• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Does Sony Have For The Holidays?

Seeing that gravity rush quote made me shed a tear. I hope they have a trailer ready for this year at least. And I hope the original game is ported to ps4 while GR2 is another showpiece title for the system. Can't Wait to see what Japanese devs do graphically this Gen. I agree and disagree with some of the sentiments, I think E3 and Gamescon are still the focus for Sony. Psx seems like a welcome the new year party and more for the hard-core gamers who actually admire the devs and are rooted in the industry. I think big AAA games will mostly be reserved for the first two big conferences.

Has there been any rumours about Microsoft losing its Timed Exclusive for Tomb Raider? I have read on a few other forum's it was a rumoured. They say the Uncharted delay and the sales advantage that Square Enix will pull a Final Fantasy XIII and release on both consoles this year.

I am sure it is fanboy nonsense but doesn't hurt to ask as most rumours seem to originate from GAF.

We'll see signs if that's true.

Like Tomb Raider removed from Xbox ads or something.

Until there's more credible sources, the reliable insiders are saying that the rumoured exclusivity period is till Spring.

I can't see Tomb Raider going multiplatform on launch after MS made such a hullabaloo about getting the exclusive. Do either of you have a link to a source or any evidence behind this rumour? First I've heard of it.

My prediction for new "big" announcements.

E3:
Horizon
Level-5 RPG
Bend Game

Gamescom:
Media Molecule
Quantic Dream

TGS:
Gravity Rus 2/collection
Do you think I was going to put The Last Guardian here? Nope.

Seems reasonable. Hopefully Sony starts to veer away from announcing games so early like they have done with the likes of Rime, Rapture, Helldivers, and no doubt Wild and Edith Finch too. In fact, they could have a really good line-up of shows this year just focusing on third parties and exclusive games due in the next 12 months; Uncharted 4, Until Dawn, Tearaway Unfolded, Gravity Rush 2 (presumably), Ratchet & Clank, Rime, Rapture, Alienation, The Tomorrow Children, Killstrain, Drawn to Death, etc, as well as peppering in the new releases like you mention above. Although Corey Barlog said that GoWIV won't be at E3 this year I wouldn't be surprised if they get something prepped for the PSX event and finish their conference by announcing it with a CGI trailer formally announcing it for a late 2016 release. That way you've got Horizon at E3, Media Molecule at Gamescom, tons of Japanese games at TGS and GoWIV at PSX as their heavy hitters.

dalekjay

since ps4 launch Sony has a auto-hype, even when they got less games and less exclusives - I own every console, I play multiplats on ps4, but sincerely I don't understand why ps4 is so well.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
since ps4 launch Sony has a auto-hype, even when they got less games and less exclusives - I own every console, I play multiplats on ps4, but sincerely I don't understand why ps4 is so well.

Because they *don't* have fewer games *or* fewer exclusives? And they still have all the multiplatform games. And they are riding the positivity from the launch still and MS hasn't done much to overturn the negativity other than throw money at the problem.

Hanmik

This thread is why its becoming more believable.

Also this:

https://twitter.com/JD_2020/status/590678072392863744

fucking lol

fOKbpuT.jpg

Probably because Sony haven't done anything wrong this gen, while MS fucked up till Phil Spencer arrived.

TomShoe

Banned
I can't see Tomb Raider going multiplatform on launch after MS made such a hullabaloo about getting the exclusive. Do either of you have a link to a source or any evidence behind this rumour? First I've heard of it.

I highly doubt TR is going multi on launch, considering the ink has probably long been dry by now. I'm expecting the exclusivity is going to be a lot like PvZ: GW, and Titanfall before the 2nd deal was made. 6 months of exclusivity, then a release in the Spring
right on time to get smashed by Uncharted

ugh, not this again..It is incredibly easy to see why it's selling so well..Brand, strong messaging, strong marketing, and contrary to some people, it has the most games. Saying it is hype is just trying to downplay it. it is seen as a great product people want, and it is.

How do they have less game please explain? Even exclusives sony has more and more announced.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

I suppose you have the numbers handy to support your assertion?

Exclusive = 37
Microsoft exclusive = 15
Console exclusive or timed = 30/8
Multiplatform/TBA = 255/5
Playable = 173 available to purchase

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

Exclusive = 45
Sony Exclusive = 49
Console exclusive and/or timed = 96/4
Multiplatform/or Unknown = 255/1
Playable = 180 available to purchase

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

RiverKwai

I don't think this has been the case since launch.Unless you are talking about vs WiiU. They've had more games and more exclusives than XBO at pretty much every point in time during this generation.

