• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Does Sony Have For The Holidays?

GobFather

Fair enough, guess I'm just tired of seeing this board become a huge bickering back and forth for the last few months. I wish gamers would just play games, I want to live in fantasy land lol

True, but you can ignore those posts ;D it's hard i know lol

stryke

Fair enough, guess I'm just tired of seeing this board become a huge bickering back and forth for the last few months. I wish gamers would just play games, I want to live in fantasy land lol

It's called a forum. We can talk about all sorts of things.

Ignore them because they are idiots? Half the time they are trolling to get people to start list crap and people keep falling for it over and over. There's a reason console war crap continues because people just don't ignore the idiots lol

Ignore trolls yes..ignore misinformation? No I don't think that is a good idea.

Somnia

What? That gamers who like to engage in conversations whatever their nature means that they're not playing games?

No my point is I wish people would quite bickering over hardware companies and just discuss games themselves and play games. Isn't that why we enjoy this hobby anyways? To play games?

Again I'm living in Fantasy Land, for some reason people love attaching themselves to companies (Ford vs Chevy, Sony vs MS, etc). I just personally don't see the point myself, but to be fair I use to be that way. I was a major Nintendo fanboy for years and just stopped to focus on gaming itself. I fully admit I prefer playing on one piece of hardware over another due to RL friends mainly being on it, but I just don't feel the need to bicker over who has the most games, etc.

No my point is I wish people would quite bickering over hardware companies and just discuss games themselves and play games. Isn't that why we enjoy this hobby anyways? To play games?

Again I'm living in Fantasy Land, for some reason people love attaching themselves to companies (Ford vs Chevy, Sony vs MS, etc). I just personally don't see the point myself, but to be fair I use to be that way. I was a major Nintendo fanboy for years and just stopped to focus on gaming itself. I fully admit I prefer playing on one piece of hardware over another due to RL friends mainly being on it, but I just don't feel the need to bicker over who has the most games, etc.

I'm not sure why you think so less of other people as to assume that someone isn't capable of doing multiple things. We can discuss games, hardware companies, sales data etc etc.

All while fully enjoying gaming.

stryke

Then take your own advice. Ignore it.

Percy

Banned

For someone who was having a listwar with at least one other poster earlier in this thread, you seem very indignant about this.

If Sony don't have anything, I could send them a pair of socks. I always get too many for the holidays, I don't mind donating to someone who has nothing.

Crayon

I know some herer don't like it, but I really appreciate how the power has shifted from full title exclusivity to just marketing tie-in deals. ps and xb both get the game, but whoever lands the deal still gets a boost and here on the board we can all enjoy the drama. It's like having your cake and eating it too.

I know some herer don't like it, but I really appreciate how the power has shifted from full title exclusivity to just marketing tie-in deals. ps and xb both get the game, but whoever lands the deal still gets a boost and here on the board we can all enjoy the drama. It's like having your cake and eating it too.

Titanfall, SFV and Dead Rising 3 were/are exclusive with the next Tomb Raider being timed.

That's pretty big for 2 years imo.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Even if Sony has COD marketting does it REALLY matter all that much?

Call of Duty is pretty much linked to Xbox brand. I'm sure MS knows this and is probably not worried about losing much (if anything) to Sony.

I felt the same way about AC:Unity going to MS.

Somnia

For someone who was having a listwar with at least one other poster earlier in this thread, you seem very indignant about this.

Which is why I stopped responding after that because I realized I was getting sucked into the crap again. Also like the poster above you said I should have just taken my own advice and ignored it. My fault for even posting anything about it.

I like having debates about sales numbers, etc. just not overall hardware fanboyism. I'll stop posting about it and let you all get back to your discussions =)

braves01

Banned
Titanfall, SFV and Dead Rising 3 were/are exclusive with the next Tomb Raider being timed.

I think PC has or will be getting all those (not 100% about tomb raider though), too, so they're not that exclusive. If you're console-only though yeah there are some meaningful 3rd party exclusives.

Call of Duty is pretty much linked to Xbox brand. I'm sure MS knows this and is probably not worried about losing much (if anything) to Sony.

Yet it sells more worlwide on ps4, and are close in the US where the hardware gap is close.

TomShoe

Banned

It's more about a perspective shift than anything. Taking Call of Duty away from Xbox would make a huge statement. It's telling the world, "Hey, we are the dominant platform in the US as well as the rest of the world. All your friends are getting PS4s. Do you really want to be left behind?"

