• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

My local Gamestop is doing a midnight release thing. Free Papa John pizza the night of and apparently free coupons for Chipotle.

Fellas,

Wish me luck in swiping a stack of Chipotle coupons!

Nuke Soda

People are playing Watch Dogs and I'm just sitting watching the IGN stream and face palming pretty much at every second of them playing it.

Kayant

Or maybe the pirated version doesn't have the highest textures because it's missing a patch unlike the legit copy. That's the impression I'm getting from other forums.

I thought they were from the retail copies that came early no?

I mean the other comparisons show the same thing

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113216704&postcount=81

In gif --> http://a.pomf.se/tvkowv.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113219461&postcount=147

n gif --> http://a.pomf.se/ubpqgh.gif

So far, I'm really enjoying the game and i'm having a lot of fun. After watching some streams, I thought that it wouldn't be as fun. Graphically, it looks great at some points and at others it looks bland, mainly during the daytime.

JLeack

Banned
Metal Gear Solid looks boring too. However, it's one of my 3 favorite franchises and has global acclaim.

Not every good game looks fun when you watch on stream.

Purexed

Banned
Been playing the PS4 version for a few hours, and I'm enjoying the hell out of the game. The hacking mechanics and the mission diversity have been good so far, and the story is interesting. I especially enjoy how differently various cars feel driving.

I know most of this thread has been devoted to comparing screen shots and videos, but that nonsensical cap aside, the game is performing like a champ. No frame drops to my eye and the clarity of the graphics and world are great. It's no Second Son, but I'm cutting Ubisoft some slack as the current gen versions probably held them back a bit.

It's early, but so far so good.

Quick question: is there any advantage to preordering this game on PSN as opposed to just buying it when it's released (on PSN)? Curious if there are any preorder bonuses.

Shady859

Watched IGN stream yesterday and some streams tonight. I am totally not hyped for this game at all. Just going to Gamefly it and sell my cheap Best Buy copy. More excited for Mario Kart friday. :/

Shadownet

Banned
I'm about 20 mins in. Gameplay wise everything seem solid. Hacking is interesting, mostly just pressing a button. But gotta say graphic is disappointing. If this is equal to high quality on a PC. I say BS.

Car feel like its driving on water, look like it too.

Honestly, Infamous look better than this

Purexed

Banned
No, some cars are more responsive than others and you can typically tell if something will drive like a boring Toyota Cary the second you steal that car.

Performance cars drive and control with much tighter precision.

stryke

I'm about 20 mins in. Gameplay wise everything seem solid. Hacking is interesting, mostly just pressing a button. But gotta say graphic is disappointing. If this is equal to high quality on a PC. I say BS.

Car feel like its driving on water, look like it too.

Honestly, Infamous look better than this

How's the framerate?

DrBo42

Alright a couple of hours in, mostly just roaming around. There really doesn't seem to be a lot of hacks in the game. Most of it is tied to operating a vehicle and spicing up combat or stealth. Kinda disappointing. World definitely feels big but like inFamous lacks personality. The real fun in this game (to my knowledge very early on in the story) seems to be had from multiplayer or chases. If you're not into the gameplay loop of go->hack->chase->kill or a varying order of that, not sure you will enjoy watch dogs.

MayMay

Banned
Aiden seems to be a better Assassins Creed protagonist than any actual AC protagonist. At least he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb lol - I love AC but I just noticed that while watching footage of him just slowly walking around with his hands in his pockets.

JLeack

Banned
Alright a couple of hours in, mostly just roaming around. There really doesn't seem to be a lot of hacks in the game. Most of it is tied to operating a vehicle and spicing up combat or stealth. Kinda disappointing. World definitely feels big but like inFamous lacks personality. The real fun in this game (to my knowledge very early on in the story) seems to be had from multiplayer or chases. If you're not into the gameplay loop of go->hack->chase->kill or a varying order of that, not sure you will enjoy watch dogs.

Disagree. I've spent about 7 hours already running around doing the extra content. There is tons of it and its super varied.

I like this game way more than Second Son, but graphics don't mean a lot to me to be fair.

Lucent

Luckily I have a friend who is going to buy this day one for the Xbox One. I'm gonna leave my PS4 on standby, hang out with him and see if it's fun/interesting. If it is, I'll go online and have my PS4 get on downloading it. lol.

DrBo42

Disagree. I've spent about 7 hours already running around doing the extra content. There is tons of it and its super varied.

I like this game way more than Second Son, but graphics don't mean a lot to me to be fair.

Not sure exactly what you disagree with. The extra content is super varied?

Shadownet

Banned
Aiden seems to be a better Assassins Creed protagonist than any actual AC protagonist. At least he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb lol - I love AC but I just noticed that while watching footage of him just slowly walking around with his hands in his pockets.

Nope Ezio is still UbiSoft GOAT character.

Shadownet

Banned
Missions are varied so far. Which is a good thing. If this game is good, I might double dip and get a PC version. Infamous still the best looking ps4 games so far that I've played.

Missions are varied so far. Which is a good thing. If this game is good, I might double dip and get a PC version. Infamous still the best looking ps4 games so far that I've played.

The biggest thing for me quite frankly. In terms of visuals, I already know that the amount of things going on make up for it. Infamous may look amazing but it's streets are empty and content and interaction is lacking.

JLeack

Banned
I may have just pee'd my pants while hiding from another player I hacked. I was watching him on the cameras while I was in a good hiding spot. During the final 20 seconds he ran near me but didn't see me.

I may have just pee'd my pants while hiding from another player I hacked. I was watching him on the cameras while I was in a good hiding spot. During the final 20 seconds he ran near me but didn't see me.

It's sounding like the more realized evolution of asscreed's interesting multiplayer approach. That's good because it had so much potential.

Were you in singleplayer? I don't understand how these interactions work.

Top Bottom