List warssssss

In the end it always turns into list wars lol

This isn't a list war though. It's people trying to stop the ongoing Sony has no games narrative that is somehow still alive. It gets annoying when people continue to try and spread misinformation.

As for COD going to Sony, that's going to be a big get.

Somnia

It's not a 'war', it's people putting forth a rebuttal to someone's idiotic and incorrect comment.

It really is not, people corrected someone when they came in a posted total misinformation.

This isn't a list war though. It's people trying to stop the ongoing Sony has no games narrative that is somehow still alive. It gets annoying when people continue to try and spread misinformation.

As for COD going to Sony, that's going to be a big get.

Which in the end is how every list war begins. Someone claims "they don't have exclusive games" "they don't have any holiday games" "they don't have digital games" and then someone replies with a list proving them wrong and then that person replies with their own list, wash and repeat.

To quote Battlestar "This Has All Happened Before, And This Will All Happen Again"

=)

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
List warssssss

In the end it always turns into list wars lol

There is no list, just numbers. If people can't handle objective numbers then they need to keep their stupid shit off the boards to begin with.

Which in the end is how every list war begins. Someone claims "they don't have exclusive games" "they don't have any holiday games" "they don't have digital games" and then someone replies with a list proving them wrong and then that person replies with their own list, wash and repeat.

To quote Battlestar "This Has All Happened Before, And This Will All Happen Again"

=)

There was no list...it was factual numbers showing someone the were wrong about something, idf people cannot handle that then I don't know what to say.

Somnia

There is no list, just numbers. If people can't handle objective numbers then they need to keep their stupid shit off the boards to begin with.

Jesus people need to calm down I was joking about it always turns into #'s and lists in the end. Just don't want to see this thread turn into crap list wars like the MS exclusive IP thread did.

Somnia

There was no list...it was factual numbers showing someone the were wrong about something, idf people cannot handle that then I don't know what to say.

Wow... you people are way too serious in here. I was clearing joking with how I made the post because #'s started getting thrown out about so and so has more games and so and so doesn't have games from the idiot who started it.

GobFather

=)

so how would you respond to those statements? Just say "no"? lol

Apathy

If you own every console then how is it possible you don't know the ps4 as more games than the other ones?

Somnia

so how would you respond to those statements? Just say "no"? lol

Ignore them because they are idiots? Half the time they are trolling to get people to start list crap and people keep falling for it over and over. There's a reason console war crap continues because people just don't ignore the idiots lol

GobFather

Ignore them because they are idiots? Half the time they are trolling to get people to start list crap. There's a reason console war crap continues because people just don't ignore the idiots lol

But people who don't know better, will see it and believe it's true. If enough people says it and no one responds to it to say that its wrong..... Not everyone is highly informed about it. You can ignore it because you know better about it.

Somnia

But people who don't know better, will see it and believe it's true. If enough people says it and no one responds to it to claim its wrong..... Not everyone is highly informed about it. You can ignore it because you know better about it.

Fair enough, guess I'm just tired of seeing this board become a huge bickering back and forth for the last few months. I wish gamers would just play games, I want to live in fantasy land lol

Zukkoyaki

Even if Sony doesn't announce any new first party games for the holiday season, Ratchet & Clank and Tearaway are more than enough for me! I love both developers!

With that said, I still suspect they will annouce 1-2 notable games at E3. I'm not expecting anything huge, but something absolutely notable probably on the scale of Sunset Overdrive for Microsoft last year.

There are more PS4 games announced than there are Xbox One and Wii U games though.

=)

Jesus people need to calm down I was joking about it always turns into #'s and lists in the end. Just don't want to see this thread turn into crap list wars like the MS exclusive IP thread did.

Wow... you people are way too serious in here. I was clearing joking with how I made the post because #'s started getting thrown out about so and so has more games and so and so doesn't have games from the idiot who started it.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say... people corrected a dude spreading misinformation with facts, then you come in and start harping on about list wars when no lists had been posted (whether it was a joke or not). I saw you talking over in the MS E3 hype thread about people shitting up MS threads by bringing Sony into it, and yet you're practically doing the same thing here with nothing to actually add to the conversation.

Variety. If you want big AAA games that aren't rated M, you won't find them on XBone. PS4 has Knack, LBP3, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous, Uncharted, MLB the Show, Flower/Journey, Pixeljunk, etc. Also DRM/price killed XBone first year.

If you just want big AAA M rated shooters then XB1 and PS4 are very similar. If you want to play everything else, PS4 is the way to go.

Check out this site it tracks exclusives: http://www.listwar.com

PS4 is just trashing XB1 in exclusives.

Top Bottom