Taking a lot of Microsoft's strongholds would do damage to their brand.

Somnia

It really depends, I mean it can make a difference for casual gamers for sure, but they will mainly get the system their friends have CoD on.

Though if Sony does get the marketing for BLOPS 3, they need to do a system bundle like MS did with Assassin's IMO, now that would make a difference.

I think it really depends on how hard the marketing push is. If Sony has the deal, they should be pushing hard to convert more 360 owners to the PS4. That's the only way the deal really becomes a big factor in my eyes. Merely having it as a marketing deal where you associate CoD with Playstation doesn't seem quite as big in the same month as Battlefront is launching.

Crayon

Seems pretty light to me. titanfall and dr3 are not really heavy hitters. sfv is more of a second party arrangement and tomb raider is temporary. Altho you may be right, and it hasn't really changed that much. Could simply be my perception.

Mr Moose

I'm sick of waiting 30 days for DLC, so I hope it is true.

TomShoe

Banned
I think it really depends on how hard the marketing push is. If Sony has the deal, they should be pushing hard to convert more 360 owners to the PS4. That's the only way the deal really becomes a big factor in my eyes. Merely having it as a marketing deal where you associate CoD with Playstation doesn't seem quite as big in the same month as Battlefront is launching.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't AW on 360 the top seller on all platforms?

Boke1879

If anything it gives Sony a bit of leverage. They could easily bundle the game with the ps4 similar to what MS did

Correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't AW on 360 the top seller on all platforms?

I know for sure that it sold the most on release on 360. So there's clearly a large CoD base on 360 and I think a marketing deal that doesn't try to get more 360 owners to transition to PS4 is a wasted one.

Euron

fucking lol

fOKbpuT.jpg
Who the hell is TimDog and what GAF did he take down?

Also exclusive marketing for Battlefront and CoD is pretty much all Sony needs but we'll also get the Uncharted Collection and Ratchet Reimaginning. Also if No Man's Sky is ready for this year Sony will push that a ton.

But really all it would take to obliterate the competition is a Battlefront Bundle for $299 (will probably end up being $349 at the lowest).

TomShoe

Banned
That probably is true, but I think they are planning one this fall.

Agreed. I think they'll do one with the expectation that MS is going to have a price drop of their own. It's not necessary, but you can't let your competitor get too low on price without it reflecting poorly on you. I expect them to go whole hog and drop it to $299, much like in the PS2 days.

since ps4 launch Sony has a auto-hype

Selling on hype alone.

even when they got less games and less exclusives - I own every console

no gaemz

I own every console, I play multiplats on ps4

Some of my best friends are consoles.

Here on Jeremy Kyle we call that a 'full house'.

but sincerely I don't understand why ps4 is so well

It takes regular exercise and eats clean.

Agreed. I think they'll do one with the expectation that MS is going to have a price drop of their own. It's not necessary, but you can't let your competitor get too low on price without it reflecting poorly on you. I expect them to go whole hog and drop it to $299, much like in the PS2 days.

I agree, I think that is how it will go as well.

They need to get it low for the Morpheus bundle too...

299 for vanilla 1 game bundle, $499 for Morpheus Bundle with Morpheus, camera, Move controller, VR game.

To MS, not really.

To Sony, probably does a bit. Like what Boke said, it gives them some amount of leverage.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
NPD is US only, Ps4 has a massive world wide install base lead, it obviously sold more on PS4 overall worldwide.

Obviously? Give me a source. I want to see something that confirms that CoD on PS4 outsold CoD X1 worldwide. Because I simply do not believe that is what happened since almost all CoD sales come from the US/UK regions, which are Xbox strongest regions.

Obviously? Give me a source. I want to see something that confirms that CoD on PS4 outsold CoD X1 worldwide. Because I simply do not believe that is what happened since almost all CoD sales come from the US/UK regions, which are Xbox strongest regions.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought in the NPD thread the gap in the US was 700K copies, I don't see how ps4 does not easily make up that outside the US with the install base being so much bigger.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Grain of salt:

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/c...duty_advanced_warfare_sales_were_on_xbox.html
53 per cent of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare's opening week sales were on Xbox One and Xbox 360, GfK Chart Track has revealed.

PS4 was actually the lead platform with 35 per cent of sales, but only slightly ahead of Xbox One at 32 per cent - a surprise given the lead PS4 has over Xbox One.

Top Bottom