense (moreso during day/rushhour obviously) but regardless of the time, it feels alive, there's no shortage and I don't notice pop-ins. But the city does indeed feel living and populated. Also, if no one sees you kill a person, no one calls the cops like they said. So that's fun, if you can lure or hunt in the outskirts/wood region.

A bit of an FYI, There's no police boats, so the water is a free pass from a chase, presuming you deal with the helicopters (Cough perks cough) so yeah, the whole chicago with lakes thing is a fun way to try to free yourself from a chase.

It really is an amazing game, And if it's this great on old systems, the newer gen and pc should be goty material without any doubt, so far even the 360/ps3 should be. Another thing I didn't mention in my mini-review/opinion wall-text, Bridges, they're amazingly fun to Jump over when they're closing. Also the cars are really nice (takes a little to get used to the controls with an actual controller) and motorcycles, the wheelies are very entertaining to jump ramps and such on. Freerunning is extremely easy to do/get used to and awesome to watch aiden do, running on foot feels really nice when you hop fences and tables, etc. Also carcour is possible.

Right, Back to npc interactions though, Standing by this bridge (cop chase, long story, involved blacking out the city and shooting a mugger) I ended up seeing a guy hitting on a chick, I listened in, he was talking about some toys and then tried to touch the girl, she shoved him and walked off, he started looking at me saying "oh...uhmm..." So leaving him to handle his rejection, I went to a bus-stop nearby, these girls were talking about their friend who wasn't there, she said something about a death and moved her hand towards her hand like a gun or potentially a blunt object. Adding some body language to the vocal dialogue. I must say, Some of these npcs are pretty interesting to just stop and watch...

Edit again, Right, so you can actually free run and if a tree is near a chainlink fence, you side jump off the tree, over the fence... so that looked pretty epic. Right, another thing, you do infact see people play NVZN and vr games, also some people look at you quite funny if you play them. And the giant spider game, is very fun. You get rewards for story missions/ skills progress/mini games/general completion of the game. And uplay points (Don't know whether they'd work offline, but meh at least you can earn them.) Another example of little details, at certain points of the day, you can see window washers, they're career actually says window washer. Minor update: I started ramming a random car for the hell of it, npcs started taking pics with their phones. So yay for that being in game. Also, Some people seem to have misc. police records. It's pretty funny/neat what some have done. So, another example of small details, an npc's HIV positive, his career?Medical test subject. Even more, someone standing in a back alley (police chase again) was vommiting their arse off and when approached they pretty much told me to piss off. also, people actually throw their trash away into the trashcan, like in the trailer, though I've yet to see anyone walk with a coffee cup.

JohngPR

Sorry if this has been asked, but has anyone said when the game will be released on PSN? I'm considering getting it digitally if it comes out midnight on the 27th.

JLeack

Banned
I'm not a graphics junkie but I think the game looks great. Granted, I had to lower the brightness because the default was too bright.

Animations are very dynamic like Uncharted.

Gaz_RB

I'm not a graphics junkie but I think the game looks great. Granted, I had to lower the brightness because the default was too bright.

Thanks for the impressions. Keep us updated!

Comes off as Ubisoft PR. No fps drops? Better visuals then GTA? Alive city? From what has been leaked its everything but that...

Yeah I'd say it was Ubi PR if it were a little more readable haha.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Ubisoft is like right behind Naughty Dog when it comes to character animations. Hopefully some devs will release animation reels for this game like they did with AC3.

Derp

BoRGZeUIMAEQUay.jpg:large

BoRf37OIQAARtsE.jpg:large

God damn those car models are just horrible. This is my biggest problem with the game at the moment.

statham

Just beat Sleeping Dogs what a great game, and look great imo on 360 too. Maybe not the best idea to go from open world to another but I'm excited.

God damn those car models are just horrible. This is my biggest problem with the game at the moment.
I understand, but glad those things don't matter to me much. This game is going to rock.

I am trying to decide if I should get this for PC or not. I am sure I can run it, just not at ultra settings because of my CPU. I just don't know if I'm into the concept, it still looks like Assassin's Creed 2030 to me.

All these new vids look great to me, if i can get that same feeling from gta5 of just exploring a massive world with distinct districts e.t.c i will be happy.

the end to end map vid gave me some hope as they mentioned it felt more alive then gta5.

However i will miss euphoria though, some of the pedestrian hit animations e.t.c seem pretty arcadey, but that's just a minor nitpick :)

JLeack

Banned
It seems the Xbox One version supports rumble triggers. The controller feedback is the best I've experienced on the system.

HowZatOZ

Banned
All these new vids look great to me, if i can get that same feeling from gta5 of just exploring a massive world with distinct districts e.t.c i will be happy.

the end to end map vid gave me some hope as they mentioned it felt more alive then gta5.

However i will miss euphoria though, some of the pedestrian hit animations e.t.c seem pretty arcadey, but that's just a minor nitpick :)

This is exactly what I'm most excited about. I just want to jump into an open-world and have it feel open, just like GTA V. Be able to just load the game up and go on a rampage or just wander the streets looking for funny NPC comments.

Can't wait to finally have a new open-world on PC, going to be soooo good.

RedAssedApe

Banned
live from playstation, another stream is up.

are you talking about the top viewed one?

Resolution: 960x540
Frame Rate: 30 FPS
Audio: aac, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 65 kb/s
Total Bitrate: 830 kbps

not worth watching with that bitrate. that's one reason people shitting on the graphics.

Finally some confirmation that there are radio stations with licensed music on them. That's all I really wanted to know. I love having hip hop or classical music accompanying my crime sprees.

Yeah I can't believe there's no Chance. That is seriously one of the most disappointing things about the game haha

I heard a Weezer song and there seems to be some pretty decent motwon-ish soul so maybe it is relieved but idk, I'll just wait to here it if I do get the game.

What I keep wanting to know is, if this game is varied enough. Far Cry 3 basically had 3 things worth doing. Assassin's Creed IV lost me as soon as you left Havana. I just want a dense, intresting world, I'm a bit of a wanderer in games and real life. IMO, if Watch dogs can make a chicago that is just full of detail and life, it has accomplished its task in my books.

Top Bottom